Coordinating With Fellow CC Cruisers During Cruise?

AdventureGal79

What's the best way you've found to coordinate with fellow CC cruisers (on the same cruise) while ON the cruise?

Do most post to the Roll Call (i.e. let's meet _____ at _____)?

What about coordinating with a smaller group, so you don't annoy everyone on your Roll Call?

Exchange cabin numbers and call rooms?

PS - This is my first cruise, so this might be old hat for most, but I'm a detail person! :halo: :o

There was the Cruise critic meet and greet, plus others that were arriving the day before got together to meet and share..I had a great time and we are friends with many on the cc roll call, had many dinners with them, played trivia and arranged our next cruise togethet..

There was the Cruise critic meet and greet, plus others that were arriving the day before got together to meet and share..I had a great time and we are friends with many on the cc roll call, had many dinners with them, played trivia and arranged our next cruise togethet..

That is pretty cool. Added bonus going forward.

We met two of our now treasured friends on Viking River cruises. Trips and get togethers since.

What's the best way you've found to coordinate with fellow CC cruisers (on the same cruise) while ON the cruise?

Do most post to the Roll Call (i.e. let's meet _____ at _____)?

What about coordinating with a smaller group, so you don't annoy everyone on your Roll Call?

Exchange cabin numbers and call rooms?

PS - This is my first cruise, so this might be old hat for most, but I'm a detail person! :halo: :o

Safety first!!! However you arrange it, do not post full names or cabin numbers here on Cruise Critic (especially not on the roll calls, where you are also telling exactly when you will be out of town and for how long)--it is way too public a venue. Sharing e-mail addresses here is also problematic. IMHO, if you are going to post your e-mail address here, there are two things you should do to maintain your privacy and your safety. First, don't use your primary account (it just isn't safe or private); open an account just for sharing here (like on Gmail or Yahoo or wherever). Second, when you write out the address, use "at" instead of @ and "dot" in place of the " . " to fool the spammer-bots that go looking for e-mail addresses.

Thanks everyone for the recommendations!!

I am hoping to coordinate an outing on our first night (we overnight at Venice), but it sounds like Viking might have our Meet and Greet that night? I wanted to hit Caffe Floria at night, after most of the tourist crowd leaves. :)

Meet and MIngle is most likely not on Day 1 of the cruise (as people maystill be arriving) and maybe not even on Day 2 for your cruise since you will be departing that evening. When we overnighted in Barcelona, our M&M was the day after we sailed.

Adventure Gal79, I think we are up to join you, along with my sister and husband, but we are wondering how jet lagged we may be.

Hi! Great, thanks! I was thinking of going for an hour or so, or leaving it open-ended so those that wanted to stay COULD (assuming they were comfortable travelling back to the ship).

I'll coordinate more on our Roll Call thread :)

How large a group is typical on Viking? I am used to 30-50 roll callers on mainline cruises but as this is my first Viking Ocean cruise, I am trying to wrap my brain around the pitiful four of us on our roll call:loudcry: When we started planning our first TA, I read other roll calls where there were card games, lunch groups, etc being set up for the lazy sea days....but so far not enough folks on our roll call.

I have to admit to being a bit of an organiser. On a previous cruise about 12 of us arranged to meet in a restaurant in the departure port. It was quite an experience as none of us knew what each other looked like and you do get a 'picture' in your mind. Needless to say most turned out to be completely wrong.

On another, I made name badges for most of us who had signed up for the meet and mingle and brought along a bunch of lanyards to hang around our necks. We agreed to meet at the first sail-away in one of the bars - there were probably about 30 of us.

As has been mentioned earlier, we also made some lifelong friends this way.

How large a group is typical on Viking? I am used to 30-50 roll callers on mainline cruises but as this is my first Viking Ocean cruise, I am trying to wrap my brain around the pitiful four of us on our roll call:loudcry: When we started planning our first TA, I read other roll calls where there were card games, lunch groups, etc being set up for the lazy sea days....but so far not enough folks on our roll call.

Our roll call for the sailing in March 2018 on a TA is much smaller than any Celebrity roll call I have been on. We have 28 folks signed up for our meet and mingle through CC and Viking. Good mix of newbie like me and experienced Viking cruisers from all over th US, Canada, UK. I figure more will stop by as we get closer to sail date. Some one did ask about interest in mahjong . I think it will be easier to get to know folks on this smaller ship, and with 6 sea days ina row, easy to run into folks who have the same interest when going to the daily events offered or just relaxing around the pool area.

To begin with, Viking ship's are under 1000 pax, so half to a third the size of a typical mainstream cruise. The size will be reflected in the size of the roll call. Then you have to consider Cruise Critic's penetration into the market (just 1 to 2%--which is why river roll calls have such a hard time). In other words, on average, VO roll calls are small. On top of that each roll call has its own vibe. Some are comparatively large, some small. Some are chatty, others are not. Some click, others don't.

Our roll call for the sailing in March 2018 on a TA is much smaller than any Celebrity roll call I have been on. We have 28 folks signed up for our meet and mingle through CC and Viking.

UPDATE: The latest number of cruisers signed up for our March TA Meet and Mingle is 32. We gained 4 more over the last couple of days. Still plenty of time for more to join the party.

UPDATE: The latest number of cruisers signed up for our March TA Meet and Mingle is 32. We gained 4 more over the last couple of days. Still plenty of time for more to join the party.

Shucks. We wanted to be on "your" transatlantic but due to pricing are on the March 4th one on Sky.

Wow and we were just celebrating 6 on our March West Indies cruise [emoji16].

We have all signed up for the organized M & M but we are planning an informal one in one of the bars or lounge areas.

Sent from my iPad using Forums