Adventure of the Seas over spring break

I'm looking to switch my Harmony spring break cruise to Adventure the last week of March 2018. Prices on Harmony are really expensive so I'm looking to change to Adventure as it seems cheaper...not really interested in other ships.

1. Will there be kids on Adventure over spring break? ( know less than typical stateside cruise but we need some kids. I'd bring 4 kids and they love meeting friends on board.

2. Does the RC air program give decent discounts to Puerto Rico? Looking online and want to make sure the air fare doesn't eat all the savings from changing ships.

3. Is Adventure fairly family friendly? We've been on Liberty twice before but never a Voyager class. Looks like similar evening offerings. Is there a broadway like show on it?

I may be missing something but I don't see a roll call for the date I'm looking at.

The RC air program (Air2Sea) will have the virtually the same pricing to PR as airline web sites. Air2Sea pricing has not been advantageous for purely domestic flights.

There are typical cruise ship production shows on Adventure, but no real Broadway shows such as Grease, Saturday Night Fever, etc.

By next March, Adventure will have been updated to include slides

For me I love the big ships, lots to do with kids and adults. Well worth a few $$$ more but that's your call. Go on A2S web sight and as a guest you can search a particular cruise and see what the fairs are. Fairly straightforward sight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The RC air program (Air2Sea) will have the virtually the same pricing to PR as airline web sites. Air2Sea pricing has not been advantageous for purely domestic flights.

There are typical cruise ship production shows on Adventure, but no real Broadway shows such as Grease, Saturday Night Fever, etc.

By next March, Adventure will have been updated to include slides

More slides? The slides went in on the last attempted upgrade, I think the only thing left is adding the new cabins at the top front.

slide1.jpg

More slides? The slides went in on the last attempted upgrade, I think the only thing left is adding the new cabins at the top front.

slide1.jpg

And Izumi! I'm bummed it won't be there on our cruise in November. But yeah your right, slides are already there.

Sorry Bill, I can't keep track of all the partial dry docks Adventure has had.;)

Back in march of this year I booked 2 spring break cruises out of San Juan. Adventure in March of 2018, Freedom for March 2019. Both of those cruises cost me as much as 1 cruise on Harmony. Kind of a no brained for us. Plus we get to go to islands we haven't visited yet.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

And Izumi! I'm bummed it won't be there on our cruise in November. But yeah your right, slides are already there.

There is a mobile Izumi on board. We saw them roaming around all over the place a few weeks ago.

• 2 weeks later...

We were on AOS out of San Juan this spring break with our 7 and 17 year old kiddos. We loved it and thought it perfect size with enough kiddos but not over run. Our 7 year old met a buddy right away and they hung out each night in kids club 7-10pm. Our teenager wasn't interested in teen club but usually played basketball with whomever was on the court, played trivia with us or we watched March Madness together ( we are big NCAA basketball fans) after dinner. He says he was never bored Ours was a very port heavy itinerary ( which we like) so we were off the ship 5/7 days together as a family. We felt it was a very family friendly boat, lots of multigenerational families on our sailing. We wouldn't hesitate to book again, we really loved San Juan too.

we are booked on this same cruise and we have our 15 year and 12 year old girls sailing with me and my husband. We picked this cruise for the itin so we are excited. We did the Jewel out of San Juan 2 or 3 years ago for Spring Break and found that there were plenty of kids. Also, for the airfare, we didn't book thru RCCL. The pricing is not any better, but with expedia plus hotel package, you can sometimes save some. For this cruise, we are planning to book using miles for 3 out of 4 of our tickets.... This post is reminding me that I need to get these booked as the miles seats will disappear soon!

Sarah

yes-seats were already expensive and difficult to get, especially on the return flight! sort of mad we procrastinated as long as we did, a month ago prices and selection would have been better!

But-a month ago were were just setting sail on Allure! so, my mind was not on spring break 2018!!

Spring break is not the "college frat party" you might be imagining. It's mainly families who have time off. It's not different than any other time, as the ships sail full on almost EVERY sailing. Simply more families..that's all.

well, thank goodness its not a college frat party! we are traveling with another family, all teenagers, and the 2 oldest are celebrating their high school senior year! We chose this itinerary specifically to avoid all the HS crazy spring breakers that go to mexico and other destinations so they can "party like rock stars!!"