Mr Sanchos vs Nachi Cocom: People Who Have Been There Recently.. Pros & Cons of both

sabri

WOW.... This is all so hard to believe.

Nachi openly presents themselves as a quieter experience.

Is it Fall Break right now... the repeat of Spring Break?

(schools here are on break this next week)

I am hoping that the slow week between Thanksgiving and Christmas Holidays will be a good week to be there.

Nachi really needs to get a handle on this!

I also wonder why have these groups come here, instead of the other 'Party' beach clubs?

Nachi needs a very specific and well represented and enforced policy - NO GROUP EVENTS

It was quiet and relaxing when we were there this past May. We're booked for the week after Thanksgiving and hoping we have the same environment. Might have to find another place for Feb if it's loud loud loud.

We enjoy traveling in May, before schools are out and the high Summer season starts... Have had great luck with this!

We might be at Cozumel, after Thanksgiving, early December, and hope for the same!!!

But, all it takes is one 'group'.

You never know until you go!!!!

PS: I am looking forward to a beach day at Nachi Cocoom. It seems that the same people have taken pride in running their establishment for a long time now. I am going to try not to make any big assumptions or worry about any few isolated incidents. And, I say this knowing that I would NOT choose to visit several other places in the Cancun Mexico area.

Now that Cozumel has SO many more cruise visitors, I know that we would enjoy this way more than a super packed party beach club.

I just wanted to post what I thought of Mr. Sanchos. I was there last Month, mid-September while on a cruise.

I did not care for it. We went with a group of six from our cruise ship. At first, it seemed fine. Someone took our picture as we entered, which I assumed would be for sale to us later. We paid and were shown to some seats at a table with an umbrella. So far, so good. A young man (don't recall the name) came over, identified himself and said he would be taking care of us for the day. He took an order of drinks for us all. We sat and talked with our drinks. Then, one by one, people came by with various items or shows for tips. We saw no less than: an iguana with a diaper. A mariachi band. A parrot or some other kind of bird. A salesperson for a massage. Salesperson for the fish pedicure. Bracelets for sale. Other jewelry for sale. The band started playing and we didn't ask them to, They stood there and said "we work for tips". Well, we didn't summon you over. We told them we would catch up with them later. They said they were leaving in 10 minutes. It was pathetic. I am not usually bothered, but this was ridiculous. I figured it we paid 55 per person for a private beach, then it should be private. If I wanted a massage or braids, I would go inquire with them.

Finally we decided to leave the table and thought we would be safe in one of the pools. My husband and I were having a nice conversation in the pool and a woman popped her head through the foilage at the side. She said she had our picture and would sell it to us for xx amount (don't remember the price). OMG. She went on to tell us that she had an hour bus ride to get there and back. I'm sorry, I still don't want the picture. We are enjoying ourselves in the pool. Went to the restroom and there is a tip jar there too (which, by the way, have seen at many places in the Caribbean, have been on 19 cruises).

I will say that this was a very light day in port and the place was not crowded. So maybe these people just bothered us more than normal as there were not as many people there. It was not an enjoyable day for me.

The drinks - I started drinking Sol. It was not draft, not even a single can or bottle. I watch the bartender pour it from a larger bottle into a cup. It tasted watered down. I start on Margaritas. The bartender in the pool was very good as he kept refilling my margarita for me, but I must say they couldn't have been full strength. There would have been no way that I could have been vertical after 12 margaritas and 2 beers.

We had the buffet food for lunch and it was mediocre, while we were sitting at that location a group of 3 or 4 men came by with accordian or similar instruments. We told them no thank you and they moved on.

Like I said, I am well aware of the people of the islands and their livelihoods but this was overkill and not a great day for me. I will not be returning to Mr. Sanchos. I don't think I will give Nachi Cocum a try either. Might stick with Paradise Beach if I want a beach day, or even Money Bar. YMMV.

I just wanted to post what I thought of Mr. Sanchos. I was there last Month, mid-September while on a cruise.

I did not care for it. We went with a group of six from our cruise ship. At first, it seemed fine. Someone took our picture as we entered, which I assumed would be for sale to us later. We paid and were shown to some seats at a table with an umbrella. So far, so good. A young man (don't recall the name) came over, identified himself and said he would be taking care of us for the day. He took an order of drinks for us all. We sat and talked with our drinks. Then, one by one, people came by with various items or shows for tips. We saw no less than: an iguana with a diaper. A mariachi band. A parrot or some other kind of bird. A salesperson for a massage. Salesperson for the fish pedicure. Bracelets for sale. Other jewelry for sale. The band started playing and we didn't ask them to, They stood there and said "we work for tips". Well, we didn't summon you over. We told them we would catch up with them later. They said they were leaving in 10 minutes. It was pathetic. I am not usually bothered, but this was ridiculous. I figured it we paid 55 per person for a private beach, then it should be private. If I wanted a massage or braids, I would go inquire with them.

Finally we decided to leave the table and thought we would be safe in one of the pools. My husband and I were having a nice conversation in the pool and a woman popped her head through the foilage at the side. She said she had our picture and would sell it to us for xx amount (don't remember the price). OMG. She went on to tell us that she had an hour bus ride to get there and back. I'm sorry, I still don't want the picture. We are enjoying ourselves in the pool. Went to the restroom and there is a tip jar there too (which, by the way, have seen at many places in the Caribbean, have been on 19 cruises).

I will say that this was a very light day in port and the place was not crowded. So maybe these people just bothered us more than normal as there were not as many people there. It was not an enjoyable day for me.

