Anyone done a Princess Stingray Snorkel excursion at Grand Cayman?

Wishing on a star

I am thinking that they offer a two-stop tour. GCM-850

I am wondering when it usually departs and returns.

I have tried to research, but do not seem to find any times or details.

We are looking for a tour (Princess, or independent booking) with the earliest return, as we have also never been on Seven Mile Beach. We hope to be able to check that out, even if for a short while.

Edited by Wishing on a star

We did the Princess tour in March this year. we were in GC from 7AM to 4PM ...

as I remember we stopped in Hell, turtle farm, rum cake store then sting rays....

in my opinion, Hell and rum cake store were a waste of time (it was very busy with many people for a very short stop).... the turtle farm was interesting and of course the stingray visit was the best part.

when we got back from our tour we really did not have time to do anything.... we quickly looked at a couple of booths near the ship but had to get back on board...

several years ago we did an independent catamaran tour to the stingrays... and as I remember when we returned, we did have time to walk around town and have lunch ....

so it depends on your tour and how long you are there... enjoy

Thank you!

This is one of our options!

And, might be better than being on the cruise excursion on a boat with up to 100 other guests.

I think that Captain Marvin's offers an early and shorter excursion.

But, I have seen videos where I was not happy with how their guide was handling the rays. : (

I've not been on a ship's excursion but I've gone twice now with Moby Dick (mobydicktours.com) and I'd go with them again. It is an early excursion and leaves plenty of time for Seven Mile Beach. They will even drop you off on the way back from the excursion. It does have two stops, one at Stingray City and another over the reef.

I am thinking that they offer a two-stop tour. GCM-850

I am wondering when it usually departs and returns.

I have tried to research, but do not seem to find any times or details.

We are looking for a tour (Princess, or independent booking) with the earliest return, as we have also never been on Seven Mile Beach. We hope to be able to check that out, even if for a short while.

The last time we were in Grand Cayman we took the Stingray City / Snorkel excursion offered by Princess. Although we've been to Stingray City before we found this excursion to be great. If I recall rightly it got us back in time for a late lunch. The tour consists of bus rides across the island to the dock to/from the snorkel boat (does not fit "100 guests like another post said, but maybe about 25-30. Stingrays are interesting, and guides now do the handling, allowing you to safely fell the skin. About 4 ft deep sandy area.

The second stop brought us to a reef that crosses the opening to the same bay. We've snorkeled in a lot of places and found that reef to be magical. Really nice for both coral and fish. It was one of the highlights of that particular cruise.

After that it is back to the dock, a bus ride to the pier, and then a tender ride back to the ship. The bus will drop you off at a shopping area unless you tell them you are going all the way back.

Thanks!!!!

I just looked in to Moby Dick, and think we are leaning toward a different Catamaran tour, or the Princess Tour, if I can determnie the times. (Can't access in our Personalizer this far ahread).

I am sure Moby Dick is wonderful! But, the boat looks like 'take a seat on the tour bus' kind of thing???

Not sure it it appeals to us, personally.