Trip Report from a first time Celebrity passenger

kelib

True enough that there were some toiletries that I would remember after I got in the shower so I always found the dispenser convenient. Luckily I brought my own stuff since what we got since there was not enough for 3 woman to share.

Thanks for the clarification. When I read your post that you "just got through the week with the week with what I brought" statement I thought you meant that there were no toiletries provided by Celebrity in the stateroom. As others have already posted stateroom attendants replenish what you use, and there is generally a reserve set.

Loved your cruise report...detailed and easy to read. I have done just one cruise with Celebrity (a TransAtlantic) on the Eclipse in April this year as a solo and in a balcony. I didn't need that much room in my cabin as I spent most of my time around the ship but when I travel solo the next time, I will be looking to book an inside cabin. So it was very informative that 3 people could fit in an inside cabin...which to me would be more than sufficient room for just solo me.

You are also very correct in advising cruisers to look around the ship early and know your favourite spots. It was only on the last day of the Eclipse cruise that I realized they had a beautiful lawn (I think for golfers) on the top deck...with real grass! And there were many other spots that were stunningly beautiful and quiet and relaxing, like the library and the deck that the gym and spa was on (sorry don't remember what it was called).

Thanks for the well balanced report, just too bad you did not get to enjoy Bermuda as much as you could.....it just means a reason to cruise back there again.

Loved your cruise report...detailed and easy to read. I have done just one cruise with Celebrity (a TransAtlantic) on the Eclipse in April this year as a solo and in a balcony. I didn't need that much room in my cabin as I spent most of my time around the ship but when I travel solo the next time, I will be looking to book an inside cabin. So it was very informative that 3 people could fit in an inside cabin...which to me would be more than sufficient room for just solo me.

You are also very correct in advising cruisers to look around the ship early and know your favourite spots. It was only on the last day of the Eclipse cruise that I realized they had a beautiful lawn (I think for golfers) on the top deck...with real grass! And there were many other spots that were stunningly beautiful and quiet and relaxing, like the library and the deck that the gym and spa was on (sorry don't remember what it was called).

Thanks for the well balanced report, just too bad you did not get to enjoy Bermuda as much as you could.....it just means a reason to cruise back there again.

Inside cabins in my experience are same size as outside/ balcony just no view or perks well on celebrity not sure about all lines. Last time I felt had a really large inside, comparably to if not larger than cabin space on concierge cabin. Just depends if you like to see the outside world.

Great review! As a solo, I normally end up in an inside or oceanview (first balcony in just over a month from now!) and I agree that there are plenty of spaces outside the cabin to enjoy.

Never been to a solo meet-up on board, just head to the martini bar and usually find my people of all party sizes there. :) I've alternated between anytime dining and asking to be seated with others and fixed dining. Most dining companions have been delightful either way.

Thanks for your honest review- it was great fun to read!

How do you know? Most people prefer to slam their cabin doors which is unnecessary.

I have no problem with the crew pushing meals and beverage packages . They are told to and I ignore them. The second they start I stop them. We never make eye contact with those set up with tables for their sales pitches. It works.

We sail inside depending on the price and cruise is always wonderful

Celebrity does not cater to door slamming corridor yelling 'people'

Our daughter had an inside cabin across from our balcony and it felt roomier. She had her 8'year old with her and they had plenty of room. I think it was the same Square footage as ours, just no balcony. Much cheaper also.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sorry, for the delays... There is one character there that sings his heart out as he goes around with the coffee. brings a smile to everyone's face. One funny story was one morning he was standing right behind us and started belting out the Jamaica National Anthem. Who knew that the Jamaica National Anthem had so many verses, everyone would start to applaud and he was on to the next. What made it awkward for me was out of respect I didn't eat or carry on a conversation with my table mates... and the one line just kept running in my head all day :')

That's Donovan! He is awesome, and spreads his joy everywhere!