Taking Alcohol Onboard

ScotBrit17

Would security take a bottle of spirits from you on embarkation if it was a bottle that was included in your drinks package. I am guessing the answer is yes they would take it from you. We like to have a drink in cabin / balcony before dinner and it would save us going down to a bar getting the drink and coming back up to cabin. Would also save Celebrity the cost of all the drinks as they are covered in my package.

The only thing Celebrity allows you to bring onboard at embarkation is 2 bottles of wine per cabin.

Alcohol will be taken from you and usually held and returned at the end of the cruise.

If you packed it in your suitcase, they will hold your luggage and have you come retrieve it minus the bottle of alcohol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

your logic is sound, but i believe the answer is they would confiscate. Its only wine that's allowed, 2 bottles per cabin.

It would be hard for them to police who has what, so 1 blanket rule is the policy , at least at the moment

Would security take a bottle of spirits from you on embarkation if it was a bottle that was included in your drinks package. I am guessing the answer is yes they would take it from you. We like to have a drink in cabin / balcony before dinner and it would save us going down to a bar getting the drink and coming back up to cabin. Would also save Celebrity the cost of all the drinks as they are covered in my package.

You need to take those extra steps to get your drink from a bar.

But here is what you can do with your drink pkg,

Bring a small kitchen funnel, keep a couple water bottles when finished, one time during the day when going back to the cabin, order a double, and put it in the empty water bottle. Presto! You can then make your toddy while getting all spruced up for dinner.

Or as others mentioned, just take a stroll to one of the bars and bring one back freash.

Additional question.......where are you supposed to pack wine? In your carry-on or checked bags?

Do not put the wine in your checked bag. If you're flying, once you land, pull it from your checked bag and put it in your carry on. I've flown a number of times with wine. Packed in a "wine diaper" then wrapped in clothes for more cushioning. Never had a problem.

My son is 22 and his cabin companion is 20, will they still allow my son to bring a bottle of wine on board with him?

As long as one person in the room is 21 then he/she can bring in two bottles of wine per cabin. I recommend putting it in the carry-on to avoid breakage and a hassle in the naughty room.

Additional question.......where are you supposed to pack wine? In your carry-on or checked bags?

We have done it both ways with no issues nor problems.

We will pack our better wine in our checked luggage in a wine skin, never had a break. We have also bought at a Publix or Total Wine and carried on.

There are 3 of us in the cabin but I will be arriving later than the other 2. I am the only one bringing wine. Will there be a problem since the other 2 will already be on board (without wine)

As long as one person in the room is 21 then he/she can bring in two bottles of wine per cabin. I recommend putting it in the carry-on to avoid breakage and a hassle in the naughty room.

This ship is sailing from the UK so you should be free to carry wine on board and indeed drink alcohol on board from the age of 18, subject to taking on 2 bottles per cabin limit of course.