Future Cruise credits?

luv2cruz62

Heading out on the Regal on a B2B Caribbean departing on Jan. 21. Was going to originally do a Panama Canal, but the price was too much for us at this time (coming from Canada..with extra expenses with flights etc) I have heard that booking on board for a future cruise is beneficial. Does anyone have feedback regarding that process, and does it really save you that much $$ in the big scheme of things? Thanks for all your info!!:confused::ship::tropical-drink:

Heading out on the Regal on a B2B Caribbean departing on Jan. 21. Was going to originally do a Panama Canal, but the price was too much for us at this time (coming from Canada..with extra expenses with flights etc) I have heard that booking on board for a future cruise is beneficial. Does anyone have feedback regarding that process, and does it really save you that much $$ in the big scheme of things? Thanks for all your info!!:confused::ship::tropical-drink:

The future cruise deposit is what is of most significance. You don't "have to" book your future cruise. You can just pay $100 to use as a deposit on a cruise, in the future. You will get a specific OBC amount based on how long your future cruise is. I have booked an actual future cruise on board, but there wasn't much benefit to it, that I'm aware of. I wrote down the information for the cruise I wanted to book, sailing, desired cabin preferences, dropped the form in the box, and they booked it right away. I have also left a cruise with a couple of extra Future cruise deposits to use at a later date.

Enjoy your cruise and if you plan on cruise more, get a couple of FCDs, if you don't use them, they will be refunded.

You can purchase a future cruise deposit (FCD) for $100 per pax. It will entitle you to an OBC of $50 to $250 depending on the length of the cruise and use the FCD as a deposit. Both pax in the cabin have to use their own FCD to each get the bennies. If you don't use the FCD in two years, it will be refunded to you. So pretty much a wonderful perk. It has to be bought on a cruise.

Many of the long time Princess cruisers have several FCD in their account so they can schedule a cruise from home and get the benefits. We generally have 2 or 3 waiting.

On board pricing is exactly the same as if you booked it from home that same day.

On board you can:

a) Purchase a Future Cruise Deposit for $100 and use it within two years to book a cruise either with Princess or through a travel agent. or

b) Pay a $100 deposit and book a cruise while on board. If you wish the booking can be assigned to your Travel Agent when you book on board or after you get home.

With either a) or b) you will get OBC when you take the cruise that you book. The amount of OBC depends on the type cabin booked and the length of the cruise.

Your Personalize should have the form in it for making a Future Cruise Deposit.

By the way, the FCD is charged on board to a credit card immediately. It is not added to your on-board stateroom account.

What I have seen is if you wanted to book a future cruise while on a cruise, they actually sell you an FCD and use it for that future cruise. It is just an accounting method they use. Yes, they charge your credit card immediately when you get the FCD. They will use the card that you provided for the current onboard expenses or will use another one if you ask them. If you only want an FCD, fill out the form they provide and drop it in the future cruise director's mailbox. You can use the same form to purchase an FCD for you and your partner on the current cruise. You cannot buy an FCD for someone not on the current cruise.

Since you are from Canada you most likely want to book Cruises in $ Canadian. Therefore buy your FCD’s while onboard in CDN. You use the FCD as your deposit when you decide to book your next cruise. When you board the ship booked with the FCD you get free Onboard Credit for having done so.

The currency of the FCD determines the currency you will book the cruise in. I have had FCD’s changed from one currency to another in the past where it was beneficial to book in a currency other than that of my FCD’s however it can be a hassle to change after the fact and can take 24 hours. This can be a hinderance when you spot a screaming good deal and want it booked NOW. Since $ in the bank earns next to nothing lately we choose to keep extra in the Bank of Princess in the form of extra FCD’s.

We always keep three CDN FCD’s each and a couple of US$ FCD’s each to keep us covered for multiple back to back Cruises and/or changing exchange rates. Princess sets their Canadian exchange rate and let’s it run for awhile before reviewing and possibly adjusting it. They recently dropped it from 1.30 to 1.20 but the Canadian $ is slipping against the US$ again making 1.20 look pretty good at the moment.

AE_Collector

We also keep three Future Cruise Credit each in the Princess Cruise Bank. We always want them in Canadian dollars because the credit card we have which covers us for trip cancellation / interruption, etc. requires that all purchases be made in Canadian dollars. We love these especially for the Transatlantics and Transpacifics that we take as they are longer and we get more onboard credit. We like the fact that we can book way ahead of time for only $100 and can make changes as we go along. Please note that you can buy more than one per person on your sailings as well.

We also keep three Future Cruise Credit each in the Princess Cruise Bank. We always want them in Canadian dollars because the credit card we have which covers us for trip cancellation / interruption, etc. requires that all purchases be made in Canadian dollars. We love these especially for the Transatlantics and Transpacifics that we take as they are longer and we get more onboard credit. We like the fact that we can book way ahead of time for only $100 and can make changes as we go along. Please note that you can buy more than one per person on your sailings as well.

I thought you only got future cruise credit if Princess paid compensation or if you cancelled a cruise under certain circumstances?

Isn't what we are talking about here a future cruise deposit?

Thanks for all the info. So, what I am gathering is......you pay $100 for a future cruise, (which you have to take within 2 years?) and you get an OBC (amount depends on days of future cruise) for that cruise? That's basically the benefit of booking?

Thanks for all the info. So, what I am gathering is......you pay $100 for a future cruise, (which you have to take within 2 years?) and you get an OBC (amount depends on days of future cruise) for that cruise? That's basically the benefit of booking?

That pretty well sums up the offer. The $100 deposit has to be used to book a cruise within 2 years. If you do not use the FCD after 2 years, it will be refunded to you so no real risk of losing it. Normally a deposit for a cruise is more than $100 depending on the length and location of the cruise. Therefore one advantage is that you can book any cruise using the $100 FCD and pay the rest at the regular due date. It allows a smaller deposit.