Carnival Magic Cabin advice for a family of 4

UDcc123

Looking for room advice for a future Magic cruise for our family of 4 (8 & 10 year old daughters). We took a RC trip on the Oasis last year with an inside balcony. The only time it felt cramped was at shower time...when I would conveniently wait outside on the balcony:-).

The debate is that it's ~$500 cheaper for 2 connecting interior rooms compared to 1 outside balcony room. My wife enjoys the thought of the balcony, but she never used it on the Oasis (granted an inside Boardwalk vs outside ocean balcony is different). Do you think we'd appreciate the two bathrooms and extra space more or less than the view and light coming from an outside cabin?

Looking for room advice for a future Magic cruise for our family of 4 (8 & 10 year old daughters). We took a RC trip on the Oasis last year with an inside balcony. The only time it felt cramped was at shower time...when I would conveniently wait outside on the balcony:-).

The debate is that it's ~$500 cheaper for 2 connecting interior rooms compared to 1 outside balcony room. My wife enjoys the thought of the balcony, but she never used it on the Oasis (granted an inside Boardwalk vs outside ocean balcony is different). Do you think we'd appreciate the two bathrooms and extra space more or less than the view and light coming from an outside cabin?

FWIW, I would always like to have an extra $500 in my budget to spend on something else. The extra bathroom doesn't hurt, either.

We always cruise insides and love them.

OP here. The deck plans show very few interior connecting rooms for the Magic...for those that have done it, any issues with continually going out into the hall to get to the room next door?

I priced everything out based on your suggestions and it roughly goes:

1 interior = base price

2nd interior next door w/o connecting inside = $200 over base

1 balcony = $600 over base

2 deluxe oceanviews w/connecting inside = $700 over base

2 balconies = $1,400 over base (sadly we didn't get only $350 more like a prior poster)

Deluxe Oceanviews only sleep up to 3 on the site (at least those still available)

So based on that...

- We've never been on deck 1 before (deluxe oceanview)...anything to know about?

- Do you get the same convenience with adjoining interiors when there's no inside door between them?

- Assuming my wife won't go for just 1 interior, recommend two deluxe oceanviews on deck 1 or one balcony on deck 6/9?

Thanks!

Honestly as long as you trust your kids not to leave the room after you put them to bed there is no need for connecting inner rooms unless of course your kids scare easy or something like that - Just be sure to get an extra key for your room and theirs so that they can come in your room if they need you

We do a balcony for us and put the kids in an inside across the hall. Our boys were 7 (just shy of 8) and 13 (just shy of 14) the first time we did this. But you have to know your kids...if you put them in the room, will they stay there? My youngest had been on probably 5-6 cruises (with his grandmother in the room) before we did this. He follows rules and it was never an issue. We put him to bed at 10 when camp let out and woke him for breakfast (usually he was up watching his Kindle or the TV) at 7:30 or 8.

I know there are other parents who would not be comfortable with this, but they are literally 5' away so I just never have had an issue. If you are worried, take a monitor.

For us, this is the best of both worlds. On the Magic, this is a pretty cheap option because the Coves on Deck 2 are the cheapest balconies and the inside it cheap too. When you go on other ships, the inside goes up to like a 4J.

(OP here) Thanks...we wouldn't put the kids together...wife would take one and I'd take the other. We're most likely going to pay $200 and get the Balcony + interior. We may only use the interior for sleeping & extra showers, but it's worth $200 to not have the sofa bed out all the time so the room feels less cramped...cheaper than any other upgrade for a room type:)

Quick question...if we do get two rooms, does that mean my wife can get the Cheers package and I don't have to? That would be savings in and of itself since she drinks more than I do.

(OP here) Thanks...we wouldn't put the kids together...wife would take one and I'd take the other. We're most likely going to pay $200 and get the Balcony + interior. We may only use the interior for sleeping & extra showers, but it's worth $200 to not have the sofa bed out all the time so the room feels less cramped...cheaper than any other upgrade for a room type:)

Quick question...if we do get two rooms, does that mean my wife can get the Cheers package and I don't have to? That would be savings in and of itself since she drinks more than I do.

I believe so. Just make sure you book the names that way so it only shows one adult per room. And before it begins, yes this is a work around to the system in a way but is to the letter of the rules as there is only one adult in the cabin getting Cheers.

Thanks...and to be clear...I'm not planning on using her Cheers card for me...if I want a drink I'll buy it. I can see her getting 4-5 fancy martinis + fancy coffee each day. I'll have my 1 bud/miller light a day that I'll pay for and free coffee.

Yes. She can have Cheers as long as you and she are each in a room with a kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums