*Photo Review* Pacific Coast Cruise 10/1/17

alainamarie

I think you did very well with your private winery tour....love the photos, esp the group photo. Looks like an amazing day!. Too bad I can't post here...Cruise Critic is limited and most of the photos are not even downloaded from my camera yet.

We did a nice excursion booked through Celebrity in Santa Barbara with a comprehensive tour ....homes, gardens and a Mission. Ended with a series of tastings in the Funk Zone..but no wineries. We were happy with our choice,

We had one winery on our Sonoma excursion...It was Cline...a very charming , historic property. We had a nice outdoor tasting and great tour of the processing areas, plus some good shopping in their store. But they were harvesting and had alot of equipment in the fields so we did not actually get into the vineyards. That was a bit disappointing!

Now that we are home, guess we' ll get out to some Long Island vineyards and wineries...and pumpkin farms too! Can't wait for the next installment of your well done review,

I think you did very well with your private winery tour....love the photos, esp the group photo. Looks like an amazing day!. Too bad I can't post here...Cruise Critic is limited and most of the photos are not even downloaded from my camera yet.

We did a nice excursion booked through Celebrity in Santa Barbara with a comprehensive tour ....homes, gardens and a Mission. Ended with a series of tastings in the Funk Zone..but no wineries. We were happy with our choice,

We had one winery on our Sonoma excursion...It was Cline...a very charming , historic property. We had a nice outdoor tasting and great tour of the processing areas, plus some good shopping in their store. But they were harvesting and had alot of equipment in the fields so we did not actually get into the vineyards. That was a bit disappointing!

Now that we are home, guess we' ll get out to some Long Island vineyards and wineries...and pumpkin farms too! Can't wait for the next installment of your well done review,

It was really a great private tour and I highly recommend... it was a little stressful with the time constraint, but we all enjoyed as you can see!

Your excursion sounds like it was really enjoyable too... we ran into several people in the tender line who did the same tour and enjoyed it.

Enjoying your review! Even though our sail date was one week prior to yours, it is fun to relive the memories we made on board and in the ports. It was an awesome itinerary.

Thank you so much Denie!! We had such great weather and we all lucked out with the fires that came after our trip. So sad that Napa and Sonoma have been on fire.:(

Day 3: San Francisco Day 1

We arrived in San Francisco on October 3rd around 5pm - our ship was slightly delayed while waiting on a vessel to pull out. We took an Uber to Cliff House which is one of my favorite spots in SF. Best place to catch a sunset! Then we headed to North Beach and ate at my favorite Iranian restaurant, Maykadeh.

As we sailed into San Fran, we cruised under the Golden Gate Bridge. What an experience!

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

One of my favorite places in San Fran is the Cliff House on the water. I've been here for drinks and brunch and can't get over the views.

We arrived right before sunset and took some group shots before heading in for a drink. It was a little pricey for an Uber ride since it's on the other side of San Fran ($45 Uber ride).

I met Holly, Dan, & Lenee on the same cruise in 2014. We were all at the same dining room table and became quick friends. Holly lives in Moutain View, CA (home of Google) and she drove out to greet us off the ship. So this was quite the reunion!!

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Holly's daughter met us for a drink at the Cliff House then dropped us off at my favorite Persian restaurant - Maykadeh. I'm half Iranian so I LOVE LOVE LOVE Persian food. We do not have any Persian restaurants in New Orleans, so I savored this meal (while shoveling food into my mouth).

enhance

enhance

enhance

After our bellies were full of food, we went back to the ship via Uber ($8) and hit the martini bar for silent disco.

Not sure if you remember this picture from the beginning of this review, but this is Dan, Lenee, and I with our headphones on at the martini bar.

enhance

Day 4: San Francisco Day 2

My 2nd day in my favorite city... we had the BEST weather. Our day started off with a long walk to join up with our tour. It was a mile long walk, but the weather made it enjoyable. I chose Dylan's Tours based on great reviews on TripAdvisor.

Our 2.5 hour tour was cancelled because we were the only 3 who booked the City Adventure Tour, so the company invited us to stay along and do the 6 hour tour that included Muir Woods and Sausalito. This was REALLY hard to pass up, but we already purchased tickets to Alcatraz and didn't want to miss it. We stayed on the tour and just departed at the end of our segment while the group continued on. Dylan's had one of their other guides drop us off at the ship, so there was really no inconvenience to us at all. They also made it up to us by offering the great bargain of staying on the rest of the tour.

Good morning San Fran! This is the view from our cabin port hole

enhance

And the view from the top deck of the ship

enhance

We had lunch on the ship and then met up with Heather to walk next door to Alcatraz. This was steps away from our ship, so it worked out perfectly. We signed up for the 330 tour, so we made it to Alcatraz right around 4.

I'm just placing the photos at random because it's pretty difficult to walk you through Alcatraz unless you have visited there.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Boarding the Infinity today. My husband will upgrade his drink package with Gareth if he is still on board. Of course, I will pass along your regards. I will stay with classic unless they offer 2 for 1. They offered it in May on our Pacific Coastal. We have a corner aft family verandah, 8166 for this fabulous canal transit. Thanks so much for your wonderful review.

Edited by FlorenceItaly
A

We got to sail under the Golden Gate Bridge around noon on a clear day like you had coming into SF on Infinity in 2009. It was very neat to sail under the bridge and everything was so clear. They let us on the heliport area to view our sail into SF.

Your pics brought back some good memories of our cruise and time in SF.

Thanks!

Boarding the Infinity today. My husband will upgrade his drink package with Gareth if he is still on board. Of course, I will pass along your regards. I will stay with classic unless they offer 2 for 1. They offered it in May on our Pacific Coastal. We have a corner aft family verandah, 8166 for this fabulous canal transit. Thanks so much for your wonderful review.

Enjoy your cruise! Tell Gareth hello! Be sure to stop by Rendezvous and tell Dejan Alaina & Heather said hello! He’s our other favorite! Both make excellent cocktails.

Can’t wait to see pictures of your cabin and hopefully a review?!?!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We got to sail under the Golden Gate Bridge around noon on a clear day like you had coming into SF on Infinity in 2009. It was very neat to sail under the bridge and everything was so clear. They let us on the heliport area to view our sail into SF.

Your pics brought back some good memories of our cruise and time in SF.

Thanks!

So glad you are enjoying the review! Sailing under the golden gate was incredible. I’ve taken a golden gate boat tour years ago, but it doesn’t really compare!

Did you as for a topper for your mattress? I need a comfortable bed!

We are on Infinity on November 8.

I did not- the bed was ok, wasn’t terrible. I’m not a good person to ask because I have back issues that require a good quality bed. I’m rarely happy with hotel beds, but I’m not giving up travel!

Day 5: Monterey

I've been to Monterey, CA twice, so this was a no-brainer for me. I opted to rent a car so we could take the 17 mile drive on our own and not in a bus. Another bucket list item was to head to Bixby Bridge about 15 miles south of Carmel, CA. I rented a convertible, but later invited two friends who joined us on this cruise and the convertible was way too tight for 4 adults.

It hurt my heart, but we had to change to a van. Not quite as sexy to hit the road in a van, but I must say... I get it. I totally get why families buy vans. I can't imagine having my friends get in and out of a convertible back seats each time we got out of the car.

Enterprise picked us up from the pier, but this process took FOREVER. Being picked up, doing the paperwork, and pulling out with the vehicle took about an hour and a half.

First up, 17 mile drive.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance