Ft.Lauderdale airport/ Miami cruise port

toxicfairy

We are booked on the new MSC Seaside out of the Miami cruise port July, 2018. I'm a bit confused. Southwest airlines does not fly into Miami so we will fly into Ft. Lauderdale and here is when my mind starts spinning. Is it best to stay the night in Ft.Lauderdale and get a ride to Miami ? Or stay in Miami? Are there hotels in Ft.Lauderdale that will have a shuttle to the miami cruise port? If not then what hotels in Miami would have a shuttle? There will be 4 adults with 8 pc of luggage. This is our replacement cruise for the August cruise out of Houston that ended up a 5 night Hurricane Harvey hotel stay[emoji33]. So we are really hoping all goes well this time.<br />

<br />

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

If you look down the board there are many hotel and transport recommendations. You will also see the common recommendation to stay in FLL, and shuttle to the port.

No, there are no hotels providing shuttles, although some will arrange paid shuttles. But there are many shuttles recommended here.

Ft Lauderdale Embassy Suites has package deals which include a shuttle to Miami cruise port. Hampton Inn Brickell Miami has shuttles to the port for I believe $10 pp.

we are in the same boat, so to speak, for an October cruise and have opted to take a private car service from FLL to our Miami hotel. This particular service charges based on number of people. You can always Google private car service Miami to see what is available. We are using Larry's Limo and I do recall seeing that they accommodate large parties as well, but when I checked the cost for 8 people, they actually charged more than the shuttle services like SAS. The good thing about a private transport however, is that you won't have to do pickup and drop off at a bunch of different hotels. You would have a dedicated ride for just your group of eight, which can be well worth it.

We do the same, and like to stay in Miami so that there won't be any delays due to traffic on embarkation day. We like to stay right downtown near the port. Walking distance for restaurants, cvs/Walgreens, etc.

We take SAS shuttle from FLL to Miami for 15 pp, then uber from hotel to the port in the morning.

Whether you stay in Miami or Ft. Lauderdale is personal preference on two things. One do you want a longer drive to the ship on embarkation day. Or you take the drive down to Miami the day you get in.

The hotels in Downtown Miami and Brickell are all very close to the port. That is why almost none of the hotels offers shuttles. You could grab a few ubers or cabs for $8-$12. Uber is almost always cheaper than a taxi. Stayin in Miami also gives you the chance to see Maimi, especially if you're coming in earlier in the day.

We do the same, and like to stay in Miami so that there won't be any delays due to traffic on embarkation day. We like to stay right downtown near the port. Walking distance for restaurants, cvs/Walgreens, etc.

We take SAS shuttle from FLL to Miami for 15 pp, then uber from hotel to the port in the morning.

How late does the SAS shuttle run? My dad and daughter are coming in to FLL at 10:30pm. We are coming in earlier that day. We booked our hotel rooms in Miami, but if we can't find them transportation that late at night, I'm thinking we may have to change our hotel reservation to Ft. Lauderdale.

How late does the SAS shuttle run? My dad and daughter are coming in to FLL at 10:30pm. We are coming in earlier that day. We booked our hotel rooms in Miami, but if we can't find them transportation that late at night, I'm thinking we may have to change our hotel reservation to Ft. Lauderdale.

Just have them take an Uber. The shuttles don't run that late from what I know, but a shuttle would be $15/pp an so $30.00 total they can take an Uber from FLL to the Miami area for no more than $40.00 on a normal day.

If SAS isn't running, use Uber or Lyft. They will be around at that time.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

angiegal:

We have sailed from Ft. L many many times & know well that airport & cruise port area -- IN MY OPINION, since you all are arriving at different times, I highly recommend you stay in Ft. L and go to Miami the next day to get the ship. Their 10:30 PM arrival could be late; also there are many hotels are close to the Ft. L airport that offer with free shuttle from airport to the hotel.

• 5 months later...
FLL to POM is about a 40+ minute drive -- UberX will cost about $35+ www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist and hotel info.

Just to be sure an uber is about $35ish?

We are coming from Canada arriving around 10:30am

My understanding is we have to be on the ship by 2:30.

Is that enough time?

Any help would/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Just to be sure an uber is about $35ish?

We are coming from Canada arriving around 10:30am

My understanding is we have to be on the ship by 2:30.

Is that enough time?

Any help would/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Yes - Uber or Lyft fare should be about $35+ unless surge pricing is in effect - taxi on the same run will be about $70

If your flight is on time you should be okay. We never want to risk flying in the day of the cruise - too many experiences with flight delays/cancellations. :o Start praying now!

I'm flying southwest as well and sailing out of POM. I decided to stay at a hotel with a free shuttle from FFL then will pay for a shuttle the next day (sas, jiffy Jeff ) to POM. I Didnt want to pay for 2 shuttles. I got a room at La Quinta in Hollywood.

We cruised MSC two summers ago and flew into FLL and took SAS down to Miami in the afternoon and then stayed in the Miami area. We then took an Uber to the port. We had considered staying in Ft. Lauderdale because we were more familiar with the area but we decided that we would rather be in the town on the day of the cruise! Had our flights been later we would have stayed in Ft. Lauderdale and then taken SAS shuttle to the port the day of.

• 2 weeks later...
We always fly into FLL and stay at the SpringHill Suites Dania Beach. The next morning we use Jiffy Jeff Transportation for a transfer to the port of Miami..

Great customer service and friendly drivers.

Highly recommend both the hotel and shuttle service.

www.gojiffyjeff.com

Have used Jiffy Jeff. Reliable and cheap.