NCL Escape. FYI

philsr1939

DO NOT BOOK Room # 9166 or 9168.Both are Balcony rooms. There is a Restaurant/Bar directly under these rooms with a band that plays until 11:30 every night. Very loud. Also there is a canopy over the restaurant that juts out about 6 feet,so you cant see directly down at the water.

Wow! Thank you so much! I usually check above and below but I must have missed this. We are in 9126 in our upcoming cruise so I'll check to see where we are in relation to this. I once had a cruise balcony ruined on a different ship when our room was directly above a Promenade deck and they did BBQ's on Sea days. Between the smoky BBQ and the hot tub below it was loud and smoky

Thanks to the OP poster for putting this out for others. No thanks to the rude people of "should have checked blah, blah, blah." Some people aren't professional cruisers. Some people aren't OCD planners. I have a trip in October, and honestly I have no idea what is above or below me. Hopefully I am ok. Sheesh people!

Thanks to the OP poster for putting this out for others. No thanks to the rude people of "should have checked blah, blah, blah." Some people aren't professional cruisers. Some people aren't OCD planners. I have a trip in October, and honestly I have no idea what is above or below me. Hopefully I am ok. Sheesh people!

It is the "I honestly have no idea... hope I'm ok" cruisers who come back and squack (complain) the loudest.

What is a professional cruiser?

That being said, a lot of people take guarantees and do not get a choice. And I imagine some people stay out past midnight anyway would not care.

Me? I like to pick my own room between pax floors. And luckily I either found out about or figured it out before my first criuse.

But yeah, no reason for anyone to be rude.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks to the OP poster for putting this out for others. No thanks to the rude people of "should have checked blah, blah, blah."

Maybe the "...should have checked..." people are actually giving good advise to everyone reading the thread?

Some people aren't OCD planners. I have a trip in October, and honestly I have no idea what is above or below me. Hopefully I am ok. Sheesh people!

If people don't plan, who is to blame for them being in a stateroom directly above a bar/restaurant?

If you "have no idea...", whom will you blame if you made a bad choice?

Reading a deck-plan is not difficult. If someone is on a deck that is directly above half a dozen bars and half a dozen restaurants, hearing sound after 11:30pm should be expected.

My point was OP didn't come on bashing NCL. They didn't come on saying how NCL ruined their vacation. They didn't come on and say they will NEVER use NCL again for being above the bar. It was like, "Hey, don't reserve these rooms." So telling OP afterwards they should have checked the plan, should have researched, etc. is kind of silly. Why even post? Why not just read, shake your head at what you take as a silly mistake and move on? This site is just so annoying with the CONSTANT criticism. Because of this post, I went and checked, and I am good. But experienced cruisers would have already known that by the level I am on. But I don't know the ship's floor plan, where EVERYTHING is, and don't care to. I will see it when I am there.

My point was OP didn't come on bashing NCL. They didn't come on saying how NCL ruined their vacation. They didn't come on and say they will NEVER use NCL again for being above the bar. It was like, "Hey, don't reserve these rooms." So telling OP afterwards they should have checked the plan, should have researched, etc. is kind of silly. Why even post?

So that others won't make the same mistake. Telling the OP what the OP should have done is also a warning to others to not make the same mistake that the OP made.

Why not just read, shake your head at what you take as a silly mistake and move on?

That wouldn't help anyone.

Venting just for the sake of venting doesn't help anyone, either.

Why ask others to just read, shake their head, and move on when you aren't willing to do the same?:rolleyes:

This site is just so annoying with the CONSTANT criticism.

Telling people that they should check isn't criticism...it's actually solid advise.

But I don't know the ship's floor plan, where EVERYTHING is, and don't care to. I will see it when I am there.

Nobody has to know where everything is. If someone would like quiet by 11:30pm, they should know what is above or below their intended sleeping area. If someone wants to sleep late, they should check, also.

Telling others to check is one thing, telling the OP that the OP should have checked after the fact is silly and not necessary.

Without telling the OP what the OP should have done, how would the OP know what to do next cruise?

"You should have checked the deck-plans" and "Next time, you should check the deck-plans" convey the same message.

And, "I bet you will never do that again, it only takes one bad experience." No ****. I am sure OP will now check deck plans.

...thanks (in part) to the posters who gave the advise to do exactly that.

Really? You really think the original poster wouldn't check from now on just because of the actual experience? Do you really think that the comments on this thread is really going to be the reason that the original poster will now check deck plans in the future? Get your head out of your ass.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Forums mobile app

Telling others to check is one thing, telling the OP that the OP should have checked after the fact is silly and not necessary. And, "I bet you will never do that again, it only takes one bad experience." No ****. I am sure OP will now check deck plans.

And the response should have been?: "Yes, you're right, those are bad cabins. I'm sorry that NCL ripped you off by forcing you to book them." I think it's sound advice to let novice cruisers know that they should check deck plans and that they have the option to change their cabin assignments if they're outside the final payment date and they didn't book a guarantee.

Really? You really think the original poster wouldn't check from now on just because of the actual experience?

The "experience" was being above a restaurant. Some might think that being above a restaurant is no big deal.

The advice to book between staterooms (as opposed to something else such as a theater) would be helpful.

Do you really think that the comments on this thread is really going to be the reason that the original poster will now check deck plans in the future?

Only the OP can answer that, not you.

Get your head out of your ass.

Weren't YOU the one who complained about CONSTANT criticism and "rude people"?:rolleyes:

Even though the advice was correct, you've continued to complain about how the advice was worded. Calling other people rude while being rude would fall under the realm of hypocritical.

The OP is putting out a warning about a couple of rooms. The Blah Blah Blah people are pointing out that others reading the thread should think about the fact that Deck 9 on the Escape is mostly over public areas which may/may not generate noise long into the evening. The Blah Blah Blah people are helping those who are not cruise professionals and who are not OCD to think about the room they booked and now go check (like the person in room 9126) before it is to late. The Blah Blah Blah people are the one who are giving the best advice. And because of the Blah Blah Blah people, I bet you went to check what is above and below you too.

Hi Guys. This is the OP. I have been on 30 cruises and always checked the deck plans.But this cruise was booked 8 days before Departure because of our friends having some problems getting free. These two room where the only Balcony rooms left.Now i know why.Hope this info helps.Thanks

Thanks to the OP poster for putting this out for others. No thanks to the rude people of "should have checked blah, blah, blah." Some people aren't professional cruisers. Some people aren't OCD planners.

I didn't see any negative comments, thanks to my ignore list. Which means

a) it's working; and

b) it's not those posters' first time at being jerks/know-it-alls/shamers/administrator wannabes (I honestly don't know what they said) on this site