Transfer deposit to another cruise

saraandnick

I really don't want to bother carnival with this question if it can be answered easily since they are busy with many more pressing issues.

Here is my issue: my family has a cruise booked for 4/7/18 out of Miami. The week before we planned to spend in the keys. At this point we have paid for airfare into Orlando (starting our trip there) and deposit for the cruise. We want to change plans since the keys were a major portion of our trip and it is highly unlikely that they will be rebuilt enough by then to really enjoy that area. We want to cancel the trip and schedule a different carnival cruise during same time frame but different port. Since both are carnival cruises and early on I am hoping we don't lose the deposit. I read the policy and it seems like we will only lose $50 but I am unsure.

First question: how much of the deposit will we lose?

Second: if we won't lose the deposit (minus $50) can we do the cancellation and transfer of deposit online or do we have to call carnival?

Third: if we can do the above online, how do we do it to make sure the deposit is applied to the new cruise?

Thank you in advance,

Sara

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you booked Early Saver (it sounds as though you did), you MIGHT find a sympathetic ear who will simply transfer your reservation for you, but don't count on it. Basically, you would have to cancel and rebook. You will loose $50 per person and the remaining deposit will be credited to you as a future cruise credit. You would then be required to pay the deposit on your new cruise, and they will apply the future cruise credit to the balance on that cruise (you have to tell them to do that). Some people have reported being able to use that FCC as the deposit on a new cruise if they do it all at the same time (cancelling and rebooking). Technically, it is against the fare rules, but you really won't know until you try.

I really don't want to bother carnival with this question if it can be answered easily since they are busy with many more pressing issues.

Since both are carnival cruises and early on I am hoping we don't lose the deposit. I read the policy and it seems like we will only lose $50 but I am unsure.

First question: how much of the deposit will we lose?

$50 per person

Second: if we won't lose the deposit (minus $50) can we do the cancellation and transfer of deposit online or do we have to call carnival?

Technically, you can do it online.

1) You would go online and cancel the current booking and the FCC would be generated in Carnival's system.

2) You would then go online make a NEW Carnival booking for the cruise you want and pay the new deposit requirement and get the FCC applied from the old booking to the new by using this form http://www.carnival.com/request-forms/reimbursement-form.aspx

Third: if we can do the above online, how do we do it to make sure the deposit is applied to the new cruise?

Your new confirmation will show the amount paid. It may take a day or 2 or 3 for the FCC to show up. But it will show up.Your new booking will hold, as your deposit is sufficient to hold it up to 75 days before your cruise

Thank you in advance,

Sara

Personally I would call and have them do it. There are 400 CSR agents.

• 5 years later...

I have a carnival cruise booked for September 2023 but because of a family situation might not be able to go. I do have a cruise booked for Feb 2024. Can i transfer amount paid to 2024 cruise?

41 minutes ago, rob6465 said:

I have a carnival cruise booked for September 2023 but because of a family situation might not be able to go. I do have a cruise booked for Feb 2024. Can i transfer amount paid to 2024 cruise?

It can be done, call your PVP.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rob6465 said:

If it was booked with Early Saver, you will typically have a $50 per person penalty

2 hours ago, Butterbean1000 said:

We wanted to change cruises. I called PVP and we booked with a non refundable, non transferable deposit. We would lose our deposit if we chose to change cruises.  It all depends on what kind of promo you booked under.

Right, that is why I think about the possibility of a change when I book and discuss the options with my PVP.,I have had to change three cruises over the years and my PVP took care of it.