Just Curious, How Much Were Carnival Cruises??

NewAddict

Wow, thanks for all the responses.

Don't get me wrong, I love any kind of vacation, but I'm realizing I should've took a chance back then, instead of believing going to Disney (or other parks) was the only vacation I was able to take. Since our first cruise in 2014, we've been hooked.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Forums mobile app

Wow, thanks for all the responses.

Don't get me wrong, I love any kind of vacation, but I'm realizing I should've took a chance back then, instead of believing going to Disney (or other parks) was the only vacation I was able to take. Since our first cruise in 2014, we've been hooked.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Forums mobile app

There are still really great deals out there, if you keep your eyes open, and most importantly: are flexible

There are still really great deals out there, if you keep your eyes open, and most importantly: are flexible

Yes, right now for sure....but overall, cruising has increased greatly for us. We paid$1248 pp on Vista..... this last year for 7 day balcony (standard balc) cabin.....more than we paid for 12 day Med Breeze 2012 in same category cabin.....$929 pp!! :o

We have not found many balcony cabin cruises of 7 days for under $100 pp on CCL as of late....it has definitely gone up in price (with of course lots of 'cuts' in food, amenities etc) with the price increases!

I got this! (Memory lol)

RCI, Sovereign, upper level suite room (no balcony, pre addon)...was 650 per person. Equal to 2 weeks pay for me. 1993-ish. It felt expensive.

I think that 3-4 nights were running around $250 per person, inside stateroom cat 4. I was working at a large cruise agency that routinely gave away incentive cruises to their warehouse workers. Those would have been on the Tropicale, Mardi Gras, Ecstasy & Fantasy.

In 2014 we paid $349 pp for a balcony on Lido Deck on Splendor. Haven't booked a balcony since then because it's almost double that now

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

YUP! That's what got me hooked on Carnival in 2014...I went as a SOLO, 8 day on Splendor from NY, and paid $535.00 for a balcony on Deck 8...Sailed 5X that year....Had the same cabin steward three times in a row! :D:D:D

Much more now...;)

First cruise was a 7 nighter in 1992 on Jubilee. We had an ocean view cabin and we paid $750 each.

In 2015, we did a 7 nighter on the Magic. We had a balcony cabin and we paid $850 each.

I'd say that in 23 years, the prices were kept down pretty well. There were a lot of cutbacks to keep them down, but cruising was still affordable for the masses.

There are a lot of factors which drive prices up. Newer, bigger, and fancier ships. Sail on one of them and you will pay a premium. Seldom visited areas. Go to Alaska or thru the Canal and you will pay a premium. Ports with few ships. Sail out of New York or Baltimore and you will pay a premium. Reposition cruises used to be a lot cheaper, but now they are all the rage. Now you pay a premium to sail one.

Lots of factors making cruising more expensive in some areas, but still affordable in others. I can still do a 4 night cruise to Catalina and Ensenada for $250 per person... and I think that's pretty cool.

Bob