Wine and Watches Questions!

skatie

We will be on the Baltic Getaway cruise next week and its our first time with NCL. My husband is interested in purchasing a watch and wondering if there is a large selection (brands?) and good sales? I know on previous Caribbean cruises we'd check ports and ship prices, but not sure if Baltic cruises would be similar in variety and good prices? Also we were thinking of purchasing wine at our first stop in Germany versus at embarkation. Is it ok to buy wine at any stop and bring it back on and pay the corkage fee so that its available to you throughout the cruise, or will they hold any wine you buy if not brought on at embarking port? Thanks

We bought rum in St Thomas and they stored it for us and gave it to us the night before disembarkation. My husband loves watches and has bought a few on the two cruises we have been on. I am thinking that since it is the NCL jewelry store that they will still have good deals. They will have it listed in the dailies as to what the "special" of the day will be for different watch brands.

If you buy a watch make sure it works by running it for a number of days. We bought one that stopped after 24 hours, presumably the battery was run down, and had quite a job getting a replacement.

Yes. As it is a bit difficult to jump in the car and run back to the ship when you have issues.

We will be on the Baltic Getaway cruise next week and its our first time with NCL. My husband is interested in purchasing a watch and wondering if there is a large selection (brands?) and good sales? I know on previous Caribbean cruises we'd check ports and ship prices, but not sure if Baltic cruises would be similar in variety and good prices? Also we were thinking of purchasing wine at our first stop in Germany versus at embarkation. Is it ok to buy wine at any stop and bring it back on and pay the corkage fee so that its available to you throughout the cruise, or will they hold any wine you buy if not brought on at embarking port? Thanks

good selection of watches on the ship and yes, you can bring the bottles of wine or booze back on ship and they will keep it for you until it is time to disembark.

Things a little bit different on a European cruise when it comes to port shopping. Unlike the Caribbean where you may see a lot of "duty-free" items, in the ports you'll be paying prices that include VAT, which if your purchases are above a certain amount, you can apply for a refund of. If I recall, near the end of the cruise, a representative is on board to process the paperwork (but this could change). SAVE YOUR RECEIPTS! Google VAT Tax Refunds for more info.

Thanks everyone - with the Wine tho, isn't it different than other alcohol? If I pay the $15 corkage fee for wine, if I purchase a bottle on shore at say the 3rd port we visit, will they let me take it back to my room to consume throughout the cruise or is that only allowed at your embarkation port? Thanks

Thanks everyone - with the Wine tho, isn't it different than other alcohol? If I pay the $15 corkage fee for wine, if I purchase a bottle on shore at say the 3rd port we visit, will they let me take it back to my room to consume throughout the cruise or is that only allowed at your embarkation port? Thanks

I am hoping that the answer for this is just pay corkage and enjoy wine onboard. We are on a 40 day cruise and hoping to pick up bottles of wine along the way, to enjoy onboard. Since it is allowed on embarkation , probably the only liquid that is, I would think at ports, same rules apply. Fingers crossed

Yes you can bring on wine, pay the corkage and enjoy whilst sailing the Baltic from any port. Its not just for embarkation. :D

Cheers (or as they say in Germany Zum Wohl!