*Photo Review* Pacific Coast Cruise 10/1/17

alainamarie

I lived in SF for 10 years right after college. One of the most memorable periods of my life! Fortinately, I’m only 45 miles away so I still go up there every so often.

You are so lucky! Of all the places I’ve traveled in the US, I LOVE San Fran the most - just can’t afford the lifestyle I’d like to have there!

Thanks for reading!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Day 6 was a sea day that was spent sleeping in, eating, drinking, and silent disco'ing. Not much to share since I've already showed a glimpse of the silent disco fun.

Day 7: Catalina Island

Just off the coast of California lies the beautiful Catalina Island. We booked an excursion through the cruise line entitled "Avalon Scenic Tour". It was only an hour long, but straight to the point. It was an enjoyable ride other than the passenger who asked a question every minute and a half. It was only $19.95 per person, so it's hard to beat that for an island tour.

These photos are right off the pier - we had to tender in this port, but it was pretty painless.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Great photos of Catalina ..Avalon. We took the same tour,,.maybe more than 1 bus. We had a very humorous, entertaining and informative guide; and really enjoyed the tour. Without the tour, we would have just walked along the waterside shop area...but saw & learned so much more.

Very nice port and a beatiful day!

Great photos of Catalina ..Avalon. We took the same tour,,.maybe more than 1 bus. We had a very humorous, entertaining and informative guide; and really enjoyed the tour. Without the tour, we would have just walked along the waterside shop area...but saw & learned so much more.

Very nice port and a beatiful day!

I loved Catalina and enjoyed our tour as well. Our guide was funny and informative, so I definitely recommend this stop and the excursion! The weather was perfect.

Thanks for reading!!

Day 8: Ensenada, Mexico

Our last day was spent in Ensenada, Mexico. We booked an excursion through the cruise line and I'm glad we did - it was quite a hike to "town" from the cruise port. There was a small shopping area near the port and I stocked up on some vanilla.

The excursion we booked was called "EN04 - Calafia Valley Wine Country" and the cost was $49.75. It included two wine stops that were basically next door neighbors.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

That wraps up my review of the Pacific Coast Cruise. The weather in each port was fabulous and I really enjoyed the unique itinerary. Let me know if you have any questions!

Until next time,

Alaina

Thats a great wrap!

Enjoyed seeing the west coast with you. Thanks for taking the time to post!

Wishing you many more great cruises. I want to do the Mississippi River from/to New Orleans some day. Maybe a Mardi Gras cruise. :)

I hope you plan to write a review on your Jewel trip also!

I'll be on her September 2018

I do plan to write a review for my Alaska cruise on Jewel! I’m looking so forward to it! Thanks for reading!

Thats a great wrap!

Enjoyed seeing the west coast with you. Thanks for taking the time to post!

Wishing you many more great cruises. I want to do the Mississippi River from/to New Orleans some day. Maybe a Mardi Gras cruise. :)

Thank you for reading! You need to come on down here! I enjoy sailing down (or is it up?!) the Mississippi. The bad thing about it - it gets dark pretty quickly while you’re sailing it. So you don’t get to enjoy as much as you would think. Mardi Gras is fun, but you know I’m over it from living here! [emoji3]

Enjoy your cruise! Tell Gareth hello! Be sure to stop by Rendezvous and tell Dejan Alaina & Heather said hello! He’s our other favorite! Both make excellent cocktails.

Can’t wait to see pictures of your cabin and hopefully a review?!?!!!!!

Hi Alaina,

We are home, and I am just now seeing this. I gave Gareth your regards and of course, he remembered you and the others! I am sorry that I did not speak to Dejan. If I would have seen this response I would have made it a point too. It was an excellent cruise and the service was TOP NOTCH everywhere. They did not offer a 2 for 1 upgrade to premium so we both stayed with Classic and it was fine. We did pay the difference on a few drinks, so I think it worked out better that we did not upgrade. Even at 2 for 1, I am not sure it would have been worth it.

We loved our FV 8166. It greatly enhanced our cruise. The space and balcony was wonderful. In fact, we had an inside booked for Alaska on a Holland America cruise and I called my PCC and upgraded to an AFT balcony. Btw, we did the 11 night Pacific Coastal on the Infinity in May and loved it. I highly recommend the longer Pacific Coastal. My observation is that it always comes down after final payment.

Really enjoying your review and photos. We did a coastal cruise with PCL 2 years ago and really enjoyed it.

We will be on the Infinity in 2018 for a 15 days Panama cruise and can't wait!

Thanks for all your time posting this review.:D

Thank you so much for reading! I really liked this itinerary and would recommend to anyone!