Xcelerate Unlimited Internet Wi-Fi Plan questions.

Fruitcake1107

Hello,

Does anyone have any first hand knowledge on the Celebrity Cruise's Xcelerate Internet Wi-Fi Plan?

If so, I have a couple of questions:

1. The price they currently show says *From $224 for Unlimited but then nothing after that. So the price is *From $224 to WHAT??? If it's UNLIMITED then I don't understand the "From".

2. It says the price is *Per Person which I understand but I will be traveling with 2 devices, an iPhone AND an iPad and I want to be able to use both. So if I purchase this plan is it specific to only one device or is it an account that I can sign into on any of my devices?

3. How is the speed and connection?

Thanks to those who reply.

Peggy

Actually, if you try to log in from a different device while another one is still logged on, you will get a message informing you that you're logged on with a different device and do you want to disconnect that device.

As for speed and connection, it varies depending on how many people are trying to log on and where you are located. For example, in the fjords of Norway, there is no connection. It's done via satellite and will not be the same as your broadband connection at home.

Thank you so MUCH!
Another thing to consider is that they usually offer a deal a few days into the cruise. I paid $99 for 150 minutes a few days into my 10 day cruise last fall.

Be aware that it can be slow, and the sign in and out process can take a few minutes. But may be enough if you are just checking in on the kids once a day!

Sent from my K010 using Tapatalk

Another thing to consider is that they usually offer a deal a few days into the cruise. I paid $99 for 150 minutes a few days into my 10 day cruise last fall.

Are you sure that they still offer a package of minutes during a cruise?

This year they eliminated all minute packages pre-cruise and when you board. Instead, only unlimited use packages (at about $32/day for a 7-day cruise if purchased for the entire cruise pre-cruise and $35.57/day if purchased on board) are offered.

Around mid-cruise, they offer a special for the remainder of the cruise. I like that option as for the first couple of days, it was rather difficult to get a quality connection as so many people were logging on. Once you come to your first port, the service is much faster. However, it is slow compared to our high speed Internet at home. Service can also be spotty depending on where you are.

They did offer a plan by the hour. I have concerns over that plan as the minutes tick off rather quickly due to the slowness of connecting.

Are you sure that they still offer a package of minutes during a cruise?

This year they eliminated all minute packages pre-cruise and when you board. Instead, only unlimited use packages (at about $32/day for a 7-day cruise if purchased for the entire cruise pre-cruise and $35.57/day if purchased on board) are offered.

The $99 plan was not mentioned on the web site. I read about it here and asked onboard. I think it was day 3 when it became available. It was mentioned in the daily the night before too.

Maybe someone onboard currently can weigh in?

Sent from my K010 using Tapatalk