The drinks - I started drinking Sol. It was not draft, not even a single can or bottle. I watch the bartender pour it from a larger bottle into a cup. It tasted watered down. I start on Margaritas. The bartender in the pool was very good as he kept refilling my margarita for me, but I must say they couldn't have been full strength. There would have been no way that I could have been vertical after 12 margaritas and 2 beers.

We had the buffet food for lunch and it was mediocre, while we were sitting at that location a group of 3 or 4 men came by with accordian or similar instruments. We told them no thank you and they moved on.

Like I said, I am well aware of the people of the islands and their livelihoods but this was overkill and not a great day for me. I will not be returning to Mr. Sanchos. I don't think I will give Nachi Cocum a try either. Might stick with Paradise Beach if I want a beach day, or even Money Bar. YMMV.

Please tell me this is not the case at Nachi.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My experiences at Sanchos have not been this bad, and my daughters love the atmosphere and water toys. Our experiences at Nachi have been consistently great - quiet, relaxing, with good food, drinks and service.

My experiences at Sanchos have not been this bad, and my daughters love the atmosphere and water toys. Our experiences at Nachi have been consistently great - quiet, relaxing, with good food, drinks and service.

Well, you are lucky if you did not have that experience at Mr. Sanchos. Maybe it was just a bad day when we went.

I hope you always have nice experiences if you return there.

While I have never been to Nachi, our friends did go and said they had a nice time.

We were at Nachi Cocom this past week and were very disappointed. We have been to Cozumel many times and have two places that we alternate going to but we wanted to try something new, so based on reviews we chose Nachi. We were led to believe that it was a quiet, relaxing place with a limited number of people and very few kids. It was certainly not the place we thought it would be! It was very crowded, many over the supposed 130 limit and tons of kids. We tried to use the pool but gave up because of the number of kids in it, the swim up bar was inaccessible because the kids were all over it. The service was the worst part, trying to get food was a joke. We waited an hour and a half from the time we ordered our main dish to the time we received it and that was after waiting an hour for appetizers. We gave up on getting any of the other courses that are supposed to be included. The quality of the food was just plain bad, microwaved quesadilla, guacamole with no chips, I live in New Mexico, I eat Mexican food just about every day, this was just plain bad. Getting a drink was just as slow but at least we could go up to the bar ourselves. We finally gave up, packed our stuff up and left. To me the whole proprty looks run down and tired. I won't go back again and I would not recommend it to anyone.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Forums mobile app

We were at Nachi Cocom this past week and were very disappointed. We have been to Cozumel many times and have two places that we alternate going to but we wanted to try something new, so based on reviews we chose Nachi. We were led to believe that it was a quiet, relaxing place with a limited number of people and very few kids. It was certainly not the place we thought it would be! It was very crowded, many over the supposed 130 limit and tons of kids. We tried to use the pool but gave up because of the number of kids in it, the swim up bar was inaccessible because the kids were all over it. The service was the worst part, trying to get food was a joke. We waited an hour and a half from the time we ordered our main dish to the time we received it and that was after waiting an hour for appetizers. We gave up on getting any of the other courses that are supposed to be included. The quality of the food was just plain bad, microwaved quesadilla, guacamole with no chips, I live in New Mexico, I eat Mexican food just about every day, this was just plain bad. Getting a drink was just as slow but at least we could go up to the bar ourselves. We finally gave up, packed our stuff up and left. To me the whole proprty looks run down and tired. I won't go back again and I would not recommend it to anyone.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Forums mobile app

Sorry to hear this. We were there this past May and there might have been five kids total. Great service and the food was okay, not the best but not the worse I've had. We'll be there next month again, so hopefully I have the same experience as last time and not the experience you went through. I guess we'll soon find out. :-)

I mean I went to Mr. Sanchos back in May 2016 and did the VIP Romance package for $200. I really enjoyed it. Included a daybed cabana and 2 30 minute massages. Worth the money for sure.

Tamarind margaritas and ordering food off the menu made it a great day. Definitely a place that is more suited for families and young adults over Nachi which seems catered to peace and quiet for adults.

That being said On my next visit I will likely do something else. Thats not a knock on Sanchos but Cozumel has quite a bit of things to do and see.

I mean I went to Mr. Sanchos back in May 2016 and did the VIP Romance package for $200. I really enjoyed it. Included a daybed cabana and 2 30 minute massages. Worth the money for sure.

Tamarind margaritas and ordering food off the menu made it a great day. Definitely a place that is more suited for families and young adults over Nachi which seems catered to peace and quiet for adults.

That being said On my next visit I will likely do something else. Thats not a knock on Sanchos but Cozumel has quite a bit of things to do and see.

Over the twenty plus times we'll been there, it's only been Paradise Beach or Nachi for us. Next month's visit to Nachi will probably decide what we do in Feb '18 and beyond. A nice beach and adult beverages are always on my wish list!! :-)

We were there a couple of weeks ago. We really enjoyed it. It was not crowded at all and the service was not bad. We enjoyed ordering off of the menu. The food was pretty good, drinks were about average. I think we'd go back again, because we enjoy just a quiet time at the beach. There's not a lot for kids to do.

Please tell me this is not the case at Nachi.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is not the case at Nachi - at least not to this extent. You'll have your picture taken, and they'll offer the photo for purchase upon departure. A gentleman will come by and offer a snorkeling excursion, and possibly a gentleman will come by offering Cuban cigars. That was it for us over the span of 5 or 6 hours. Once you say no, they'll leave you alone. On a side note, hubs took the snorkeling trip last month and really enjoyed it.