Harmony LIVE, September 16th - 23rd, 2017 - Our Cruise Wedding

christa4

• 2 weeks later...
Now that we relived your pre trip and boarding twice in thorough detail,and wished you happy BIRTHDAY. What i know im interested in is your wedding, cermony,reception etc

Add to that the comment above by sayvan about the marriage not lasting???

Just wonder if these comments had anything to do with her stopping her posts. I might have if I were her....I would certainly have perceived it as criticism of my review and posts. I work full time, as does she, and most of us on these boards. We work hard to pay for our vacations and we try to give back by posting as we can without giving up our entire vacation to the internet. I hope that she comes back, when she can, to tell us about her wedding and her vacation, without fear of being criticized for duplicity. I will look forward to hearing about it!!

Edited by stretchcruz

I would say that the OP is just busy with life. Between her work, fur babies, friends, family and new hubby life can do that. She might be back and if so it will be a wonderful surprise.

FYI Christa, Sebastian and Brian say hello.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

This is an old post - but soooo informative as I plan my own wedding! Given the OP didn't have a chance to update, I took the liberty of looking her up online and, as expected, she has a public profile in which she posted some of the pictures we were missing. I am so very grateful she decided to choose what she chose to share with us - has made my planning that much easier!! Thank you Christa!!!

Hi All! I definitely fell off of the internet for quite some time. As some of you mention - life and land got the best of me. My husband used to work second shift so I had all the free time in the world after I got home from work to get lost in the digital world but he has since moved to first shift which was a huge win for us. 💜 I found that I was just spending too much time on my computer and not enough time in real life, not to mention my computer is old as dirt and normal things on a computer are taking 10x as long as they should. It took 3+ hours just to get my CruiseCritic password reset. [eye roll]

That being said - I'm slowly updating my blog with more information. Also - I drafted up a video from our wedding trip. I just posted it on YouTube, however it's not a public link. You need to have the proper link to be able to view it. So, HERE IS THE LINK to my website to check out the video if you're interested. The video is 16:33 minutes long.

The video has clips showing our room, the welcome reception in our room, some clips from different islands, some clips of the ship, some wedding video, and also some video from when we first left our house to fly down to Florida and when we gathered as a group at the hotel. You'll also see some construction on roads and at the airport as it was days following Hurricane Irma. 

A lot of things have changed since our wedding but our relationship is just as grand now as it was then! 😍💕 There have been some life events, with a new job, my grandma's passing, and my cousin who walked my mom down the aisle at our wedding has also passed. Lots of ups and downs like anyone else, but reminiscing on the wedding is bittersweet right now because my cousin isn't with us anymore and he was like my brother (I'm an only child).

To end on a fun note - we went on the same ship and same itinerary for our first anniversary. We stayed in an ocean view balcony room that time. It. Was. Awesome. It was so great going back on the same ship and having the same itinerary. Even though we didn't get to experience the same [super fabulous] perks that we did the first time, we experienced so many different things that we didn't get to do the first time around.

#WillWorkForRoyalSuiteClassPerks 😜🤩

And we have a back to back cruise coming up in August on the Navigator of the Seas. (Hubby doesn't know but I've secretly invited a handful of people to join us as a surprise for his birthday. Also, he will never make it to this post, so I don't have to worry about him finding out. 😉) We are going Aug. 16-19 and Aug. 19-23.

PS - It sincerely means a lot that so many of you are (or were) interested in our experience. I will do my best to finish the story.

• Like 2

HI once again, this is LIZ & GEORGE. You know the couple who was celabrating there 60th when you got married. We are still together & still cruising, going in SEPT1st thru the 15th on the Harmony & yes it was our 62nd gift to each other. Have a long life & a marrage like ours full of love for each other.

George & Liz

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 3/24/2019 at 11:44 AM, christa4 said:

Hi All! I definitely fell off of the internet for quite some time. As some of you mention - life and land got the best of me. My husband used to work second shift so I had all the free time in the world after I got home from work to get lost in the digital world but he has since moved to first shift which was a huge win for us. 💜 I found that I was just spending too much time on my computer and not enough time in real life, not to mention my computer is old as dirt and normal things on a computer are taking 10x as long as they should. It took 3+ hours just to get my CruiseCritic password reset. [eye roll]

That being said - I'm slowly updating my blog with more information. Also - I drafted up a video from our wedding trip. I just posted it on YouTube, however it's not a public link. You need to have the proper link to be able to view it. So, HERE IS THE LINK to my website to check out the video if you're interested. The video is 16:33 minutes long.

The video has clips showing our room, the welcome reception in our room, some clips from different islands, some clips of the ship, some wedding video, and also some video from when we first left our house to fly down to Florida and when we gathered as a group at the hotel. You'll also see some construction on roads and at the airport as it was days following Hurricane Irma. 

A lot of things have changed since our wedding but our relationship is just as grand now as it was then! 😍💕 There have been some life events, with a new job, my grandma's passing, and my cousin who walked my mom down the aisle at our wedding has also passed. Lots of ups and downs like anyone else, but reminiscing on the wedding is bittersweet right now because my cousin isn't with us anymore and he was like my brother (I'm an only child).

To end on a fun note - we went on the same ship and same itinerary for our first anniversary. We stayed in an ocean view balcony room that time. It. Was. Awesome. It was so great going back on the same ship and having the same itinerary. Even though we didn't get to experience the same [super fabulous] perks that we did the first time, we experienced so many different things that we didn't get to do the first time around.

#WillWorkForRoyalSuiteClassPerks 😜🤩

And we have a back to back cruise coming up in August on the Navigator of the Seas. (Hubby doesn't know but I've secretly invited a handful of people to join us as a surprise for his birthday. Also, he will never make it to this post, so I don't have to worry about him finding out. 😉) We are going Aug. 16-19 and Aug. 19-23.

PS - It sincerely means a lot that so many of you are (or were) interested in our experience. I will do my best to finish the story.

Christa thank you so so much for this amazing review! We are planning our Small intimate wedding on the Oasis in a Star Loft Suite and planning to actually have our symbolic ceremony ON that gigantic balcony! With a cocktail party afterward in the suite. Taking lots of inspiration from this amazing blog! Thank you!