Entertainment on Coral Princess Questions

Delta Dear

Doing the Panama Canal 10 day in Nov. 2017. on the Coral Princess. First Princess cruise for us. I know production shows don't change very often. What are the shows now and will they likely be the ones still playing in Nov.?

Will we find some venues that feature some jazz and easy listening smooth music some evenings ? Looking forward to a new line. Thanks for your responses.

The one show that is unique to the Coral is "On the Bayou".

Don't miss it!

Agreed. Love that show on Coral. We actually saw it on Island too after the total hack job. They did it in the Princess theater and it was ... reasonably good... but not like it is on Coral where they still have the Universe Theater. Coral is probably my favorite ship (at least so far) and On The Bayou my favorite Princess show (again, so far). If you are sailing Coral Princess and don't give this show a try then you are missing your only chance to see it (or at least to see it done right).

On a 15 day transit, how many times is it shown? I'm assuming there will be two seatings on a specified night but more than just the one night?

On an Alaska cruise when it was still in the Universe Lounge, it was shown one evening with three shows.

Doing the Panama Canal 10 day in Nov. 2017. on the Coral Princess. First Princess cruise for us. I know production shows don't change very often. What are the shows now and will they likely be the ones still playing in Nov.?

Will we find some venues that feature some jazz and easy listening smooth music some evenings ? Looking forward to a new line. Thanks for your responses.

You will find live music all over the ship in Explorer's lounge, Wheelhouse Bar and Crooner's Bar. There is normally a party band, a easy listening ballroom dance group, and maybe a Caribbean group. The Princess Orchestra also plays sets in various locations. They may have a jazz set or big band set. Crooner's is a later evening piano player/singer. The lounge is very popular.

Can anyone tell who the current bands/entertainers are on the Coral?

It has been quite a while since we sailed. The main band onboard, the second band with the Latin singer were excellent, especially when she sang her Latin rhythms. And, of course the Princess band was good.

On The Bayou was good! The tall black guy in the lead was excellent. (better than the women)....

Loved it except that they have shortened the show to really skip a lot of the story line... while keeping needlessly long arrangements of a few of the musical pieces. Really enjoyed exiting the theater at the end!