Special Restaurants on Epic Best ?

LynnTTT

We are getting close to the "booking" date for our Transatlantic cruise from Barcelona to Port Canaveral. We have a package of four dinners and are wondering which to book.

Le Bistro- we like French food and think this is a good choice

Cagney's- we do like steaks and think that maybe booking this for two dinners wouldn't be a problem! Does anyone have a menu? Is it true you get an app, entree and dessert only? I assume you just pay a la carte if you want more?

Moderno- seems like a lot of meat? Maybe Cagney's a better deal?

Teppanyaki- some say that the free Chinese is just about as good?

La Cucina; Love Italian.

Opinions welcome

Does anyone have a menu? Is it true you get an app, entree and dessert only?

No it isn't true. You are restricted to one entree, but can have multiples of other courses.

Menus for Cagneys and the other restaurants are posted online fairly regularly. They may not necessarily be the current Epic ones, but they will give an idea. A google search will find some.

As for which to book, it's personal choice really. You will get many opinions. I think they are all good. Just do a search for some sample menus and go for what sounds most appealing to you.

We are getting close to the "booking" date for our Transatlantic cruise from Barcelona to Port Canaveral. We have a package of four dinners and are wondering which to book.

Cagney's- we do like steaks and think that maybe booking this for two dinners wouldn't be a problem! Does anyone have a menu? Is it true you get an app, entree and dessert only? I assume you just pay a la carte if you want more?

La Cucina; Love Italian.

4 Dinners? We would chose: Cagneys, Cirque Dreams Epicurean, Teppanyaki, Monderno

I'd choose:

1) Le Bistro

2)Moderno

3)Cirque Dreams

4) Le Bistro again, yum [emoji12]

For me, the meat was too big at Cagney's, which is fun, but by the time you're half way through it's cold.

Happy cruising!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Make reservations for Le Bistro and Cagneys.

Moderno and La Cucina reservations once boarded - are much easier to secure.

Teppenyaki on Epic - we were totally underwhelmed but that's us. Maybe it was a bad night - but we were comparing it to a Hibachi at Sandals which we thought was miles better -

I have made our Le Bistro/Cagneys/La Cucina reservations for the TA - space is fast filling online -

Make your reservations for the most popular then once you board, if you want to change you will find people on waiting lists for your reservation (the desk will help with this) willing to swap out Moderno/La Cucina for your booking.

We will probably at some point, go to Moderno as we enjoyed it on Epic (didn't on Jade and didn't try it on Getaway).

La Cucino the OssoBucco is awesome! As is the Risotto - We haven't been back on Epic since the refurb so hoping the ambience of La Cucina has improved. It was a bit desolate the last time we were there.

If you are going to see Priscilla then note the days and times of your reservation for it - (Its available to book now no charge). There were only two bookable options when I booked the other day - so watch your dinner reservations don't clash.

I am not sure if we will go to the show but at least we have it booked and can cancel it if we wish.

Bon Voyage! Here's to a sunny crossing! :)

La Cucina; Love Italian.

Opinions welcome

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

We ended up booking our choices by calling NCL exactly 90 days out. I was having trouble with the web-site but the lady at NCL (Lacreta I think) was very helpful and followed up with email confirmations. Coordinated the reservations with the shows we could book. Even 90 days out our preferred 8:00 PM time was already gone for at least one of the restaurants.

WE booked Cagneys, Le Bistro, Moderno and La Cucina.

Great choices. Next time I will not go to Moderno on the last night of a cruise, I will make it one of the first. I was so full because I ate so much during the week that I really could not eat much more food. I did not get to try some of the meats that came out.

The Coq au Vin at Le Bistro was some of the best I have ever had.