St Kitts excursions

cycle

Will be in St Kitts Dec and would appreciate any recommendations for excursions.Was looking at RCI cataraman to Nevis

I am a critic of Royal Excursions and try to go to private ones when I can, but one of the better Royal Excursions I have done was this one. That was back in 2014 and knowing Royal it might not even be the same provider, but we did enjoy this one very much.

beached.jpg

1stbeer.jpg

Will be in St Kitts Dec and would appreciate any recommendations for excursions.Was looking at RCI cataraman to Nevis

We did the Fan Ta Sea last week and it was excellent. We all agreed that we would do it again next time in St. Kitts.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
We did the $55 Grand Tour which included beach time.

http://www.thenfordgreytours.com/the-grand-tour-of-st.-kitts.html

Would you be able to tell me more about the Grand Tour?

I'm particularly interested in the last of it as well. For those who opt to go to the beach, he takes them back to the cruise port, correct? If people choose to go shopping instead, do you know if they are responsible to get themselves back to the cruise port?

If you go to St Kitts, take a tour to Turtle Beach. Went there in 2006, had a great day there. Had the drunk monkeys and the pig on the beach. If you make to Nevis, hit Sunshines beach bar and get some Killer Bees. Had 2 and well........ that's all I remember. Had a few Caribe beers before that.

We enjoyed a wonderful tour of St. Kitts with Thenford Grey. He is very personable and quite knowledgeable. We were picked up right at the pier. We rode in a comfortable air conditioned van. He will put a message on the back window for you if you let him know in advance. A family on our tour was celebrating a college graduation. Our tour included a visit to a farmer's market, Romney Manor (a botanical garden) and Caribelle Batik (a factory and store specializing in Batik clothing), a worthwhile tour of the Brimstone Fortress (incredible views including of Nevis), a stop at Timothy Hill (views of both the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea), and a stop at a beach resort (optional lunch). You can stay at the resort to use the beach or Thenford will bring you back to the ship (which we did).

We will be booking a tour with him again when we return to St. Kitts.

Would you be able to tell me more about the Grand Tour?

I'm particularly interested in the last of it as well. For those who opt to go to the beach, he takes them back to the cruise port, correct? If people choose to go shopping instead, do you know if they are responsible to get themselves back to the cruise port?

We did go to the beach and yes, he took us back to the cruise port. Not sure about the shopping. However, we had some questions before we booked and emailed them. They were very responsive. The address is: thenang06@yahoo.com

We also used Thenford Grey and did the Grand Tour. Wonderful day, great tour, and he is very personable and professional.

On a subsequent trip, we took RC “A Day at Nevis” tour. Lunch was included and it was good. The waves were really cranking at the beach that day! You could not venture out too far in the water without getting jostled by the waves cresting, but it was still fun.

Either excursion is good, but if it’s your first visit to St Kitts, I would definitely recommend Thenford Grey Tours.

Thanks! I like the idea of a tour as we have never been to St. Kitts. We have booked with Thenford Grey because I keep reading so many recommendations from people and very good tripadvisor reports. Friends with us are worried that we won't get back to the ship on time but I have not seen a single review that suggests this may happen. Neither of our groups have taken a private tour before.