CoCo Cay

jesters

Is there any sort of transportation to get to other parts of the island, or do you just have to 'hoof' it?

Cheers

Len

"Hoofing it" makes Coco Cay one of our favorite ports of call. We take our

walking shoes/socks in our back packs...walk the beach to the end, switch out our flip flops and get on the nature trail (lots of rocks, hence the need for closed toe shoes) and come out on the other end. Hardly anyone goes out there, and we pretty much have the area to ourselves. :)

I think there are shuttles that take you out to the "pay to use" beach...but not sure if they are still running.

You have to pay for this beach? Going for our 1st time and trying to get the lay of the land

There are many sections of the island, split up into different beaches. Most are free to use, but some are pay to use as a shore excursion package (amenities, drinks, fancy loungers, clam shells..etc.)

Scroll up to one posters map of the island, yes..basically still the same layout as it is today, but does not show the other end of the island. They are putting another sort of pay to use

area out there from the construction and fenced off area we found last time.

We are going there again in 10 days. Have been there many times. :)

Outside of the pier, is there any other part of the island currently under construction? I know they said they were going to build a water park. I really liked the far end of the island, there was absolutely nobody there and we had the place to ourselves. You would have never known there was a cruise ship worth of people just a few hundred feet away from us. I'm going on a return visit in a couple of weeks and hope to enjoy the island of one more time before it gets ""ruined""

Outside of the pier, is there any other part of the island currently under construction? I know they said they were going to build a water park. I really liked the far end of the island, there was absolutely nobody there and we had the place to ourselves. You would have never known there was a cruise ship worth of people just a few hundred feet away from us. I'm going on a return visit in a couple of weeks and hope to enjoy the island of one more time before it gets ""ruined""

Sadly, on our last visit to the "other end" we fondly call it ...it is fenced off with construction going on. That was also our favorite place to hang out, which was at the end of the interior nature trail that we always enjoy that comes out at the gravel road.

Also, one of our favorite spots is the "look out cliff" we call it. (Good photo op of the ship) that has a Tiki umbrella on a wood post. They used to supply chairs, a table, a bench up there...now there was nothing but the Tiki post this last time..which may be gone since the hurricane now also. :o

Will be interesting to see the continued differences when we get there in a few days. Sad to see the natural side of the little island being changed so drastically. :(

Food is pretty much a 2 minute walk straight ahead from the tender port. There is shopping to the right as you leave the tender port, and the last time I was there they took cash only, and they don't haggle much at all. There are umbrellas for rent. I'd for sure bring a hat.

Thanks!

MARAPRINCE

There are many sections of the island, split up into different beaches. Most are free to use, but some are pay to use as a shore excursion package (amenities, drinks, fancy loungers, clam shells..etc.)

Scroll up to one posters map of the island, yes..basically still the same layout as it is today, but does not show the other end of the island. They are putting another sort of pay to use

area out there from the construction and fenced off area we found last time.

We are going there again in 10 days. Have been there many times. :)

Recommendation for best spot? We dont really care about shade, just want the nicest place to chill

Yeah, that was the area I was talking about. Where the umbrella is and that odd observation platform you could climb up on top of......And the really cool rock formations. Sucks that's all 'gone' now :/

2016-12-06_01-01-05

Not sure if the Tiki pole is gone yet...that pole was pretty stout (telephone

pole kind) but I am guessing all the fake tiki "palm" fronds could be gone off of it.

The end down the hill where the natural "docking" was cut out of the rocks

is inaccessible now due to construction.

Will find out more on our usual hike up the nature trail in few days.

Recommendation for best spot? We dont really care about shade, just want the nicest place to chill

Once off the tender, continue to walk to the other side where the water park is. From there, simply follow the beach going away from the BBQ area and crowds until you find a place you like. Low tide, if you are lucky, shows up a lot of nice little spots. The further you walk, the further you get from the other pax. "Willies" little beach bar is the best place for a cool tropical adult beverage. All you need is your sea pass card. :D

It's very shallow there, not good snorkeling at all....but you do see a variety of odd fish and Sting Rays along the walk, plus some small Barracudas. Possible Sharks (little ones) also.

Popular over there for the kayak tours also.

Once off the tender, continue to walk to the other side where the water park is. From there, simply follow the beach going away from the BBQ area and crowds until you find a place you like. Low tide, if you are lucky, shows up a lot of nice little spots. The further you walk, the further you get from the other pax. "Willies" little beach bar is the best place for a cool tropical adult beverage. All you need is your sea pass card. :D

It's very shallow there, not good snorkeling at all....but you do see a variety of odd fish and Sting Rays along the walk, plus some small Barracudas. Possible Sharks (little ones) also.

Popular over there for the kayak tours also.

Thank you, when you say other side do you mean opposite?

Also do they take the drink package while on the island?

Awesome and thanks!

Except the drink package does not include souvenir cups, and most of the roving bar servers have drinks with souvenir cups. You may have to go to a bar to get a regular drink.

Where are they building the pier? Anybody have pictures?

Also while the Snorkel may be better at Princess Cay I saw a lot of fish in the Snorkel beach area. Only drawback was dodging the jellyfish.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Where are they building the pier? Anybody have pictures?

Also while the Snorkel may be better at Princess Cay I saw a lot of fish in the Snorkel beach area. Only drawback was dodging the jellyfish.

If you are looking at the island from a tender approaching the island, the pier is to the right of the tender bay.

Thank you, when you say other side do you mean opposite?

Also do they take the drink package while on the island?

There will be the BBQ stations to the left, and the snorkel beach also. You can either walk through on the right or just walk the beach from there. It is a very small island. Nice to walk along the beach. Just keep walking until you find a spot you like...the further you walk...the quieter it will get. :)

Drink packages are accepted...the island is leased by RCI with all the food and drinks coming from the ship. You only need your sea pass card to charge for drinks. There is a small vendors area to the right as you come off the tender. Those you will need cash for, if you are into that. I don't do the loungers, but there are many many of them (the free ones) available.

Except the drink package does not include souvenir cups, and most of the roving bar servers have drinks with souvenir cups. You may have to go to a bar to get a regular drink.

That was funny when we first started going to Coco Cay. We thought you had to accept that plastic souvenir cup, ended up with several take homes, then threw them out. Such a waste. So now we just order in a regular cup (cheaper too) but will sometimes annoy the servers. (Less tip I guess on the smaller bill? :o).

The difference between a Coco Loco and a Labadoozie??!! The name! ;p ;p

There will be the BBQ stations to the left, and the snorkel beach also. You can either walk through on the right or just walk the beach from there. It is a very small island. Nice to walk along the beach. Just keep walking until you find a spot you like...the further you walk...the quieter it will get. :)

Drink packages are accepted...the island is leased by RCI with all the food and drinks coming from the ship. You only need your sea pass card to charge for drinks. There is a small vendors area to the right as you come off the tender. Those you will need cash for, if you are into that. I don't do the loungers, but there are many many of them (the free ones) available.

Thank you, we are not fans of a rocky beach so trying to plan accordingly for a group of 11, sounds like going right away from the snorkel is best

Thank you, we are not fans of a rocky beach so trying to plan accordingly for a group of 11, sounds like going right away from the snorkel is best

You are most welcome. Any other questions...just ask!

They keep it raked pretty well and indeed is an easy walk all along the beach.

Enjoy and have a fantabulous cruise!! :)