Harmony LIVE, September 16th - 23rd, 2017 - Our Cruise Wedding

christa4

Christa4, This is a strange story, our 60th was on June 30th & for my gift to my wife was the cruise & for her gift to me was a cruise in Jan. So you see after 60 years with each other we still think the same. We will be in cabin 9290 in case you need any advise on to last so damn long together just one word TRUST.

george35

Christa4, This is a strange story, our 60th was on June 30th & for my gift to my wife was the cruise & for her gift to me was a cruise in Jan. So you see after 60 years with each other we still think the same. We will be in cabin 9290 in case you need any advise on to last so damn long together just one word TRUST.

george35

That's so sweet! I love that story!! Congratulations on celebrating 60 years of marriage! I hope you both have the most amazing time on this cruise. We've been together for almost 7 years so compared to 60 years of marriage, that's a drop in the bucket. Please feel free to come to our ceremony at Dazzles on Day 2 (Sunday, September 17th). The ceremony starts at 3:00pm, we are asking guests to arrive at 2:45pm. Unfortunately, I can't offer this to everyone because it's a closed event, but we are 2 guests down from what we booked for the wedding so there will be 2 extra seats. If you'd like to attend the ceremony, please let me know so I can tell the ship! <3

Great, thank you for the offer! We have 4 guests that are within about 10-15 rooms from you in both directions! Keep an eye out for a little door magnet on their doors. We thought this could help our libations filled guests in a sea of identical doors.

64f948_a506bbec8ae04e709d51df6642735f71~mv2.png

As my friends and family prepare for Hurricane Irma by putting up their hurricane shutters in South Florida, I'm boxing up some wedding goodies. Seems unfair. So I'm asking that you all keep them in your prayers during this potentially tough time! Sending lots of love their way! Also hoping Port Everglades and the Fort Lauderdale airport stay in tact. 🤞🤞🌴

8bfd43a23d95aa9230afef710171b643.jpg

69c8bf1af76ba4509fc11ae91aa4bac1.jpg

- Christa 💜

On this sailing as well and with the damage being sustained I fear all 3 stops will not be able to handle the ship. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I'm betting on a complete itinerary change.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As long as we are still going to be at sea on Day 2, I won't be too upset if our itinerary changes. Just slightly sad because I was hoping to have a private Cabana on Barefoot Beach the day after the wedding in Haiti. Do you have excursions booked?

- Christa 💜

As long as we are still going to be at sea on Day 2, I won't be too upset if our itinerary changes. Just slightly sad because I was hoping to have a private Cabana on Barefoot Beach the day after the wedding in Haiti. Do you have excursions booked?

- Christa [emoji171]

Yep in all 3 ports. Luckily they the ship so will get refunded if itinerary changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nice to see you, Andrew. All of your posts have really been helpful during this planning process for me. I especially love your Live posts - it is the reason why I decided to do a Live post of the same stateroom but from a different point of view. With regards to having a Genie and stateroom 1724, I probably won't be posting anything that you don't already know since you are a seasoned 1724 Sky Loft'er. However, I'd like to hope that I will be able to include some info about what it's like to host a group and have a special event on board! We will have a professional photographer friend with us (Crown Loft 1730) so with any luck, I will have some fun photos to post of our experiences. It should be interesting because our photographer friend is actually an "Adventure Travel & Active Lifestyle Photographer" - they don't do organized events like what we are having. We love them as people and we love their photos so it was a no-brainer to have them join us. :cool:

Krista, it sound as though you have a good handle on everything. Enjoy all the days on board, especially your wedding day. As for the live review just take your time and post them as you wish. With so many friends and family joining you, CC can wait until you return. I'm safe to say that we all would like to see a wedding pic and congratulations in advance.

Virtual hugs to the both of you on your wedding day.

Andrew

Your secret is safe with me. ;) I always loved molsonschooner's name, because it reminded me of the old beer when I was a kid.

The constable is responsible for the Schooner part of the name. The name is a combination of my dogs names. My wife named the first dog Molson, she is the beer drinker in the family. When the second dog came along we struggled coming up with a name for him. Constable and a friend came up with Schooner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The constable is responsible for the Schooner part of the name. The name is a combination of my dogs names. My wife named the first dog Molson, she is the beer drinker in the family. When the second dog came along we struggled coming up with a name for him. Constable and a friend came up with Schooner

I coined that name while standing in the beer store studying the wall of selections.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Dog pictures, please.

