Anthem, 11/18/17

CruiseTobey

Quick question: Though I have been on many cruises, I'm taking my first cruise out of New Jersey this November. I am flying into Newark (EWR) and landing at about noon. The itinerary for the Anthem says that "all aboard" is at 2:00PM, though the ship doesn't depart until 3:00PM.

Will I have enough time to get a taxi from EWR and make it to the ship by 2:00? Any experiences/opinions you can share?

Thanks in advance!

Theoretically, it shouldn't be a problem - unless your plane is late. The car ride is pretty quick.

The all aboard is an hour prior to departure due to Federal rules requiring information to be provided to Customs & Borders 1 hour prior to leaving.

Personally, I would not feel comfortable with such a small window, considering the problems with flights.

Where are you flying from, honestly we travel a lot and my other half goes to many business trips per year, what we found is the northeast airports generally get backed up and delays are very possible, the best thing to do is to take an early am flight then it could be possible. I also wouldn't chance the weather being bad, there very well could be delays.

Quick question: Though I have been on many cruises, I'm taking my first cruise out of New Jersey this November. I am flying into Newark (EWR) and landing at about noon. The itinerary for the Anthem says that "all aboard" is at 2:00PM, though the ship doesn't depart until 3:00PM.

Will I have enough time to get a taxi from EWR and make it to the ship by 2:00? Any experiences/opinions you can share?

Thanks in advance!

I would not even attempt this with so little margin for delay.

Thanks for all the replies!

I am flying in from Rochester NY (1 hour flight) so delays shouldn't be an issue. I agree that an earlier flight would be preferable but at the time I booked the flights I didn't realize Anthem left at 3:00 PM; more used to 5:00 or 6:00. Live and learn.

Do you feel I will have any problem getting a taxi to the pier?

Thanks guys!

I am flying in from Rochester NY (1 hour flight) so delays shouldn't be an issue. I agree that an earlier flight would be preferable but at the time I booked the flights I didn't realize Anthem left at 3:00 PM; more used to 5:00 or 6:00. Live and learn.

Thanks guys!

As long as you have money, there will be plenty of cabs!!! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks guys!

While it is only a 1 hour flight - you never know if you may encounter weather or mechanical issues. Cabs should be plentiful at EWR airport, but traffic on the NJ turnpike can be a nightmare. Of course chances are you will make it on time. Personally I wouldn't subject myself to that stress!

Good luck and enjoy your cruise! Anthem is a wonderful ship

Thanks in advance!

Hi

I will be up front ,,, you are coming from upstate NY if i was you the amount you pay for the flight i think would be more then what you would pay for parking.. Also its just the time and effort to get up early in the Am real early and drive down too the pier . They have parking at the pier so with that i will say this now if the plane has no problem and there is no idiots on the plane to hold you up and leaves on time and no bad traffic in NWK airport you will just make it !!

Also just remember there is only one lane going into the pier area and one lane coming out! Also you have too leave time to Check in ! Like i said your call hope all goes good and have a safe trip..

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are sailing Anthem the week before you and toyed with flying instead of driving. The last two times we sailed Anthem, we were able to drive down from Boston the day before and just had a short drive to the port in the morning. Not possible this time because of work schedule, so we are driving down morning of the cruise. Only about a four hour drive for us though, so easier decision.

If you got up morning of the sailing and found issues with flight, you could always make a last minute decision to drive.

Good luck.

If the ship leaves at 3:00 p.m. I am pretty sure that you have to be checked in by 1:30 p.m. I believe that check in closes 90 minutes prior to departure. that is cutting it really close.

We are on sailing prior to OP and the setsail pass says:

Due to government regulations, Setsail guests whose cruise departs from ports in the United States are required to be onboard no later than 60 minutes prior to the published sailing time.

OP is going to be close, but if everything lines up perfectly, they will be fine.