Harmony LIVE, September 16th - 23rd, 2017 - Our Cruise Wedding

christa4

Electric curtain buttons both down stairs by the window and upstairs by one side of the bed in the loft!

880028655ab60246ca26feff47ea038f.jpg

Room lights and no need to put your SeaPass card in to activate everything, there's a special card to do that.

6b51edc399674b13cd605bb85a58fbee.jpg

ba575773d7612c79a6b0a914238bea7b.jpg

11453c5f1dfea3df884219e74af653fd.jpg

c280b3f3e759f385fab34268065b7cb5.jpg

We also learned on the last night that this magnet is double sided. We thought we only had one magnet. It would have been nice to know we had the DND magnet earlier on... 🚫🙈🙉🙊

- Christa 💜

Since I don't have access to my pictures on my phone from anything prior to the cruise (I take too many and my phone always fills up so I had to transfer them to my external hard drive), I'm going to go to what I found to be a super great part of the cruise. Our room. I have those on my phone so I'm going to post about our room now.

Ahhh... our room... what I'd give to be able to stay in that same room on all future cruises. Our room was amazing. I really wish each one of you could experience it. The details were beautiful and well thought out. We only had a couple areas of improvement on the room.

Here are some things that we noticed, whether good or bad:

1.) People are curious. Everyone looked into our room. While we were on the balcony everyone was curious to see who was staying in that room! While I was blow drying my hair next to the bed upstairs with the curtain open, people wanted to see who was up there. It was insane, yet it didn't really bother us. We were equally creeping back at everyone.

2.) The lights were delayed. It took us longer than I'd like to admit to figure out how to turn the lights off on the first night. We didn't realize that there was a delay on the light switch buttons so we just kept pressing each of them since it didn't 'work'. We eventually realized that there was a few second delay after you turned the lights off, or pressed the "0" button. What took us about 5 minutes to figure out seemed like it took 45 minutes because we were so sleepy and just wanted to go to bed. At one point, I thought I was just going to give up and sleep with the lights on.

3.) Having 2 bathrooms in a stateroom was something I wish I could always have.

4.) We could have used a wet bar. That's one thing that I think would have been a nice addition.

5.) The upstairs curtain didn't shut all the way so if you didn't want the Flow Rider lights shining in your eyes all night, you needed to prop a pillow up against it and the window. There were plenty of pillows, 3 on each side of the bed, so this wasn't a big deal. Luckily I knew of this in advance because Andrew touched on it in one of his Live posts in the past.

6.) The TV that folds up into the ceiling in the loft didn't fold down properly. Joey had to press the button over and over and over for it to move ever so slightly. This didn't seem right. Maybe user error? Either way, we ended up leaving this down and I bumped my head on it a few times as I was blowdrying my hair up there.

7.) We discovered part way through the cruise that there was a light outside on the balcony. Oops. We had no clue.

8.) The air conditioning unit does not turn off when the balcony door is open. Apparently this is a feature in many of the suites. (Score!)

9.) There were 2 separate thermostats, one upstairs in the loft and the other downstairs. We didn't discover this right away, as we only turned one to chilly and when we came back from dinner and a show on the first night, we realized there was a second one in the loft. The AC works extremely well, even when it's 108 degrees outside.

10.) If there is a crying baby in the room next to you, you will hear it. Kelsey Grammer's child was heard daily.

Ok, time for some pictures. We didn't really prep our room for these so don't mind our stuff laying about.

My son, daughter in law and granddaughter were in this room the last week of August. They had issues with the tv in the bedroom also. Very jerky movement going up and down

My son, daughter in law and granddaughter were in this room the last week of August. They had issues with the tv in the bedroom also. Very jerky movement going up and down

That's exactly what we experienced! I forgot to tell anyone so I don't know that they are aware of the problem. Maybe when Andrew boards on Saturday he can tell them! ;)

I forgot to mention the upstairs TV and its movement. Next week I will remember the trick, but I can't now but it has to do with the order of pushing buttons on the remote. Once Seepaul showed it to me it operated in a fluid movement. The jerky sound at night almost woke Lisa, however it is smart to put it up. I wouldn't want to walk into it at night.:eek: A steward on Allure that we know needed getting stiches in her head when she hit it on the TV's steel frame.

They also added the two lavender side tables since March.

I forgot to mention the upstairs TV and its movement. Next week I will remember the trick, but I can't now but it has to do with the order of pushing buttons on the remote. Once Seepaul showed it to me it operated in a fluid movement. The jerky sound at night almost woke Lisa, however it is smart to put it up. I wouldn't want to walk into it at night.:eek: A steward on Allure that we know needed getting stiches in her head when she hit it on the TV's steel frame.

They also added the two lavender side tables since March.

