Disembarkation Summit Bayonne question...

MeMe4A&J

We are thinking of using Celebrity transfer to EWR and flight time is 12:45, does this seem appropriate time to disembark, retrieve baggage, customs, Celebrity transfer and get thru security? (We are flying First Class so we should be in shorter security lines.) I understand security can be long at Newark...

Thank you for any suggestions...:)

This past Sunday the transfer passengers got off pretty early. I was one of the last off and was in my car by 10:15.

If it all goes well you would be fine, especially if you are doing the 1st class/pre-check security lines. You just have to consider the "what if' factor of the ship getting in late, customs having issues etc.

We are thinking of using Celebrity transfer to EWR and flight time is 12:45, does this seem appropriate time to disembark, retrieve baggage, customs, Celebrity transfer and get thru security? (We are flying First Class so we should be in shorter security lines.) I understand security can be long at Newark...

Thank you for any suggestions...:)

This should be no problem.

We've flown out of EWR several times this year and TSA lines haven't been a problem. Terminal C is always the most congested. Never hurts to have TSA-pre though.

Thank you...and we do have TSA pre-check. Wondering if it would be faster to have a private transportation vs Celebrity transfer, any thoughts?

This past Sunday the transfer passengers got off pretty early. I was one of the last off and was in my car by 10:15.

If it all goes well you would be fine, especially if you are doing the 1st class/pre-check security lines. You just have to consider the "what if' factor of the ship getting in late, customs having issues etc.

Thank you. I really thought a 12:45pm flight would be plenty of time...now I am a bit worried that it might be a bit tight.

Is there still an option of walking your bags off earlier?

I would rather arrive very early at airport than be worried of the "what ifs". :o

Thank you. I really thought a 12:45pm flight would be plenty of time...now I am a bit worried that it might be a bit tight.

I would rather arrive very early at airport than be worried of the "what ifs". :o

Not to worry, 12:45 is plenty of time. Remember the person you quoted said they were one of the last off the ship. Bayonne Joe who posted on this thread is sort of an expert on this port and I was a Police Officer in Essex County where the airport is located. Have also done the Bermuda run several times. Last year I did self disembarkation and was home in Pa, 170 miles away by 10AM. No problem at all.

The airport is around 15 minutes from the cruise port. Taking a taxi would be less expensive than a Celebrity transfer. If you get off at 9am, gather your luggage, and go thru customs/immigration, you should be at the airport well before 10am.

Sure can,

We did Summit last year, and skipped the formal attire and lots of other unnecessary clothes, so keep the luggage to a minimum and you will have no problem being first off.

My friends did walk off and got in their car by 8:10AM so it is very doable. I see the "what ifs" as bad weather, ship issues, customs. Of course if that happens then people with 6 o'clock flights can have issues also. If things go as smoothly as they did this past Sunday then you will be there in more than enough time

The airport is around 15 minutes from the cruise port. Taking a taxi would be less expensive than a Celebrity transfer. If you get off at 9am, gather your luggage, and go thru customs/immigration, you should be at the airport well before 10am.

Thank you...perfect!

Not to worry, 12:45 is plenty of time. Remember the person you quoted said they were one of the last off the ship. Bayonne Joe who posted on this thread is sort of an expert on this port and I was a Police Officer in Essex County where the airport is located. Have also done the Bermuda run several times. Last year I did self disembarkation and was home in Pa, 170 miles away by 10AM. No problem at all.

Thank you Don!

We got in line in the rendezvous lounge at 8:15 cleared customs by 8:30.

Summit was a bit late getting in, 7:30 or so for final tie up.

It was the smoothest disembarkation ever from ship to car.

For what it is worth, we disembarked Summit at Cape Liberty on July 7. Our son convinced us to try Uber so we did since our flght from Newark was not until 1:20 PM. We disembarked near the start and after getting our luggage went out and found a seat near zone 5 (one of the embarking zones). No crowd. I went to the Uber app and followed directions. Had a driver assigned quickly, showed up 15 minutes later (got a Uber xl) in a Honda Pilot. Then off to the airport. Total cost - ~$31.50. But - have AMEX Platinum and get $15 Uber credit every month. So trip for us was $16.50. No bus crowd, no waiting. And Celebrity wanted I think $28-30 per person for transfer to Newark Airport. So saved money, less hassle, and no stress. Anyway, worked for us great.