Harmony LIVE, September 16th - 23rd, 2017 - Our Cruise Wedding

christa4

Look at these two! I love golden's. In my experience they are such amazing dogs.

too bad I posted such a lousy picture. I was getting frustrated trying to find a picture as the curly headed little one (post 16)seems to have taken over my camera so as soon as I found one of the dogs, it got posted.

Wow this is just so special, I feel like a wedding guest and so thrilled you are sharing it with us here. Such a happy occasion to balance the angst of 2 major hurricanes. Thank you so much and many prayers and well wishes for a long and happy union!

I will be saying the same prayer you will...that Irma will not hamper your plans.:hearteyes:

That's great! I can't wait to experience it! I've heard some great things about it!!! Do you know who their Genie was? I received an email from Sebastian stating he will be ours!

We have a Giant Schnoodle and a Saint Berdoodle! Meet Lady and Wally!

0d4f637bb1610e0034a711649b09b452.jpg

- Christa 💜

OMG! your dogs are so cute and they are eating a puppuccino :)

I will be following along on your journey. Congrats on the wedding and Happy Birthday! I hope you have an amazing trip!

too bad I posted such a lousy picture. I was getting frustrated trying to find a picture as the curly headed little one (post 16)seems to have taken over my camera so as soon as I found one of the dogs, it got posted.

Isn't it funny how our special people (in my case, dogs) take over our cameras?? :D

Wow this is just so special, I feel like a wedding guest and so thrilled you are sharing it with us here. Such a happy occasion to balance the angst of 2 major hurricanes. Thank you so much and many prayers and well wishes for a long and happy union!

I will be saying the same prayer you will...that Irma will not hamper your plans.:hearteyes:

You are absolutely a (virtual) wedding guest!! Thank you! Our Best Man (fiance's brother) flew in from south of Fort Lauderdale and arrived here in Ohio last night. His lovely girlfriend is still down there with her family. I've been in close touch with her all week getting updates; talking at least every hour. She said it's already starting, they've had 2 tornados touch down this evening and 2 blocks over has been without power all evening. We hope all goes well in the next 36 hours and that everyone is safe along with the airport & cruise terminal staying in tact.

Prayers for Florida and everyone in the path of Irma!!

OMG! your dogs are so cute and they are eating a puppuccino :)

I will be following along on your journey. Congrats on the wedding and Happy Birthday! I hope you have an amazing trip!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! This was their very first puppaccino!!! Which is actually kinda hard to believe. They loved it and if you look at my Instagram page, you will see they shared it nicely. ;)

Instagram: christa4

Quick update - I just received a phone call from the hotel where we have a block of rooms in Florida prior to the cruise. They stated that they sustained damages from Hurricane Irma so they cancelled our Groups rooms. At their initial evaluation, they estimate it will take about a week to make repairs. I'll update you on the status of Plan B a little later!

Quick update - I just received a phone call from the hotel where we have a block of rooms in Florida prior to the cruise. They stated that they sustained damages from Hurricane Irma so they cancelled our Groups rooms. At their initial evaluation, they estimate it will take about a week to make repairs. I'll update you on the status of Plan B a little later!

I hate to ask, but what hotel were you to stay at?

Luckily I acted fast and booked 12 rooms at another hotel before they sold out. We have plenty of rooms for everyone and it's been really easy to switch the reservation from my name to theirs. I'll chalk this up as a win.

d7e85f9d0e934f8ab295903b14aff966.jpg

- Christa 💜

I hate to ask, but what hotel were you to stay at?

I'm happy to answer! We were booked at the Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal, Il Lugano. It was on the intracoastal waterway so I'm sure that had something to do with their flooding.

I will say, I wasn't very pleased with the lady calling, though I should cut her some slack for what she was dealing with (stupid Irma). I felt like she was belittling me. After she told me of the cancellation, I told her we have a block of rooms and asked if for some reason they were able to make the repairs prior to the date of our reservation, if our reservation would be reinstated. With a [special] tone, she said something to the idea of, 'in case you didn't know, we are experiencing an extremely large hurricane right now'. I told her that I was well aware, that I have family down the street from their hotel and that another person that lives down the street from the hotel flew to Ohio to come stay at our house to get away from the hurricane. I asked again about the possibility of their hotel reopening and she said they were having some flooding and will be closed until an undetermined time but she thought it'd be a week or so. When I got off the phone, the 4 people in the room with me were asking me why she was being so rude to me. They could hear her on the phone and heard her harsh tone. Oh well. We are all booked up at a different Residence Inn now. The cruise port location. They offer free airport transportation, which the other hotel didn't, so that's a bonus.

