Princess Transfers

Tedferg

We will be in Rome for two days prior to 2018 April 28 Med Cruise and are arranging our own air transport. Can we still get a Princess Transfer on Sail Day ? On Princess Personalize page it says ' ---- transfers can be provided by TA '

We will be in Rome for two days prior to 2018 April 28 Med Cruise and are arranging our own air transport. Can we still get a Princess Transfer on Sail Day ? On Princess Personalize page it says ' ---- transfers can be provided by TA '

Yes you can..........

As far as I know if you do you would have to return to FCO very early and contact the Princess rep at baggage claim. They would charge the transfer to your onboard account.

Why? It's so easy to get a private transfer from anywhere in Rome to the port.

Yes your TA or Princess can add it. If you are doing a Princess transfer why wait to add it to your booking?

Thanks for both inputs. I have seen transport offers from Rome to Civitavecchia for $165 for four of us. A fellow traveler asked about Princess offerings - really not worth it if we have to return to airport. I thought Princess might have a coach on Sail Day from central Rome.

Thanks for both inputs. I have seen transport offers from Rome to Civitavecchia for $165 for four of us. A fellow traveler asked about Princess offerings - really not worth it if we have to return to airport. I thought Princess might have a coach on Sail Day from central Rome.

Princess offers this service in London from Victoria Coach Station to Southampton. However, I've never heard or read of this service in Rome to Civitavecchia.

Princess does have transfers from Princess-booked hotels in Rome to the ship. However, I don't know if you can book that transfer separately if you don't book the hotel through Princess.

I booked a pre-cruise hotel through Princess in Rome before a trans-Atlantic a couple of years ago, and the transfers from airport to hotel and from hotel to ship (including luggage handling) were handled very well. I usually book my own hotel, but in this case I found it better to book through Princess - it didn't cost much more and it was much more convenient. You will need to do your own comparison.

The Princess pre-cruise hotel included transfers and luggage handling from airport to hotel and from hotel to ship. Another thing that influenced our decision was that Princess Vacation Protection includes Princess pre-cruise hotels. For some of us older people, Princess Vacation Protection is much less expensive than third-party insurance. After figuring in the potential cost for additional travel insurance, the Princess hotel was a better deal - in this one specific case.

NavtVeteran, how did you book a hotel through Princess ? I looked on their website and see EZAir and Cruise Tours that include hotels, but do not see an option to book hotel through Princess.

You cannot book online. You need to call Princess (if you booked direct) or your travel agent (if you booked through one).

Information about what hotels they use and approximate prices are included on their website. For information about hotels in Europe, select Destinations => Europe.=> Cruisetours & Hotels. Under the information about EUROPE CRUISETOURS, there is information about CRUISE PLUS HOTEL PACKAGES. Select View Hotels and you will see three hotels listed under ROME, ITALY.

Note that the prices listed are "per person" - not "per room" as you would find on a hotel website or booking site. However, the prices include transfer from the airport to the hotel (including gratuities for luggage handling), transfer from the hotel to the ship (including gratuities for luggage handling), and taxes and fees (normally listed separately on hotel booking sites). You will see a high price for two days (including the transfers) and a much lower price for additional days (since no additional transfers are needed).

This is very interesting prices including transfer to Cruise Port are reasonable. We are looking for a location closer to Piazza Navona / Trevi Fountain. We are there for just two nights, first of which is 'jet lag day'. Therefore Princess options might not be the best. I found private transfers to Civitavecchia for $132 - 160 for four plus luggage.

Princess does have transfers from Princess-booked hotels in Rome to the ship. However, I don't know if you can book that transfer separately if you don't book the hotel through Princess.

I booked a pre-cruise hotel through Princess in Rome before a trans-Atlantic a couple of years ago, and the transfers from airport to hotel and from hotel to ship (including luggage handling) were handled very well. I usually book my own hotel, but in this case I found it better to book through Princess - it didn't cost much more and it was much more convenient. You will need to do your own comparison.

The Princess pre-cruise hotel included transfers and luggage handling from airport to hotel and from hotel to ship. Another thing that influenced our decision was that Princess Vacation Protection includes Princess pre-cruise hotels. For some of us older people, Princess Vacation Protection is much less expensive than third-party insurance. After figuring in the potential cost for additional travel insurance, the Princess hotel was a better deal - in this one specific case.

In 2013 we stayed at a Princess Arranged hotel and the bus picture med us up at the hotel. While waiting I visited with a couple who stayed at a different hotel and met the transfer at our hotel. I think there was also a pick-up at another spot downtown. Call Princess or TA and ask.

be very careful about your private rome shuttle-

first trip to rome used princess-no problems

2nd time used private and our "private" car dropped us off twice with our luggage to "wait" for another "private" car----took 3 hours to get to rome---this "private car" was through our TA (have talked to 2 other people who have had similar experiences)

3rd time was back to princess-ilraly has it's own time schedule so remember that when booking privatelly

enjoy your time there-you will love it!