New to Platinum I think

mafiadon

This cruise will make me platinum but I don't know how this works. Do I have to sail and then my next cruise I will be platinum or do I get the perks on this one. Only one I'm wondering is priority boarding. I haven't made my final payment yet and it says gold status on the paper works, and will it change after I make my final payment. I have printed out my luggage tags and they say priority, so this is why I am confused. I just don't know where I stand. Thanks for any help with clearing this up for me.:confused:

I've done a little research on this, as I had the same question.

This situation is covered in section 4 of the official terms and conditions.

https://www.carnival.com/vifp/terms-and-conditions.aspx

They call the cruise that you attain the next VIFP level a "crossover cruise". Although I've read many postings of people getting the benefit on that cruise, it appears it is not guaranteed. So if your docs show priority, then you're in. But I wonder if anyone has actually had a different experience.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

. I haven't made my final payment yet and it says gold status on the paper works, and will it change after I make my final payment. I have printed out my luggage tags and they say priority, so this is why I am confused.

This has me a little confused. I didn't think you could print out your luggage tags until you have paid off your cruise. Maybe I am thinking of just the boarding pass, but either way, if you have Priority or FTTF on your tags, then you will board early.

And as others have stated, if you obtain 75 days during this cruise, you are considered Platinum. Congrats.

We turned Platinum on the Vista repo cruise out of NY. We went to the priority check in line, but they didn't have our S&S cards. Our cards were apparently at the desk for the regular check in line. So we just had to wait while the attendant had someone go get them. So yes, you will be Platinum from the beginning of the cruise.

This has me a little confused. I didn't think you could print out your luggage tags until you have paid off your cruise. Maybe I am thinking of just the boarding pass, but either way, if you have Priority or FTTF on your tags, then you will board early.

And as others have stated, if you obtain 75 days during this cruise, you are considered Platinum. Congrats.

You can print luggage tags and the general info right away. It's only the boarding pass that you need to wait for final payment for.