Parking at Bayonne port

Jmadman1

Hi

Just trying too see if anyone has done the parking lot at the Bayonne port ? I have done a dry run and see its right at the drop off area and seems to may be a problem getting in ? I have too go all the way thru to get too the garage? If seems good but don't know how it works? Anyone can help please do my cruise is at the end of Dec.

Thank you .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I haven't done the parking there yet, but from what I have read on previous posts it is pretty easy. Some say that traffic may be a little heavy depending on the time you arrive but others say you can drop your luggage off at the porters and then go and park. Upon returning, walking to the garage with your luggage or returning to pick up is suppose to be easy as well.

Hi

Just trying too see if anyone has done the parking lot at the Bayonne port ? I have done a dry run and see its right at the drop off area and seems to may be a problem getting in ? I have too go all the way thru to get too the garage? If seems good but don't know how it works? Anyone can help please do my cruise is at the end of Dec.

Thank you .

I advise that you arrive early, no later than 11:30, to avoid traffic lines. Both times I have used the garage, traffic is directed towards the luggage drop off area, attendants would not allow bypass directly to garage.Your option then to pull over and drop bags or drive directly to garage. There are elevators in the building if you choose not to drop your luggage. Upon disembarkation, there will likely be lines to use one of the two elevators.

I haven't done the parking there yet, but from what I have read on previous posts it is pretty easy. Some say that traffic may be a little heavy depending on the time you arrive but others say you can drop your luggage off at the porters and then go and park. Upon returning, walking to the garage with your luggage or returning to pick up is suppose to be easy as well.

Thank you

I advise that you arrive early, no later than 11:30, to avoid traffic lines. Both times I have used the garage, traffic is directed towards the luggage drop off area, attendants would not allow bypass directly to garage.Your option then to pull over and drop bags or drive directly to garage. There are elevators in the building if you choose not to drop your luggage. Upon disembarkation, there will likely be lines to use one of the two elevators.

Thanks

In 2016 we drove to the garage and dropped our luggage off on the first level. There was someone at the elevator in the garage who checked us in.

In 2017 we had to stop at the terminal to drop off (or not drop off) luggage and we did not see anyone checking people in at the garage.

It is easy to use. Drop off your luggage and then go to garage. As you enter garage you will get a ticket. Take the ticket with you on the cruise. Then walk over to the main terminal, clear security, check in and board the ship. When parking, the staff set out orange cones that close off levels that are full so that you do not waste time looking...they direct you to the area where there is parking.

Upon return, you can either take your luggage with you or you can have one person wait with luggage while the other retrieves the car. On the ground level there are machines and typically people there to help you work the machine. You insert the ticket that you got upon entering the garage, pay the fee which I believe was $140 for 7 days, and then you get a paid ticket. Either use the stairs or elevator to access the level where you are parked. Leaving the garage, you insert the paid ticket into the machine and the gate opens and you either head home or go around to pick up the luggage and partner.

It is easy to use. Drop off your luggage and then go to garage. As you enter garage you will get a ticket. Take the ticket with you on the cruise. Then walk over to the main terminal, clear security, check in and board the ship. When parking, the staff set out orange cones that close off levels that are full so that you do not waste time looking...they direct you to the area where there is parking.

Upon return, you can either take your luggage with you or you can have one person wait with luggage while the other retrieves the car. On the ground level there are machines and typically people there to help you work the machine. You insert the ticket that you got upon entering the garage, pay the fee which I believe was $140 for 7 days, and then you get a paid ticket. Either use the stairs or elevator to access the level where you are parked. Leaving the garage, you insert the paid ticket into the machine and the gate opens and you either head home or go around to pick up the luggage and partner.

One additional note - folks have reported that the parking machines take both credit cards and cash up to $50 bills. They do not accept $100 bills.

It's very poorly designed for people who just want to go directly to the garage and not drop off luggage since all traffic has to go through the drop off area. That traffic includes all vehicles, including buses, as they don't get diverted to their own lanes until late in the process. If you are there at the prime time which is around 10:30 or 11:00 until around noon to 12:30 the wait in traffic could be more than a half hour. To avoid the traffic get there early or late.

The first time I used the garage there was a person checking people at the garage. The second time there was not.