At my bridal shower I asked people to consider bringing dog food as a gift so I could donate it to a local shelter! I also just renewed my vehicle license plate and went with one that has a picture of a pup on it and it says Dog Friendly. I <3 dogs.

Congratulations and Happy Birthday!! Welcome to the 32 club!! I'm 32 now and turning 33 on our southern Caribbean (jewel of the seas) cruise in February.

I literally had the same wedding thought process as you're doing for your wedding so I will be following your story closely!! We are not engaged yet, but have been together 2 years and talking about the next step. I would much rather splurge on an amazing destination wedding/vacation/honeymoon experience and have incredible memories for a WEEK rather than spending it all on that ONE DAY and THEN spending more money on a honeymoon. Y'all are clever!!

We are going to be sailing (fingers crossed) on Majesty OTS on the 15th of September. Hopefully, Irma and her little friend, Jose, stay far away!!

Krista, it sound as though you have a good handle on everything. Enjoy all the days on board, especially your wedding day. As for the live review just take your time and post them as you wish. With so many friends and family joining you, CC can wait until you return. I'm safe to say that we all would like to see a wedding pic and congratulations in advance.

Virtual hugs to the both of you on your wedding day.

Andrew

Thank you! I agree, no offense to anyone here, but yes - I'd much rather host (and participate) in a beer pong tournament in our room than type up a post soooo... we will just see just how "Live" it will be. I will definitely do my best to add some pictures because that's the most exciting part for everyone to see! :cool:;p:beer-mug::ship:

Isn't Molson a Canadian beer? And aren't you from Canada? :beer-toast:

yes, Molson is a Canadian brewery. All of us, A&L, constable and I are all from Ontario Canada. My dogs are golden retrievers, my wife said when we got a golden it had to be named Molson as Molson Golden was her choice of beer for many years. It is a pretty sad time in our family as Molson passed away on Tueday

yes, Molson is a Canadian brewery. All of us, A&L, constable and I are all from Ontario Canada. My dogs are golden retrievers, my wife said when we got a golden it had to be named Molson as Molson Golden was her choice of beer for many years. It is a pretty sad time in our family as Molson passed away on Tueday

Sorry to read this. Your pup will now be running with our Lady and Phoenix.

Dog pictures, please.

At my bridal shower I asked people to consider bringing dog food as a gift so I could donate it to a local shelter! I also just renewed my vehicle license plate and went with one that has a picture of a pup on it and it says Dog Friendly. I <3 dogs.

IMG_0053.JPG.ec536967d3e0c5192cc84ef749f536ee.JPG]410568[/ATTACH]

Congratulations and Happy Birthday!! Welcome to the 32 club!! I'm 32 now and turning 33 on our southern Caribbean (jewel of the seas) cruise in February.

I literally had the same wedding thought process as you're doing for your wedding so I will be following your story closely!! We are not engaged yet, but have been together 2 years and talking about the next step. I would much rather splurge on an amazing destination wedding/vacation/honeymoon experience and have incredible memories for a WEEK rather than spending it all on that ONE DAY and THEN spending more money on a honeymoon. Y'all are clever!!

We are going to be sailing (fingers crossed) on Majesty OTS on the 15th of September. Hopefully, Irma and her little friend, Jose, stay far away!!

Thank you for the birthday wishes!! I can't wait to join you in the 32 club! Cruises seem like a fantastic way to celebrate a birthday - or any event for that matter!

For us, it is just as expensive as having a local wedding (remember, we have a Sky Loft Suite and I'm counting that in our wedding total) but instead of the 7 hours at the wedding, we are having 7 nights on a cruise. Not to mention a couple extra fun things prior to the cruise. (Assuming Fort Lauderdale still exists after Irma this weekend.)

It sounds like Fort Lauderdale is estimating their cruise port to be open on Tuesday the 12th. Their website indicates that's when Harmony of the Seas hopes to return after all of this mess passes through. Flights are already cancelled - some cancelled through Monday the 11th so keep an eye out for any flight changes. I'd like to think that your cruise should be just fine as planned. You just might have to deal with an itinerary change, which should be announced in the upcoming days. Here is the website to stay on top of updates/changes for your cruise. Good luck and be sure to come back and find out my thoughts on having a cruise wedding!!!