re meat pies

Just now, Blackduck59 said:

Okay add chiko roll to my list of things to try. The picture kinda looks like a crisp meat burrito.

Mostly cabbage inside Lyle, but tasty, put plenty of salt on them and eat from the bag and you will be back in retroville.

17 hours ago, Docker123 said:

I went into a nice little cafe down the road yesterday. They had vegan, veggie pies.

I felt healthy just looking at them.

Bought one of their homemade sausage rolls.  

I am so glad you did not mention that horror word, Quiche.'   Not for real men, as the saying goes, trying to be polite.

6 minutes ago, possum52 said:

This what they look like inside Lyle.

Chiko Rolls | Product | Simplot Foodservice

Yep, got the cabbage, green beans and carrots, you need to fry them really well and crisp, otherwise too gooey inside.  The Greek takeaways in Sydney also offered chicken salt on them, that was tasty.

Edited by NSWP

8 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I am so glad you did not mention that horror word, Quiche.'   Not for real men, as the saying goes, trying to be polite.

Real men don;t eat  quiche, but I sure does love a bacon and egg pie.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, NSWP said:

Yep, got the cabbage, peas and carrots, you need to fry them really well and crisp, otherwise too gooey inside.  The Greek takeaways in Sydney also offered chicken salt on them, that was tasty.

Yeah don’t mind chicken salt. First really got into them when I was driving all over the State with good old Pixi Photos, so easy to eat while driving.

• Like 1

Okay, I just went over the Aussie food list and we have quite a few of them here. After reading the description for the chiko roll I will change my analogy to crispy spring roll. Do you use plum sauce on that?

Now I have to make sure that this is all related to pies, I wouldn't want to hijack this important topic by discussing other things😉

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

Yep, got the cabbage, peas and carrots, you need to fry them really well and crisp, otherwise too gooey inside.  The Greek takeaways in Sydney also offered chicken salt on them, that was tasty.

Australia's dim sim without meat.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Okay, I just went over the Aussie food list and we have quite a few of them here. After reading the description for the chiko roll I will change my analogy to crispy spring roll. Do you use plum sauce on that?

Now I have to make sure that this is all related to pies, I wouldn't want to hijack this important topic by discussing other things😉

You could have plum sauce or sweet and sour sauce, but you won't get those at a takeaway.  You could go to a chinese restaurant, have spring rolls and request the plum and sweet and sour sauces or chilli sauce even.

Edited by NSWP

26 minutes ago, possum52 said:

will_holding_chiko.jpg?itok=D-tIeA_R&mtime=1509508696

As Mr GUT said, another Aussie delicacy/invention. Many years since I've had one, but what I remember very tasty.

Leigh

That is a big one Leigh, giant size Victorian Chiko Roll.   Food of Champions.

1 minute ago, Blackduck59 said:

Yes sauerkraut wonderful stuff, I find the Reuben Sangy. I was in a German dance group when I was much younger and they would saute the kraut with onions and bacon and ad just a touch of sugar.

Did you wear the Lederhosen?

13 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Have tomato sauce to dip my chiko in at home, just salt, maybe vinegar, when on the road. 

9 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Yes sauerkraut wonderful stuff, I find the Reuben Sangy. I was in a German dance group when I was much younger and they would saute the kraut with onions and bacon and ad just a touch of sugar.

Apart from a rare find in a capital city German restaurant, the only place you will find sauerkraut here is in a supermarket jar and it tells you to eat it within 3 to 5 days, too much.

th (1).jpg

Edited by NSWP