Never understood the diff??

If you are "mr. and mrs"...the beds will be together....otherwise, they will still be together! Lol! If you want them some way they are not, simply tell your cabin attendant (or leave a note, if you don't see them), and it will be done. Not a big deal.

When you update your Onboard Preferences, what is the difference between "One Set Together" and "Together both Together" for the Room Arrangements. Both answers seem like the same thing.

I've never understood the difference either. It doesn't seem to matter what you list in your on board preferences. My theory is they leave them as they were for the last guest and will change them upon request.

When you update your Onboard Preferences, what is the difference between "One Set Together" and "Together both Together" for the Room Arrangements. Both answers seem like the same thing.

I called Royal and asked once, was told it was for the rooms with two or more beds (i.e. the larger and multiple bedroom suites) For a normal room there is no difference, for a room with multiple beds it has one bed together one bed apart (not sure how it works for the really big 3 and 4 bedroom suites)

Of course, it's really a tossup if it will actually be done when you board, but the cabin steward is always willing to change it if it isn't how you wanted it.

I called Royal and asked once, was told it was for the rooms with two or more beds (i.e. the larger and multiple bedroom suites) For a normal room there is no difference, for a room with multiple beds it has one bed together one bed apart (not sure how it works for the really big 3 and 4 bedroom suites)

Of course, it's really a tossup if it will actually be done when you board, but the cabin steward is always willing to change it if it isn't how you wanted it.

The reference you made to cabins (suites) with more than one bed is absolutely correct.

Not that any one or your cabin steward takes note of this on your reservation.

Personally I think that you were fed a line of BS by a customer service rep that didn't know the answer so they made something up.

No way I can see Royal having that option on their website for everyone to fill in when there are probably on average less than 5 cabins per ship that actually have 2 regular beds in them.

Personally I think that you were fed a line of BS by a customer service rep that didn't know the answer so they made something up.

No way I can see Royal having that option on their website for everyone to fill in when there are probably on average less than 5 cabins per ship that actually have 2 regular beds in them.

Sorry...but this has been discussed several times in the last few years and it's actually true...call and ask...regardless of how silly it may sound to you. ;)

I guess you've never met their IT department. :)