chrome safari not showing boards - blank page only

dexddd

Hello, Dex ... ;p It might be related to browser extensions and/or add-on for Chrome ?? Try to load webpages using the Incognito Mode (new window) to see if it make any difference ... could be your choice of default "Search" engine.

Temporary disabled all extensions & add-on, try again & re-enable them one by one to see, could be one of the anti-virus or ad-blocker, etc. (Flash doesn't run on Chrome so that's not it, maybe Java scripts ??)

Are you connected wirelessly (firewall/router ports ??) - any difference if you can connect the same device/PC or Mac hardware via hard-wiring (ethernet) ? Install a clean & fresh Firefox browsers, move/import your bookmarks, etc. and see if that helped or do anything difference.

Hi MKing - it took you long enough to show up :).

The tech support finally showed up on the glitches forum to our problem.

I had to go into "settings" "advanced settings" and clear cookies from the beginning of time.

That obviously causes other loss of things but I'm back onto chrome.

The RCCL forum also has a (short) thread about this. IslandLady posted that she DID get a response from CC Tech Support, and that she had to go into Advanced Settings in Chrome to clear the CC cookies individually.

Yes, tech support showed up today. Went to settings, advanced settings, clear cookies from beginning of time and it now works.

Thanks all.

Hi MKing - it took you long enough to show up :). The tech support finally showed up on the glitches ... had to go into "settings" "advanced settings" and clear cookies from the beginning of time ... obviously causes other loss of things but I'm back onto chrome.
Ha, LOL - was giving others a chance to come up with a solution ... now, what about Safari ?? - is that on a Mac or iPad? This is an issue on CC's end ? - they are planning a new makeover of the entire website and that's going to be fun for those less tech inclined. Or, run Tapatalk and/or Forum apps to access CC on the go. Regardless, those cookies aren't good for eating but intended to track our browsing histories & pinging the advertisers ... are you running AdBlock & Disconnect as browser extension on Chrome, give it a try. Not running Internet Explorer or Edge on Windows at all ??

Been busy on my hobby bench - prep/work on setting up 3 Dell PC's to either dual-boot or run virtual box with legacy OS since a client needed it run her dot-matrix printer for accounting & especially AP checks.

My other fallback when Windows OS are staging slowdown or protest, flip on a backup Dell running Linux OS ... don't like running Chrome with it but Firefox browser is a joy, easy to tweak & a heck less tracking = not as intrusive. A portable Linux is loaded on a 16gb USB stick, configured to pretty much run on just about anything "modern" from the last 10 to 15 years, more or less a Chromebook if the HDD or SSD failed ... going off-topic slightly.

Meanwhile, almost time to get out the rollerboard - getting closer to the 30+ days mark & got a fairly big Roll Call going on our BA run (plus, a few more checked in but probably skipping & doing the BTS tour instead, unless they work out the overlapping schedule conflict) ... gotta keep our eyes on "Maria" forecast track, as storms don't listen to the weather experts & has a mind of its own to stall, turn & do nasty things.

Ha, LOL - was giving others a chance to come up with a solution ... now, what about Safari ?? - is that on a Mac or iPad? This is an issue on CC's end ? - they are planning a new makeover of the entire website and that's going to be fun for those less tech inclined. Or, run Tapatalk and/or Forum apps to access CC on the go. Regardless, those cookies aren't good for eating but intended to track our browsing histories & pinging the advertisers ... are you running AdBlock & Disconnect as browser extension on Chrome, give it a try. Not running Internet Explorer or Edge on Windows at all ??

Been busy on my hobby bench - prep/work on setting up 3 Dell PC's to either dual-boot or run virtual box with legacy OS since a client needed it run her dot-matrix printer for accounting & especially AP checks.

My other fallback when Windows OS are staging slowdown or protest, flip on a backup Dell running Linux OS ... don't like running Chrome with it but Firefox browser is a joy, easy to tweak & a heck less tracking = not as intrusive. A portable Linux is loaded on a 16gb USB stick, configured to pretty much run on just about anything "modern" from the last 10 to 15 years, more or less a Chromebook if the HDD or SSD failed ... going off-topic slightly.

Meanwhile, almost time to get out the rollerboard - getting closer to the 30+ days mark & got a fairly big Roll Call going on our BA run (plus, a few more checked in but probably skipping & doing the BTS tour instead, unless they work out the overlapping schedule conflict) ... gotta keep our eyes on "Maria" forecast track, as storms don't listen to the weather experts & has a mind of its own to stall, turn & do nasty things.

All that tech talk is fine for you techies which I am not. I rely on Safari on my IPad which still gets a blank page, though it works on my iPhone. Any clue on Safari?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

All that tech talk is fine for you techies which I am not. I rely on Safari on my IPad which still gets a blank page, though it works on my iPhone. Any clue on Safari?

Accessing CC on Safari browser is fine on our iPad 3 and iPad mini, running iOS 9.3.5. Are you logged into CC, try logging out, power down & reboot the iPad, check to see if you still get a blank page on CC (and what about other popular news or shopping sites ??) and repeat after logging into CC - any difference.

Or, is that with the Forum app being used ??

Accessing CC on Safari browser is fine on our iPad 3 and iPad mini, running iOS 9.3.5. Are you logged into CC, try logging out, power down & reboot the iPad, check to see if you still get a blank page on CC (and what about other popular news or shopping sites ??) and repeat after logging into CC - any difference.

Or, is that with the Forum app being used ??

I am using iOS 9.3.5. Logged out of CC and rebooted iPad. Brought up CC and tried to access boards both before and after signing in to no avail. Communicating here on the CC Forum app. Perplexing since it works fine up until about a week or so ago. Emailed CC and got automated reply that I'd get feedback to my email in the order of which it was received..... Riiiigghhttt....

I am using ... Perplexing since it works fine up until about a week or so ago. Emailed CC and got automated reply that I'd get feedback to my email in the order of which it was received..... Riiiigghhttt.Sent from my iPad using Forums
Is your CC Forums App updated to v5.4.54 like mine? Open fine on my "mini" but it's not happy trying to type a quick reply - very sluggish - editing on the desktop. Could be bad programming/embedded codes in the App - just my 2 cents worth, as it need to be both iOS & Android friendly.

Suggestion - download, install & use Tapatalk - I use across both platform & love its easy picture unloading when on a cruise ... to give you an option.

Sent from my iPad mini Forums

Edited by mking8288

I am using iOS 9.3.5. Logged out of CC and rebooted iPad. Brought up CC and tried to access boards both before and after signing in to no avail. Communicating here on the CC Forum app. Perplexing since it works fine up until about a week or so ago.

I was getting the blank page with Safari on my phone. Just cleared all history (cached pages). Then pulled up cruisecritic.com in a new page and logged in. It works fine now.

Safari can be more difficult as sometimes you have to find the preferences file and trash it. But you can try these steps first: http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/how-clear-safaris-cache-history-on-mac-3496193/

Sweet... Cleared cache and cookies and now seems to be working well. Thanks to all you smart CC folks!

Yesterday I had both working in Chrome. So far today I had to clear everything again on one and haven't tired the other.

New look for CC as well. One huge annoyance is if you have mouse move near the "Research" area at the top it moves your page all the way to the top.