Now on to the next hurdle, since we had plans to go to dinner as a group of 35+ at the restaurant (Bokampers) next to the hotel, my task first thing tomorrow is to make new arrangements - if that's even possible. I'll do much better with everything once we know the overall damage that Irma caused in the Fort Lauderdale area. Time will tell.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!! Mine was a busy prep weekend. Purchased lots of supplies to go from Ohio to Fort Lauderdale with my dad in case goods are still hard to come by when we get down there. Got my hair done. Had a house guest so I was forced to brush up on my beer pong skillz. Splurged on some beauty supplies at Ulta. Picked up last minute welcome bag items and finished filling the toiletry/travel bag inserts. Started packing. Rebooked a hotel since we got booted from our other one due to hurricane Irma damage. Had an ice cream break. Watched some football. Lots of laundry. Busier days ahead! Stay tuned!!

47dc73831f7decae052ef221ff7c1ba0.jpg

15592cbf7f9a8bd0b3948f6dda6fcfd5.jpg

5f1faaada741f29c07e0f02a8073a9d0.jpg

6b8855e5cd6609011d74b257f16201c1.jpg

385cc13045d2c7d7208b2f8461cb012a.jpg

720c2be2bae2d88f754b7b7d4c66bb7b.jpg

- Christa 💜

We're going to St. Kitts? I thought the stops on our cruise weren't effected (Labadee, Jamaica, Cozumel)?

Either way, I'm just happy we are going!

So far our ship is a "go" with a little change to St. Kitts.

george35

Edited by JC5240

You are such a capable and confident young lady...does a body good!

I have no doubt your wedding will be a humongous success. Wish more people could be so positive.

You go girl!;p

Thank you!! We are soooo ready! I might have aged 5 years in the last week. I need some of the Caribbean air to rejuvenate me! ;p

Just made the vehicle switch with my dad. He gets on the road tomorrow morning for the 1,300 mile drive. He's taking my SUV so he can take more of our stuff to allow us either lighter arms flying or if we have to, room to take a checked bag for last minute items.

The new licenses plates came in today so I promptly switched out the old ones for the new monogram. CMK [emoji177]

Still on the to-do list: find a house/dog/cat sitter for 4 nights. [emoji537] [emoji190] [emoji190] [emoji192] [emoji192]

08769f0cfdfe2144305e24559f3f59c1.jpg

26abf474feaff3ec3c3a0bd3e5a31e5b.jpg

8a8b377f6972d9e696165058aa71f3fb.jpg

6603c97adac8170f8693780ca08946bd.jpg

- Christa 💜

I'm happy to answer! We were booked at the Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal, Il Lugano. It was on the intracoastal waterway so I'm sure that had something to do with their flooding.

I will say, I wasn't very pleased with the lady calling, though I should cut her some slack for what she was dealing with (stupid Irma). I felt like she was belittling me. After she told me of the cancellation, I told her we have a block of rooms and asked if for some reason they were able to make the repairs prior to the date of our reservation, if our reservation would be reinstated. With a [special] tone, she said something to the idea of, 'in case you didn't know, we are experiencing an extremely large hurricane right now'. I told her that I was well aware, that I have family down the street from their hotel and that another person that lives down the street from the hotel flew to Ohio to come stay at our house to get away from the hurricane. I asked again about the possibility of their hotel reopening and she said they were having some flooding and will be closed until an undetermined time but she thought it'd be a week or so. When I got off the phone, the 4 people in the room with me were asking me why she was being so rude to me. They could hear her on the phone and heard her harsh tone. Oh well. We are all booked up at a different Residence Inn now. The cruise port location. They offer free airport transportation, which the other hotel didn't, so that's a bonus.

Now on to the next hurdle, since we had plans to go to dinner as a group of 35+ at the restaurant (Bokampers) next to the hotel, my task first thing tomorrow is to make new arrangements - if that's even possible. I'll do much better with everything once we know the overall damage that Irma caused in the Fort Lauderdale area. Time will tell.

I just booked 2 rooms there at the same Residence Inn Cruise port. The hotel has no power as of now, and no idea when they are getting it obviously. I'm flying down tomorrow morning with my infant baby for our postponed cruise and don't want to being an infant to a bad situation with no power. Have you heard anything/.

Following looking forward to your reports and photos, we will be on the Oct 21st sailing of the Harmony.

Great! Definitely follow along, even if the information I'm providing isn't relevant, when you see my cruise photos, it will definitely excite you for your upcoming cruise! What type of room did you go with? :ship: