Changing cruises

MaiTaiMary

We booked a cruise this week and now I'm rethinking our decision and wondering if we shouldn't have booked a different one.

I'm looking at the fine print to see what, if any, fees that would involve. It says "

Changes made to the reservation may result in the assessment of cancellation penalties or service fees."

We only have a deposit down now and the sailing isn't for another six months. Does anybody know if I can just change to a different cruise and what all that would involve? What would the fee be? Or does it vary? The fine print was pretty vague.

Thanks. Just thinking about it. Wondering what the options are. :cool:

We booked a cruise this week and now I'm rethinking our decision and wondering if we shouldn't have booked a different one.

I'm looking at the fine print to see what, if any, fees that would involve. It says "

Changes made to the reservation may result in the assessment of cancellation penalties or service fees."

We only have a deposit down now and the sailing isn't for another six months. Does anybody know if I can just change to a different cruise and what all that would involve? What would the fee be? Or does it vary? The fine print was pretty vague.

Depends on what fare you booked under. If early saver, there will be a $50 per person fee.

If you book another cruise while on the phone to cancel the first one, and you are early saver, you can use the rest of the deposit as the new deposit and you will just have to top it up. If you wait to book another cruise, you will have to put down while new deposit and the rest of the old deposit will be deducted from the cruise balance.

If you did not book early saver, you can probably cancel and rebook with no fee.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thank you.

How do I find which fare it was booked under? I'm looking at my e-mail receipt and I don't see anything. Also looking at the "My Cruise Manager" online and it breaks down the payment, but I don't see anything about which fare it was booked under.

It was probably the Early Saver. We always just get the least expensive rate.

So I guess my question is... do they treat changing from one cruise to the other the same as just cancelling a cruise and rebooking a brand new one? It's looking like there would be a $50 fee to cancel. So just wondering if they would still charge that $50 fee if I'm booking another cruise at the same time (?)

If you booked ER then you will pay$$$$$.

It was probably the Early Saver. We always just get the least expensive rate.

So I guess my question is... do they treat changing from one cruise to the other the same as just cancelling a cruise and rebooking a brand new one? It's looking like there would be a $50 fee to cancel. So just wondering if they would still charge that $50 fee if I'm booking another cruise at the same time (?)

They don't "change a cruise". It is always cancel one cruise and booking a new cruise. Yes, most likely you will be charged the $50 cancellation fee.

If you booked under the Early Saver fare rate and are cancelling for any reason you will be assessed a cancellation fee of fifty dollars per person. It doesn't matter that you plan to cancel an existing sailing and switching to another one.

We just did the same thing with a cruise we had booked under an early saver fare. We were charged $50/person, our deposit we had paid on the first cruise was applied to the new one, and if we had booked the original cruise when there were reduced deposits, we would have had to pay the difference between that deposit amount and the current booking period's deposit amount.

Thank you.

How do I find which fare it was booked under? I'm looking at my e-mail receipt and I don't see anything. Also looking at the "My Cruise Manager" online and it breaks down the payment, but I don't see anything about which fare it was booked under.

Go to your Cruise Manager and print your documents (can print to your screen). At the bottom of your invoice might be a note stating any penalties for canceling.