Social media package

Shih-tzu

I have been looking but keep finding older information (or going in loops using different search terms).

Does HAL have a "social media package" for Face Book/Messenger similar to that of the sister line Carnival? I believe I paid something like $25 or $35 for a 7 day cruise but was limited to just a few social media sites.

I have found some older posts that have pricing which is way too expensive for my requirements, and I did find one older post where they were testing it on one of the ships.

I just basically need to check into home once or twice a day to see how things are going while I'm away..... don't need internet browsing or anything like that.

I've been paying very close attention to that and I haven't seen any indication that the social media unlimited plan is coming back.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

we were told by travelers on westerdam earlier this year that they still had an all inclusive package....... has Westerdam changed back to a more expensive by the minute plan like other ships with HAL??

I was told the SAME thing. On a March 24th cruise...hoping Westerdam still has such a thing.

• 1 year later...

I just want to check it a couple of times during the entire 14 day trip. I think my best bet is to skip the social media n make a couple of quick straight ship phone calls

Edited by RBJAS
Wrong thread.

I just want to check it a couple of times during the entire 14 day trip. I think my best bet is to skip the social media n make a couple of quick straight ship phone calls����

Why not check it when you're in port at one of the many places with free wi-fi? If there's an emergency, you can always be reached by phone on the ship.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

On Zuiderdam 2 weeks ago we had choice of 3 all inclusive packages. The packages covered unlimited minute for cruise duration..it was a matter of quality of service you wanted to buy. We bought best package ...269.00 for 10 days and service was okay ..not terrific.

We were on the Westerdam 25 days Venice to FLL, in October/November 2017 and they had 3 levels of unlimited internet. On the 12 day segment from Venice to Rome, the Social Media package was around $95, the middle level which allows e-mail, banking and web browsing was $149 and the Premium package which includes streaming and VOIP phone calls like Skype was $199. The Westerdam has abandoned the by-the-minute plans, and gone to the 3 unlimited plans. It is still the same today, and the Eurodam, which we will be on next March also has the unlimited plans.

:)

Why not check it when you're in port at one of the many places with free wi-fi? If there's an emergency, you can always be reached by phone on the ship.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Good idea. Thanks.