Grand Suite perks??

torwa

There are no such stickers out of POM or PE and I have never heard of such a thing anywhere else. They do not get the same benefits as FTTF as has already been pointed out. It says “Priority” on the boarding pass and that’s it. No GS line, no cabin ready at embarkation.

Call the Galveston

port and ask them if they put the suite sticker on inside the terminal or on the ship.

Here we offer our experiences in answer to peoples questions. i mention my experience, which is only with galveston. Like it, hate it, don't believe it. I really don't care. But I do feel bad for people that already know it all and are incapable of learning

Call the Galveston

port and ask them if they put the suite sticker on inside the terminal or on the ship.

Here we offer our experiences in answer to peoples questions. i mention my experience, which is only with galveston. Like it, hate it, don't believe it. I really don't care. But I do feel bad for people that already know it all and are incapable of learning

I just find it strange that there are many people on here that cruise from Galveston and not one of them have ever mentioned a “Suite Sticker”. I do admit hat I find it difficult to believe that they do it so different down there. I mean first the kitchen crew doesn’t come out to inspect the food supply like in all the other ports and now a unique sticker that has never been brought up before? Wow. What is going on there?

I just find it strange that there are many people on here that cruise from Galveston and not one of them have ever mentioned a “Suite Sticker”. I do admit hat I find it difficult to believe that they do it so different down there. I mean first the kitchen crew doesn’t come out to inspect the food supply like in all the other ports and now a unique sticker that has never been brought up before? Wow. What is going on there?

Add another port to the list that does it. i dont know why others do or dont, just know what i see.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/Cruise/comments/6qd7h5/carnival_vista_suite_guest/

And about the inspections, it is possible they take place in the truck unloading area, before the items are taken out on to the pier.

Add another port to the list that does it. i dont know why others do or dont, just know what i see.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/Cruise/comments/6qd7h5/carnival_vista_suite_guest/

And about the inspections, it is possible they take place in the truck unloading area, before the items are taken out on to the pier.

I was on Vista earlier this year and the only stickers that were on cards were FTTF and Havana (besides the Cheers or B.B. on the front). Even friends that stayed in a Suite didn’t have one. I still haven’t heard anything else like that on here and lots of people have been in suites on Vista and out of Galveston. And there’s no way it’s port specific (maybe more ship specific but doubtful) because each one of my cruises over the past few years have been out of POM or PE and I have never seen one.

Maybe they are starting to go to that but if so, why hasn’t it been mentioned until now? It still doesn’t change the fact that they don’t get the FTTF line or their cabins ready at embarkation. Carnival would announce that as incentive to book a suite and the signage onboard would reflect that. Until it has, then they aren’t afforded the same benefits as FTTF.

There’s no way the cabin stewards can get all the suites ready early while also cleaning the Diamond/Platinum/FTTF cabins in that vicinity. It’s impossible with the amount of room stewards in that section. That’s why I don’t think they could ever include that as a perk unless they are willing to hire more people which since they are cutting back crew, I don’t think it will happen.

I have seen it in galveston, so I guess you got to hear it from me first.

I don't know why a random person would make that up regarding the vista, but i believe it. I was just curious, since you mentioned it, if it happens elsewhere. Next time I am in the terminal I will see if I can get a pic of one for you.

Oh, again with keys onboard being love since july, it couldl be different. Some keys have to be reprinted, they probably do have the fttf and suite guest stickers around though. I will ask.

I have seen it in galveston, so I guess you got to hear it from me first.

I don't know why a random person would make that up regarding the vista, but i believe it. I was just curious, since you mentioned it, if it happens elsewhere. Next time I am in the terminal I will see if I can get a pic of one for you.

Please do as I am genuinely curious. I will also be on the lookout next month in Miami. Wonder what the purpose of them is since they already have “Priority” printed on their boarding pass? Maybe it’s just to give them a little recognition because the perks themselves are pretty lacking. Other cruise lines give you a different color card for different categories of cabins.

Please do as I am genuinely curious. I will also be on the lookout next month in Miami. Wonder what the purpose of them is since they already have “Priority” printed on their boarding pass? Maybe it’s just to give them a little recognition because the perks themselves are pretty lacking. Other cruise lines give you a different color card for different categories of cabins.

If you go to guest services (in the terminal) ask them also. Just guessing maybe.... If the suite guests dont have the same benefits as fttf, that would be why. To show they have suite guest but not fttf., just a guess...

In galveston, they were out of fttf stickers once and used the suite guest stickers. It's silver and black, the best I remember, and about the size of bottomless bubble sticker and square also. Smaller than the fttf sticker.

Adding, do they do keys onboard in miami?

If you go to guest services (in the terminal) ask them also. Just guessing maybe.... If the suite guests dont have the same benefits as fttf, that would be why. To show they have suite guest but not fttf., just a guess...

In galveston, they were out of fttf stickers once and used the suite guest stickers. It's silver and black, the best I remember, and about the size of bottomless bubble sticker and square also. Smaller than the fttf sticker.

Adding, do they do keys onboard in miami?

Interesting. Yes they do the cards on the ships now. That’s the way it was for Vista in March and before that last October on Glory you got them at check in. Although Glory has now gone to the cards onboard in the envelopes within the past month or so. Both out of Miami. Conquest last month from PE cards at check in.

We had the suite stickers on our sail and sign cards for Pride out of Baltimore in July.

This is the first I’m hearing of the sticker. I’m really surprised hasn’t been brought up before. If it has, I haven’t seen anything on it. What was the purpose of the sticker? Did they ever say?

As of April 2016...

“Carnival Cruise Line is set to increase its gratuity guidelines but also plans to sweeten the deal for suite passengers with additional benefits such as a free bag of laundry.

The line has advised of its intention to raise gratuities from $12.00 to $12.95 per person per day for standard cabins and $13.95 per person per day for suites, effective for cruises departing September 1, 2016 and onward.

Announced in a letter, dated April 29, Carnival added: “In tandem with this change, in addition to priority embarkation and debarkation in all ports and confirmed main dining room preference, suite guests will now receive priority tender service, complimentary in-suite bottled water and one complimentary bag of laundry per voyage, as well as an enhanced turndown service”, Carnival confirmed.”

After dong some more research (and remembering the increase in "tips") I see nowhere else that has this info... The only "suite perks" are the ones I mentioned in a previous post.

Having said all that I completely believe anyone who has received the sticker and got the extra perks, I would bet they were only for Grand suites or maybe Grand Spa suites? It has to be a very small amount as has been noted earlier.

I don't know which suites, just suite guests. Wheeew, glad we cleared that up!! Lol, I hope the op gets what they promised them at least.

I think most ports will go to keys onboard. In galveston, the sail and sign cards were printed on the ship, brought down in wooden crates, in the envelopes, and the check in agents retrieved them at check in. With keys onboard it cut down check in time TREMENDOUSLY if your boarding pass says complete, you skip the port guest services check in. If you are cash deposit or there is a name change or something else going on at desco (the passport, bc, and dl check in), they will highlite your boarding pass and send you to port guest services. also, the ships in galveston no longer accept cash the first day at ship guest services, you have to go to the kiosk onboard. Just some info on some changes since keys on board....

After dong some more research (and remembering the increase in "tips") I see nowhere else that has this info... The only "suite perks" are the ones I mentioned in a previous post.

Having said all that I completely believe anyone who has received the sticker and got the extra perks, I would bet they were only for Grand suites or maybe Grand Spa suites? It has to be a very small amount as has been noted earlier.

Yes, I cannot find it anywhere on Carnival's web site either but CC reported it in April of last year:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6991

I don't know which suites, just suite guests. Wheeew, glad we cleared that up!! Lol, I hope the op gets what they promised them at least. FUNNY! LOL

I think most ports will go to keys onboard.

Last year out of Charleston, all keys in terminal, same in NOLA last month. Doing the Sunshine out of Chas beginning of Nov, will see what happens.

Last year out of Charleston, all keys in terminal, same in NOLA last month. Doing the Sunshine out of Chas beginning of Nov, will see what happens.

Time will tell, it works well for galveston.

We also still have the staggered check in, my understanding is some ports couldn't make it work and went back to the previous way. So, I do know if they feel something isn't working they will change it.

Edited by timeinthesand

Time will tell, it works well for galveston.

We also still have the staggered check in, my understanding is some ports couldn't make it work and went back to the previous way. So, I do know if they feel something isn't working they will change it.

I love staggered check in and the cards in the mailboxes as well. It is so much faster. Last month at PE for Conquest I had to wait in the second line. It was painful even being Platinum. The people who were non Priority had it way worse.

This is the first I’m hearing of the sticker. I’m really surprised hasn’t been brought up before. If it has, I haven’t seen anything on it. What was the purpose of the sticker? Did they ever say?
We were rather surprised by it, and no one said anything to us about it. I assume it would help priority tendering, but (a) our only port was Bermuda and (b) we're platinum so we wouldn't need a sticker anyway. For the record, we had an Ocean Suite on this cruise.

I love staggered check in and the cards in the mailboxes as well. It is so much faster. Last month at PE for Conquest I had to wait in the second line. It was painful even being Platinum. The people who were non Priority had it way worse.

Honestly, when I first heard of it (keys onboard) I thought they had gone out of their minds. To see it in action thoigh, genius!!

Here’s the letter that I just got for my upcoming cruise In case there is any confusion of who is allowed to access their cabins early.

Dear Guest,

Your cruise is right around the corner and we want to provide you with important information regarding your embarkation experience.

If you haven't done so already, please visit us at http://www.carnival.com/OnlineCheckin to complete your Online Check-in and select your Arrival Appointment now. Guests who arrive outside of their Arrival Appointment can expect longer wait times in line.

To help you pack, we suggest you limit your luggage to a maximum of two bags, per person.

Guests are not allowed to bring bottled beverages, i.e., water, sodas and other non-alcoholic drinks on board. Please review our beverage policy located in our FAQs at help.carnival.com.

To enter the terminal, present your boarding pass and a government-issued picture ID (applicable to all guests 16 years and older), citizenship documents (including any necessary visas) and completed health questionnaire.

If you are a Diamond, Platinum guest or have purchased Faster to the Fun, you may proceed to your stateroom as soon as you board.

Staterooms are available from 1:30 PM for all other guests. Guests who are scheduled to arrive before this time usually check their bags curbside so they can be free to enjoy lunch, which will be served on Lido Deck until 3:15 PM.

Checked baggage service is only available until 2 hours before the ship's published departure time. Guests arriving after this time will be responsible for taking their bags on board.

In preparation for departure, all guests must be checked-in and on board the ship no later than 60 minutes prior to the published sailing time or you will not be permitted to sail.

We are looking forward to welcoming you aboard for a FUN and memorable cruise vacation.

Firemanbobswife ... thank you for posting ... yep, I get this every cruise and I also post it to other groups who inquire and argue about suite guests getting early access to cabins ... unfortunately, there are those who still ignore the email, signs on fire doors, CCL website, signage at GS and John Heald and proceed to go directly to their cabins before general access is allowed ...

Firemanbobswife ... thank you for posting ... yep, I get this every cruise and I also post it to other groups who inquire and argue about suite guests getting early access to cabins ... unfortunately, there are those who still ignore the email, signs on fire doors, CCL website, signage at GS and John Heald and proceed to go directly to their cabins before general access is allowed ...

You’re welcome and I do the same.

I think a lot of the problems could be eliminated by Carnival setting the CSRs and port check in people straight. Many of them give misinformation and cause confusion. I can understand why people may not believe what we try and tell them and instead rely on Carnival because they should be giving the correct info. But as most of us know, that’s not the case.

The CSRs need to stop telling people that when they upgrade to a suite that they no longer need FTTF which is wrong. The port people need to stop looking at people’s boarding passes that say “Priority” and telling them they can go right to their cabin which again, is wrong.

So go by what’s in writing on the website, check in paper you get when your cards are in the mailbox, on the fire doors that are closed, and written correspondence. It doesn’t matter if someone has had their cabin “always ready” when they got on, the fact remains that they weren’t supposed to be there. Now that they are going to the cards in the mailbox, that will no longer be an option and maybe this is what it takes for it to click.

You’re welcome and I do the same.

I think a lot of the problems could be eliminated by Carnival setting the CSRs and port check in people straight. Many of them give misinformation and cause confusion. I can understand why people may not believe what we try and tell them and instead rely on Carnival because they should be giving the correct info. But as most of us know, that’s not the case.

The CSRs need to stop telling people that when they upgrade to a suite that they no longer need FTTF which is wrong. The port people need to stop looking at people’s boarding passes that say “Priority” and telling them they can go right to their cabin which again, is wrong.

So go by what’s in writing on the website, check in paper you get when your cards are in the mailbox, on the fire doors that are closed, and written correspondence. It doesn’t matter if someone has had their cabin “always ready” when they got on, the fact remains that they weren’t supposed to be there. Now that they are going to the cards in the mailbox, that will no longer be an option and maybe this is what it takes for it to click.

My thoughts exactly!