How early can a MSC cruise be booked?

sverigecruiser

We come home from our first MSC cruise two days ago and want to book a new one as soon as possible!

We want to cruise in the beginning of 2019, preferly in March, and I have tried to find cruises then but can't find anything, is it too early?

I haven't contacted my TA yet, will they be able to help me or do we have to wait?

What we want is:

1. The ship must have Yacht Club.

2. The cruise must be longer than a week.

3. We want to cruise in the Caribbean and prefer to embark in Miami.

Does anyone know if there are any cruises that match what we want?

There are some Seaside and Divina cruises that are longer than a week for March 2019.

You can catch Divina before it does a transatlantic in March.

They leave from Miami and can be booked now.

In the online 2018-2019 Brochure

Page 166

Divina

11 nights

Miami

3rd March 2019

Page 164

Seaside

14 nights

Miami

9th march 2019

23rd March 2019

The only one I could access through online booking was

the Divina cruise

marhc19.jpg

Pete

Thank you for the great information!

I have tried to find cruises on MSCs website but as said before it's useless and I haven't been able to find any cruises there.

I have also searched on some Swedish online TAs without luck.

Now I know that the cruises exist so I can ask my TA.

Thanks!

How should we do that? We never saw any information about that so we didn't thought about that as an option.

It wasn't possible to book onboard Meraviglia, SC. I spoke with the Cruise Consultant and she said she hadn't authorisation to sell cruises onboard! Anyway, the incentives offered aren't usually worth it! I've yet to be convinced to book onboard an MSC ship.

Be careful about booking in March for a US sailing - Spring break is usually around that time. Sounds to me like a time to avoid sailing in that region!

Be careful about booking in March for a US sailing - Spring break is usually around that time. Sounds to me like a time to avoid sailing in that region!

Thanks for the warning!

Can that be a problem in the Yacht Club too?

What about longer cruises, still a possible problem? The 14 days on the Seaside seems to be a combination of 2 seven days cruises so I understand that can be a problem but can the 12 days cruise on Divina have that problems too?

Thanks for the warning!

Can that be a problem in the Yacht Club too?

What about longer cruises, still a possible problem? The 14 days on the Seaside seems to be a combination of 2 seven days cruises so I understand that can be a problem but can the 12 days cruise on Divina have that problems too?

You're right, of course - not so much a problem either in Yacht Club or on longer cruises. :D

You're right, of course - not so much a problem either in Yacht Club or on longer cruises. :D

So you think that the 14 days on the Seaside will be okay as long as we book the Yacht Club?

I don't mind lots of kids and teenagers around the ship as long as I can get away from it.

So you think that the 14 days on the Seaside will be okay as long as we book the Yacht Club?

I don't mind lots of kids and teenagers around the ship as long as I can get away from it.

Hopefully, someone who has cruised at that time of year in that region in YC can answer. I don't have any experience, myself, SC. Most of my cruises have been either in the Med or on Grand Voyages.

Hopefully, someone who has cruised at that time of year in that region in YC can answer. I don't have any experience, myself, SC. Most of my cruises have been either in the Med or on Grand Voyages.

I understand that not even you can know everything even if you know a lot! :champagne-toast:

From my experience early March will have more college students, later March will start with the younger school age kids. Both have their disadvantages. By April I don't cruise unless I can find at least a true 14 day. With MSC's pricing structure I think families will be booking in all categories. I expect it will be better than in the Haven which is more family oriented than YC. I would expect some families in the YC area, hopefully MSC will enforce some civility. I wouldn't book Seaside as a 14 day, better to do it as a B2B. Twice in Nassau is a bummer.

From my experience early March will have more college students, later March will start with the younger school age kids. Both have their disadvantages. By April I don't cruise unless I can find at least a true 14 day. With MSC's pricing structure I think families will be booking in all categories. I expect it will be better than in the Haven which is more family oriented than YC. I would expect some families in the YC area, hopefully MSC will enforce some civility. I wouldn't book Seaside as a 14 day, better to do it as a B2B. Twice in Nassau is a bummer.

Why is it better to book the Seaside as B2B than as a 14 day cruise?

I agree that twice in Nassau should be a bummer but we could just stay on the ship there. (The cruise I have looked at doesn't go to Nassau twice but maybe some other do.)

March 3 2019 so it's almost 600 days left to wait...!

We're on that, too, but in an Aurea cabin - not in YC. clear.png?emoji-frown-1741

We're staying on and doing the 20 night crossing back to Europe - so 31 nights in all. The price for Yacht Club for that was just too much! We're getting Aurea with a deluxe (premium) package for almost half what it would cost for YC.

We have our 28 nights in YC on Splendida to look forward to next March, however - 242 days to go. So can't really complain, eh? We also have a couple more Med cruises booked for this year - both in Fantastica balcony cabins, so lots to look forward to. :)

We're on that, too, but in an Aurea cabin - not in YC. clear.png?emoji-frown-1741

We're staying on and doing the 20 night crossing back to Europe - so 31 nights in all. The price for Yacht Club for that was just too much! We're getting Aurea with a deluxe (premium) package for almost half what it would cost for YC.

We have our 28 nights in YC on Splendida to look forward to next March, however - 242 days to go. So can't really complain, eh? We also have a couple more Med cruises booked for this year - both in Fantastica balcony cabins, so lots to look forward to. :)

I have seen in your signature that you cruise a lot.

I guess that I owe you at least a bottle of Champagne! (Since it wasn't mentioned in the menu in the Yacht Club we might have missed the Champagne there if you hadn't told me about it! )

I have seen in your signature that you cruise a lot.

I guess that I owe you at least a bottle of Champagne! (Since it wasn't mentioned in the menu in the Yacht Club we might have missed the Champagne there if you hadn't told me about it! )

We're cutting down on the number of cruises we're doing from next year, SC - it's becoming too much! We feel we're only unpacking from one when it's time to start planning packing for the next. And they begin to roll into each other so you don't take each one as it comes - you're always thinking of the next one which is a 'better' one, or a longer one, or one in a better cabin, etc. We're going to opt for quality over quantity - at least that's the plan. We'll see how that one works out, LOL.

As to the champagne - maybe we'll get to share a glass on Divina. I'll have the premium package so it won't even cost you LOL. ;) (I know - it wouldn't cost you anything, either, as you, too, will be covered! :p)

You'll just have to come down to steerage to us plebs, though. :eek:

We're cutting down on the number of cruises we're doing from next year, SC - it's becoming too much! We feel we're only unpacking from one when it's time to start planning packing for the next. And they begin to roll into each other so you don't take each one as it comes - you're always thinking of the next one which is a 'better' one, or a longer one, or one in a better cabin, etc. We're going to opt for quality over quantity - at least that's the plan. We'll see how that one works out, LOL.

As to the champagne - maybe we'll get to share a glass on Divina. I'll have the premium package so it won't even cost you LOL. ;) (I know - it wouldn't cost you anything, either, as you, too, will be covered! :p)

You'll just have to come down to steerage to us plebs, though. :eek:

A bottle still cost even if we get 30% discount! On Meraviglia we bought a bottle and we also paid for other Champagne than the Laurent-Perrier in the Champagne bar once.

I have never had any kind of beverage package on NCL but I think that there only the difference have to be paid when order something not included in the package. (So the 15 euro we had to pay for a glass of Champagne on Meraviglia had only costed us 4 euro on NCL if 11 euro is the limit there too.)

Both our time and our money limit how many cruises we can take and we defenitely prefer quality over quantity!