P&O Ventura - Bruges Shuttle?

Gizmorella

Hi all, sorry if this has been answered a million times over. I wasn't wondering in anyone could tell me if there is a FREE shuttle from Zeebrugge (cruise port) to Blankenberge train station? Or likewise free shuttle into Bruges itself?

This is on the Ventura in August 2017. Thanks for any help provided :)

There's a shuttle from the ship to Blankenberge to get the train but the trains aren't very frequent. I'd recommend the shuttle bus from the port gates to Bruges. This is the website -http://www.cruise-express.be/en/ and it costs €20

The bus runs every 30 minutes and is very reliable. It drops you off in the same coach park that P&O use but costs an awful lot less than the Bruges On Your Own tour. This shuttle only started last year so it's not too well known about yet but we'll definitely use it again.

There has always been when we've been to Zeebrugge, a free shuttle to Blankenberg Station. There is not a free shuttle into Bruges - that would have to be one of the paid excursions. I believe the Port Authorities do not allow anyone to walk from the ship to the port exit and that's why they provide the shuttle.

There's a shuttle from the ship to Blankenberge to get the train but the trains aren't very frequent. I'd recommend the shuttle bus from the port gates to Bruges. This is the website -http://www.cruise-express.be/en/ and it costs €20

The bus runs every 30 minutes and is very reliable. It drops you off in the same coach park that P&O use but costs an awful lot less than the Bruges On Your Own tour. This shuttle only started last year so it's not too well known about yet but we'll definitely use it again.

That's some fantastic info. Thank you very much. I think with my little one in tow this might be the best solution!

That's some fantastic info. Thank you very much. I think with my little one in tow this might be the best solution!

Personally i would either get the free shuttle to Blankenberg or take the tour to Brugge especially if you have a child with you.

We saw the bus stop but it was a little distance from the port gate and the shuttle won't stop there and you can't walk through the industrial port so to save a few pounds i personally wouldn't do it.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Personally i would either get the free shuttle to Blankenberg or take the tour to Brugge especially if you have a child with you.

We saw the bus stop but it was a little distance from the port gate and the shuttle won't stop there and you can't walk through the industrial port so to save a few pounds i personally wouldn't do it.

It wasn't just about saving a few pounds, but also about the convenience; we could leave the ship when we wanted (in our case 9:30) and return when we wanted as the bus comes back every 30 minutes straight to the port. We didn't have to fit our times round P&O's on their transfer. When we left Zeebrugge it was a rainy morning so we didn't think we'd stay long but then it cleared to sunshine so we spent all day there. I think it's perfect if you've got a little one. if they were getting tired you could just head back and get the next coach, instead of hanging around for the transfer.

Everybody leaving the ship has to get on a bus to the port gates and the shuttle bus is just at the end of the taxi rank so certainly close to the gates.

It wasn't just about saving a few pounds, but also about the convenience; we could leave the ship when we wanted (in our case 9:30) and return when we wanted as the bus comes back every 30 minutes straight to the port. We didn't have to fit our times round P&O's on their transfer. When we left Zeebrugge it was a rainy morning so we didn't think we'd stay long but then it cleared to sunshine so we spent all day there. I think it's perfect if you've got a little one. if they were getting tired you could just head back and get the next coach, instead of hanging around for the transfer.

Everybody leaving the ship has to get on a bus to the port gates and the shuttle bus is just at the end of the taxi rank so certainly close to the gates.

The only shuttles i have been on took us to Blankenberg.

There is nothing within miles of the port gates.

When we went there were two busses one is a shuttle to Blankenberge and the other to the Port gate; something people don't realise - you can check whether this will be the same when you board.

The train will be easy if you decide that option, they are very modern.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The only shuttles i have been on took us to Blankenberg.

There is nothing within miles of the port gates.

I can assure you there is. I posted a link to the website above. There is a shuttle from the ship to the port gates - 2 minutes - and there is a shuttle from the gates to Bruges. It is not a regular public service bus but a special service run solely for cruisers to get from Zeebrugge to Bruges. There is a canopy just by the taxi rank and the Cruise express shuttle bus is sitting there. It really is very easy and I cannot recommend it highly enough. As I said I will definitely use it again

I can assure you there is. I posted a link to the website above. There is a shuttle from the ship to the port gates - 2 minutes - and there is a shuttle from the gates to Bruges. It is not a regular public service bus but a special service run solely for cruisers to get from Zeebrugge to Bruges. There is a canopy just by the taxi rank and the Cruise express shuttle bus is sitting there. It really is very easy and I cannot recommend it highly enough. As I said I will definitely use it again

I saw the bus stop with several young people standing there plus the taxis​ on our Ventura new year cruise and wondered how they got there.

We have seen Brugge several times so we just pop along to Blankenberg for a few hours as there are several nice chocolate shops here plus if you walk the full length of the main street and go up the steps there is a long promenade and nice beach.

I thoroughly recommend Martin's Taxis. They charge 50 Euros each way for up to 7 people. You book online / via email and you don't pay anything until the day. Taxis aren't allowed into the port, so they meet you outside the port gates. Simply get the free port shuttle bus to / from the gates (NOT the P&O shuttle to Blankenberg). The added advantage of a taxi is that they drop you off and pick you up in the central square. Buses, coaches and trains cannot do this and involve a 20 minute walk. DO NOT use any taxi company that asks for payment in advance. This is not permitted under local law and these are rip off merchants. When we visited in February, a very unhappy family were at the port gates having pre booked and pre-paid (far more than the 50 euro set fee that all firms are bound to) for a cab that didn't turn up.

On our cruise to Bruges next week, P&O are offering what they call a (transfer to Bruges) for £22 per person under shore excursions.

Never seen this before, not badly priced either.

That's interesting. We have a 3 night trip booked in December on aurora. Just checked cruise personaliser but we don't have this option available.

That's interesting. We have a 3 night trip booked in December on aurora. Just checked cruise personaliser but we don't have this option available.

When we first looked at the tour options for Bruges I'm pretty sure it wasn't available we sail next week and I think its only just been added. we have visited at least 6 times and this has never been advertised on any past cruise.

Extract below.

A completely hassle-free way to visit Bruges. Early birds can enjoy the morning and return for an afternoon on board. Leisurely risers can explore later on and be back in time for the sailaway. And unlike shuttle transfers, you’re guaranteed a seat on your designated return coach, so nothing is left to chance.

On your transfer you’ll receive a Bruges City Map and be greeted by a local guide who can highlight the iconic activities and attractions. They’ll map your route to the city centre ‘Markt’ and provide details of where and when to meet for pick up.

When we first looked at the tour options for Bruges I'm pretty sure it wasn't available we sail next week and I think its only just been added. we have visited at least 6 times and this has never been advertised on any past cruise.

Extract below.

A completely hassle-free way to visit Bruges. Early birds can enjoy the morning and return for an afternoon on board. Leisurely risers can explore later on and be back in time for the sailaway. And unlike shuttle transfers, you’re guaranteed a seat on your designated return coach, so nothing is left to chance.

On your transfer you’ll receive a Bruges City Map and be greeted by a local guide who can highlight the iconic activities and attractions. They’ll map your route to the city centre ‘Markt’ and provide details of where and when to meet for pick up.

These tours are great and only around 4 hours long which gives you time to shop,sight see and have a coffee or beer sitting outside a restaurant in the main square.

Hi all, sorry if this has been answered a million times over. I wasn't wondering in anyone could tell me if there is a FREE shuttle from Zeebrugge (cruise port) to Blankenberge train station? Or likewise free shuttle into Bruges itself?

Yes there is a shuttle to the train station, used it many times and just a short walk to the station, never had a problem getting on a train straight away. We always pay select fare so don't know if shuttle is free for everyone. It's a nice walk through the lake of love into the centre of Bruges from the train station.

The shuttle to Blankenberg is free for all fares.

Brian

I thought it was but we always do select for obc so i wasn't sure.

The train station is across the road to the shuttle drop off point so it is easy to travel to Brugge and back then shuttle back to the ship.

You may like to look at this...

18653392876_ef4759f930_z.jpg

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2015/06/15/zeebrugge-for-dummies/

And when you get to Bruges, this may be of interest...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2015/06/15/one-way-to-do-bruges/

18679646415_1f24f0963a_z.jpg

You may like to look at this...

18653392876_ef4759f930_z.jpg

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2015/06/15/zeebrugge-for-dummies/

And when you get to Bruges, this may be of interest...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2015/06/15/one-way-to-do-bruges/

18679646415_1f24f0963a_z.jpg

This is brilliant! I love a picture guide lol. Especially for the directionally challenged like me ;)

Be aware that the coach park is a long way from the centre.

We took a ship's tour of Bruges and weren't aware of this.

I use a walking stick and am quite slow. There was a lot of standing around while the guide talked with nowhere to sit, unless you were out of earshot. And she set a cracking pace which I struggled to keep up with.

On our return I was exhausted and very slow, we would have missed the coach if my other half hadn't run ahead as the guide didn't check that everyone was back on board. So I would suggest a taxi back if you have mobility issues.