WOW bands

haawwks27

the website has minimal informatoin. can someone explain what they are? are they really useful? if yo uget one, does the whole cabin need to get them?

pros? cons?

thanks!

Scroll down: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/anthemoftheseas/already-booked/smart-check-in/

The whole cabin does not need to get them.

If you have been to the Walt Disney World Resort in the last couple of years is a very similar to the way the Disney Magic Band works. Basically is a wristband that you wear that you can use to tap to pay for things on board and to get in and out of your room.

If one person in your group has it the rest of the group can still use their plastic cards to get in and out of the room or to pay for things.

Although you will still need your ship card to get on and off at each port, since the wow band doesn't have your name or sailing date information printed on it. You still need to carry the hard plastic card in Port.

I got one on Harmony just for the novelty of it. It was convenient when wanting to go to the pool and not having to deal with the room key either going in my swimsuit pocket or being left on a chair. It just stayed strapped to my wrist via the band. It comes in a few colors but if they don't have the color you want with your muster station printed on it your Limited in options. So while they had I believe five different colors for me I could either get yellow or white.

If you have been to the Walt Disney World Resort in the last couple of years is a very similar to the way the Disney Magic Band works. Basically is a wristband that you wear that you can use to tap to pay for things on board and to get in and out of your room.

If one person in your group has it the rest of the group can still use their plastic cards to get in and out of the room or to pay for things.

Although you will still need your ship card to get on and off at each port, since the wow band doesn't have your name or sailing date information printed on it. You still need to carry the hard plastic card in Port.

I got one on Harmony just for the novelty of it. It was convenient when wanting to go to the pool and not having to deal with the room key either going in my swimsuit pocket or being left on a chair. It just stayed strapped to my wrist via the band. It comes in a few colors but if they don't have the color you want with your muster station printed on it your Limited in options. So while they had I believe five different colors for me I could either get yellow or white.

thank you for your insight!

We left ours on the table in our cabin for our entire Harmony cruise. Just didn't see the need for them especially when I saw others having to give them to the bartenders at certain bars to buy a drink. The only pluses we saw were opening your cabin door with your hands full or if you wanted to take a dip in the pool you didn't have to worry about where to put your seapass card.

We left ours on the table in our cabin for our entire Harmony cruise. Just didn't see the need for them especially when I saw others having to give them to the bartenders at certain bars to buy a drink. The only pluses we saw were opening your cabin door with your hands full or if you wanted to take a dip in the pool you didn't have to worry about where to put your seapass card.

For drinks, I walked to the part of the bar that had the scanning equipment & voila, got my drink without having to take the band off. I found it very useful as I have a problem with losing my sea pass plastic card. Also, FYI, the muster station ID was indicated on the Quantum version, but not on the Anthem.

For drinks, I walked to the part of the bar that had the scanning equipment & voila, got my drink without having to take the band off. I found it very useful as I have a problem with losing my sea pass plastic card. Also, FYI, the muster station ID was indicated on the Quantum version, but not on the Anthem.

That wasn't always an option when the bars were busy but I can see where some people would like them. It's all personal preference. I do recall the muster station number on mine. My wife commented it and about taking them on another ship. Do you know what they do if you want to reuse them?

That wasn't always an option when the bars were busy but I can see where some people would like them. It's all personal preference. I do recall the muster station number on mine. My wife commented it and about taking them on another ship. Do you know what they do if you want to reuse them?

I was able to trade my Q one for an Anthem one free of charge at Guest Services. Don't know if they still allow the free exchange--I'll find out for sure on our Anthem 12 nite Jan. sail.

WOW bands are 4.99 USD unless you are in a JS or above. Suites get them included.

I was able to use my old WOW bands (Anthem and Quantum -had 2 from each ship but needed 3 on Harmony) on the Harmony. They did reprogram them. Others report that they exchange old for new ones. First I was told that reprogramming is not available but I insisted and then a second person said yes they can do it.

I like them especially for the fitness center or the pool area. They are watertight so you can swim with them too.

steamboats

WOW bands are 4.99 USD unless you are in a JS or above. Suites get them included.

I was able to use my old WOW bands (Anthem and Quantum -had 2 from each ship but needed 3 on Harmony) on the Harmony. They did reprogram them. Others report that they exchange old for new ones. First I was told that reprogramming is not available but I insisted and then a second person said yes they can do it.

I like them especially for the fitness center or the pool area. They are watertight so you can swim with them too.

steamboats

The only frustration with the new ones is trying to clip them on. The original ones on the Quantum a watch like clip.