Oh no! I did hit my head on it multiple times as I had my head flipped over blowdrying my hair. Never anything bad, just little brushes with it luckily. We didn't even really watch either TV. There was one night we stayed in we were so tired that we fell asleep to a movie and we watched the video on loop about what to do debarkation day.

The lavender side tables are neat. When we sat down with Sebastian (our Genie) on embarkation day to go over our plans for the week I sat Indian style on one of them as Kelsey Grammer's child was screaming next door distracting me. It was large and steady enough for me to sit comfortably with my legs crossed on it.

Oh no! I did hit my head on it multiple times as I had my head flipped over blowdrying my hair. Never anything bad, just little brushes with it luckily. We didn't even really watch either TV. There was one night we stayed in we were so tired that we fell asleep to a movie and we watched the video on loop about what to do debarkation day.

The lavender side tables are neat. When we sat down with Sebastian (our Genie) on embarkation day to go over our plans for the week I sat Indian style on one of them as Kelsey Grammer's child was screaming next door distracting me. It was large and steady enough for me to sit comfortably with my legs crossed on it.

You were very lucky. Our friend on Allure had a substantial scar. Only one night ever did we hear the neighbours and it was only because their TV was loud, and it must have been really loud. When our son is with us the TV is definitely on more than when we are solo.

Quick question about Sebastian. How was he with you regarding your email/loop requests prior to boarding. We have heard back from him once by email and once on the loop, and each time it was more than 2 days after the original messages. He responded that our requests were noted and that he looked forward to seeing us. Did he have everything accomplished for you that you had requested? Well other than the Cabana due to the storm damage.

After our previous Star Class Issues last March I am just leery. I guess I am wondering if he is a man of few words and just has everything done.

We were in this same room on the 9/2-9/12 sailing. It was outstanding. 1722 was empty for the entire sailing and we got three bonus nights with all of the Star Class perks extended as well. Sebastian was top shelf. He did get back to us via email/loop after a day or two with basically the same responses you have received. However, he was attentive, but not intrusive during our trip, had everything arranged and all of requests were met. I believe you will really enjoy his service and demeanor. He made the trip effortless and entertaining.

We were in this same room on the 9/2-9/12 sailing. It was outstanding. 1722 was empty for the entire sailing and we got three bonus nights with all of the Star Class perks extended as well. Sebastian was top shelf. He did get back to us via email/loop after a day or two with basically the same responses you have received. However, he was attentive, but not intrusive during our trip, had everything arranged and all of requests were met. I believe you will really enjoy his service and demeanor. He made the trip effortless and entertaining.

Sorcerer Tim, your answer is like magic to my ears. Thanks for sharing your experience. Sorry to read about your extended stay.;)

Sorcerer Tim, your answer is like magic to my ears. Thanks for sharing your experience. Sorry to read about your extended stay.;)

I agree with Tim. Sebastian actually didn't get back to my initial email, I had to follow up 10 days later and as a man of few words (via email), he responded with a simple email. I didn't use Loop. While on board, I did call his extension a couple times and he answered right away. I also asked Brian a couple times to get ahold of Sebastian for us, which Brian did. The team together was dynamite.

Sebastian in person is very chatty. He takes great pride in doing a great job. We didn't see him a crazy amount on the ship but everything we discussed with him on day 1 was executed perfectly. Actually, even higher than perfect. He went above and beyond. He's 34 and full of energy. He has worked in many different departments and has a good grasp on how different areas of the ship work. He's full of information and you can pick his brain as much as you'd like. His smile and energy are contagious. I honestly thought we'd see him more because I thought he needed to be around to make things happen. That wasn't the case. He did such a good job preparing for our requests that everything was flawless for us. He pushed the different departments and was able to make things happen that I don't think typically happen.

He likes cookies. He refers to the golf cart shuttles at Labadee as "Choo-choo's". And he's a perfectionist.

Christa, thanks for the very thorough response. Both your's and Tim's have helped. We already knew that Brian was "the man" and we are happy to hear that Sebastian is on point. I will have to leave him some cookies as a surprise and refer to the golf carts as choo-choos in Labadee, just to see his response.

Errands. Still not used to driving my dad's car. Every time I come out of a store I look for mine in a bit of a panic.

Dropped off my rings for their 6 month warranty inspection and am getting them soldered.

I'm also being good and parking in the distant parking spots since I walked way more on the cruise than I do on a typical day at home. There's something to say for not gaining weight during the 10 days we were gone!

f125712e7ac4ab6539a4f6f1806b00ee.jpg

d69fad3a6f3683c1a9d85633d86fdde1.jpg

- Christa 💜

We are staying in this room in January...thanks for the peek! A little distressed to hear about the noise transfer from next door (even if it was celebrity noise) there was virtually none in this same room on the OASIS. Oh well.

We are staying in this room in January...thanks for the peek! A little distressed to hear about the noise transfer from next door (even if it was celebrity noise) there was virtually none in this same room on the OASIS. Oh well.

The celeb neighbors had a lot of people in and out of their room and the only 2 things were heard were the screaming at the top of the lungs child and Kelsey singing one morning. We didn't hear any talking, laughing, TV, or anything else. Almost as if we just heard the more unusual noises. We never once heard anything from the Crown Loft on the other side of us.

Once and a while I heard a toilet flush, I think the sound came from the panel in the wall near the entrance door. I rarely noticed it.

The thing that did annoy us was the sound of the door slamming to the crew area. I think it must have been a trash or supply area. That we heard regularly during the day, never outside of daytime hours.

- Christa 💜

More room pictures!!

Not sure how we wills ever cruise again with only one bathroom. We were spoiled and this was one of our favorite conveniences! 🚿🛁

Upstairs bathroom. [Joey used this one] ⤵️

61db757b7f90d545b015ef589c08d232.jpg

4123f74c670cb7e051c4308a1145a508.jpg

Downstairs bathroom. [i used this one] ⤵️

53db0beb4cde480091a30bcb1c28d2a1.jpg

91d0a1b6acf24e5381d7bd7466b8d1b8.jpg

082c04b1dfbc05a5fa3c1031cfb34e4a.jpg

908b741a28100326d876367367523644.jpg

- Christa 💜

The steps had really fun lights to illuminate them. I found we never had them on. At night they were just too insanely bright. It'd be cool if they had a dimmer switch on them. Then we would have used them. 🔅🔆

3ef7eb16b508f1e23d1208e69cf8865e.jpg

a5d3019c6122b1f492e7426e91a65e48.jpg

51956fce95cfefd4710dd165639a4945.jpg

- Christa 💜

The bathroom products were quite nice. Part of me wanted to take them but I think they are what stripped the expensive pink color out of my hair. 💕🤷*♀️

baedb7aca97e7221f22ef3184cc4b50d.jpg

cc87d8c900c5d905197b3a4f750d0233.jpg

997a26330950ea67309aa6db1288b7f9.jpg

Ok everyone - I was OBSESSED with this espresso machine. It was the smoothest espresso I've ever DIY'd. Yum! Might have to look I to investing in one of these bad boys because it got me through those long days! I found I only went to Starbucks 3 time on the ship because I was busy drinking this stuff. ⤵️

e3674a0959473372f7c529315c271e47.jpg

6d01de80155dcff8c2e5b16070da4d4b.jpg

- Christa 💜

Ok everyone - I was OBSESSED with this espresso machine. It was the smoothest espresso I've ever DIY'd. Yum! Might have to look I to investing in one of these bad boys because it got me through those long days! I found I only went to Starbucks 3 time on the ship because I was busy drinking this stuff. ⤵️

e3674a0959473372f7c529315c271e47.jpg

- Christa

Woohoo, I have the Illy Iperespresso 2 here at home:hearteyes:. The one you had is new generation. Good to know, hope we have one in our suite in January, but not counting on it. It's only the Vision... I might bring our pods just in case. I only like the black tops or darkest grind. You could possibly get the one like mine for a really good price on the Illy website:

5tuk9w.jpg

Edited by BecciBoo

Woohoo, I have the Illy Iperespresso 2 here at home:hearteyes:. The one you had is new generation. Good to know, hope we have one in our suite in January, but not counting on it. It's only the Vision... I might bring our pods just in case. I only like the black tops or darkest grind. You could possibly get the one like mine for a really good price on the Illy website:

5tuk9w.jpg

I'm going to have to look into this!! We had a Keurig that we purchased when Joey first moved in with me years ago, then we got the Ninja Coffee Bar ($229) for a bridal shower gift from my mom so we donated the Keurig. I wanted more flexibility other than single serve pods. I'm loving the Ninja, especially having the stainless steel carafe.

I enjoy Starbucks because I like espresso so I typically get iced espresso drinks like a macchiato. After using this machine with the red lid cups, I lost my mind! The espresso was sooooo smooth. I drank it straight. I ended up having way more caffeine than I was used to so the last couple of days I've been fighting that dreaded caffeine headache because I'm only drinking one cup of coffee back home now.

My fingers are crossed that you will have one of these machines in your suite!!!! (yn) :hot-beverage:

Ok so before I even finished typing this, I had to look up this machine! It looks like the one we had is $199 on Bed Bath & Beyond. And the 21 count of Medium Roast pods is $18.99. Hmmm.... If I wasn't planning on buying hiking gear for our Alaska trip, I'd probably purchase one of these machines but for now, I think I'm going to have to just put it on the *wish list*.