Sold out online excursion

tiggedytiggs

Keep checking daily. Because shore excursions are fully refundable up until (I think) 1 day before the cruise, many people often change their minds.

I have gotten "sold out" excursions before by being patient and just re-checking.

If all else fails, check the desk when onboard. Sometimes they hold spots for those onboard.

Hint---can book shore excursions at Shore Excursions or Guest Services.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If all else fails, check the desk when onboard. Sometimes they hold spots for those onboard.

Hint---can book shore excursions at Shore Excursions or Guest Services.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That differs from ship to ship. DD stood in line at GS for forty five minutes only to be told to go to the Shore Excursion desk for Excursions.

whatever the excursion is, you can do it privately, cheaper and better. No, you will not miss the ship

That was a thought too. I'm always about doing my own excursions. I'm looking for a snorkel and beach excursion with time to explore Nassau before getting back on and Carnival has a popular one but the 830 time is sold out. Ive been trying to find the company online, its a speed boat with stops at about 4 islands and 45 min at Rose beach. I wanted to have an early excursion time and we want to explore and have lunch before we head back. Haven't been to Bahamas in a long time

That was a thought too. I'm always about doing my own excursions. I'm looking for a snorkel and beach excursion with time to explore Nassau before getting back on and Carnival has a popular one but the 830 time is sold out. Ive been trying to find the company online, its a speed boat with stops at about 4 islands and 45 min at Rose beach. I wanted to have an early excursion time and we want to explore and have lunch before we head back. Haven't been to Bahamas in a long time

I bet you might have some luck if you asked Uncle Google about powerboat adventures in Nassau.

If an excursion is sold out or close to being sold out on the Carnival website, are there more slots available onboard? Has anyone noticed this?

It really depends on the excursion. For example, Half Moon Cay cabanas tend to sell out months in advance, and Carnival does not hold back any openings; however, that doesn't mean a passenger won't cancel once they board the ship, so go to the Shore Excursion Desk as soon as your board and ask to be placed on a waiting list.

On some other excursions, Carnival may add additional capacity once an excursion sells out if that is possible.

It really depends on whether capacity is fixed (limited number of cabanas) or flexible (could add another bus).

What excursion are you looking at? That information would help others help you.

We were hoping to get on a "sold out" excursion in Roatan. Wife really wanted to go so once we got off the ship she tracked down the excursion person running around the port area. We didn't get on the excursion for *our* ship, but because another Carnival ship was in port that day and had the same excursion, we were able to get on *their* excursion an hour later.

Just another option to consider if there's an excursion you really want to do, and there are other Carnival ships in port that day.

GP

whatever the excursion is, you can do it privately, cheaper and better. No, you will not miss the ship

99% of the time you won't miss the ship, but it's certainly not guaranteed like a Carnival-sponsored excursion.

I'll admit, I've done both, and never missed the ship, but people *have* missed the ship when not on Carnival-sponsored excursions. It does happen, albeit, rarely.

Just want to be sure rookies understand there is no guarantee.

GP

OP, I have always been told by the "Excursion Staff" that they hold spaces open for 'onboard booking'. While we mostly take independently booked excursions, we have been able to book a CCL excursion that was 'sold out' online, once we got on the ship (it may have been due to a cancellation as well).....but certainly that is an option.

99% of the time you won't miss the ship, but it's certainly not guaranteed like a Carnival-sponsored excursion.

I'll admit, I've done both, and never missed the ship, but people *have* missed the ship when not on Carnival-sponsored excursions. It does happen, albeit, rarely.

Just want to be sure rookies understand there is no guarantee.

GP

I agree -- We usually book private excursions or go out on our own via public transportation. However, in the case of a long excursion (6 hours) and we're only in port for 7 hours, I always go with what the ship has to offer. I am not big on cutting it too close! :-)