San Juan Hotel

im not sure about either of those...I can recommend the Marriott Stellaris which is in the heart of condado beach...It's a 5-10 minute taxi ride to old san juan ($14 taxi ride each way) and the beaches on condado are beautfiul. Marriott has beautiful pools and free chairs/umbrellas on their beach for you to use. It's about a 10-15 minute ride to pan american port where your royal caribbean cruise leaves from. Just an idea if you stay in Condado area.

I agree to post this on the ports of call board...however...I have stayed at the Sheraton Old San Juan...and loved the hotel and especially the location...will definitely stay there again.

I have stayed at both and they both have their ups and downs. The Embassy Suites is very near the airport but a long way from Old San Juan. They have a beautiful pool. They have access to the beach just a short walk away. There is an Outback Steakhouse on the premises and there are other restaurants within walking distance. They have a reception every night where you get free food and drinks. They have a free breakfast in the morning. If you plan on visiting Old San Juan, you'll need to take a taxi there and back. The Embassy Suites is 20 - 25 minutes from the Pan American Pier. The Sheraton Old San Juan is across the street from some of the cruise ship docks. It's in the heart of downtown and within walking distance of many restaurants and most of the attractions of Old San Juan. The Pan American Pier is across the harbor and is a 10 minute ride away.

Because I have been to Old San Juan Several times and don't feel a need to see it again, I'll be staying at the Embassy Suites next March prior to boarding the Adventure of the Seas.

If you want to try something different, we stayed at the Cervantes, which is in the heart of Old San Juan. It was wonderful. Not big, but it is a completely different feel than Sheraton. More of a boutique hotel.We would definitely stay there again. Everything was in walking distance and the trolleys stopped right outside the door. Great restaurants a few doors down.

im not sure about either of those...I can recommend the Marriott Stellaris which is in the heart of condado beach...It's a 5-10 minute taxi ride to old san juan ($14 taxi ride each way) and the beaches on condado are beautfiul. Marriott has beautiful pools and free chairs/umbrellas on their beach for you to use. It's about a 10-15 minute ride to pan american port where your royal caribbean cruise leaves from. Just an idea if you stay in Condado area.

We stayed at the Renaissance La Concha (a block away from the Stellaris in Condado). We used the bus ($.75 exact change) to and from Old San Juan. It came down Ashford Avenue and stopped right in front of the hotel. Easy peasy.

P.S. I didn't think the beach at Condado was all that great. Certainly not Barbados. Or even the Jersey shore.

Would you say at Embassy Suites or the Sheraton Old San Juan? Any feedback or recommendations? Which is a better option? Thanks
I suppose it depends on several questions: what dock are you sailing from, what do you want to do in San Juan, etc. We stayed post-cruise at the El San Juan Hotel in Isla Verde and it was amazing. We had no interest in touring Old San Juan having done that in the past. It was a great hotel.

We have stayed in Condado (Mariott Stellaris and LaConcha) but never was able to stay at Sheraton as it required a minimum 2 night stay. The Sheraton is right in the heart of Old San Juan, right across from the CCL port, but further from RCI Pan American port (you will need to take a taxi there). The Embassy Suites is definitely further away and if you want to tour/walk around OSJ then it would be further off the beaten track than the others. We loved Condado, lots of fun restaurants and great beaches!