Doesn anyone have pics of new steakhouse menu items?

Keys2Heaven

Thanks for the fabulous photos! I hope the Miracle has the new menu in March.

I don't know about the Miracle, but I we're doing the Glory at the end of April and the manager of the steakhouse mentioned this to me in a recent email:

So far nothing official, just some rumors that it might be implemented in February. I will keep you posted on official news when I do get them.

I've heard that this is supposed to be rolled out fleet-wide by early 2018.

What is wagyu steak? Never heard of it I love steak but don't think I could eat the 18oz. And I like my steak with no pink. I know it has no flavor but that's how I like it.

Sent from my Z982 using Forums mobile app

Do you want the wikipedia answer?

Wagyu (和牛 Wagyū, "Japanese cow") is any of four Japanese breeds of beef cattle, the most desired of which is genetically predisposed to intense marbling and to producing a high percentage of oleaginous unsaturated fat. The meat from such wagyu cattle is known for its quality, and commands a high price.

In several areas of Japan, wagyu beef is shipped carrying area names. Some examples are Matsusaka beef, Kobe beef, Yonezawa beef, Mishima beef,[1] Ōmi beef, and Sanda beef.

As for the A5 designation, I found this: A5 is the highest grade given only to the finest beef.

If the new menu is in place on the Glory in April, I intend to get this for at least one of our steakhouse visits.

What is wagyu steak? Never heard of it I love steak but don't think I could eat the 18oz. And I like my steak with no pink. I know it has no flavor but that's how I like it.

Wagyu is beef raised using Kobe Beef techniques and stock. Essentially Kobe Beef raised outside of Hyogo prefecture.

The meat is distinct in appearance as it is heavily marbled. The fat has a lower melting point than other beef. Given the fat content it is very rich. 18oz would likely satisfy two or three people.

I've never eaten Kobe or Wagyu as a steak. I'm not sure it is really suited for steaks.

Wagyu is beef raised using Kobe Beef techniques and stock. Essentially Kobe Beef raised outside of Hyogo prefecture.

The meat is distinct in appearance as it is heavily marbled. The fat has a lower melting point than other beef. Given the fat content it is very rich. 18oz would likely satisfy two or three people.

I've never eaten Kobe or Wagyu as a steak. I'm not sure it is really suited for steaks.

I thought the Wagyu was 10oz?

Okay thank you. Not sure what I will order but, I am sure it's going to be great

This thread is not helping my anticipation for a cruise late in the year! That food looks scrumptious!

So to ask something, rather than just sitting here drooling:

I will undoubtedly have the Cheers! package, so I assume wines by the glass would be included in that.

How good are the wines by the glass? Do they have a good selection, or are they trying to drive you to buy whole bottles? The wines by glass in the MDR were just fine, but I'm hoping they are slightly better in the Steakhouse.

I'm not a wine snob per se, more like an X-Pensive Wino (thanks Keef!), but I do appreciate the more expensive wines out there, and if I can get a nice glass as part of the package, well, why not?!

OK, curiosity got the better of me, and with a little Google-Fu in my favor, I found some images posted online for Steakhouse list of Wine-by-the-glass. Some good selections there, will be curious if they change (or have already changed) when we cruise later this year...

• 2 weeks later...
That was me lol. I know you can't get more than one entrée, but seems you can get more than one appetizer, and I would imagine side too.

From other threads, I am to understand the cover charge is per entree, not guest. So, 2 people share one entree, it is $35. If you order 2 entrees, then it would be $70 for that one guest.

At least that's what I've read here on these forums. If this is incorrect, please advise.

Just wondering how one would find out which ships this has been rolled out on. I am siting here drooling...hoping its on the Miracle in Feb 2018. :)

This was the last communication I had with the steakhouse manager on the Glory earlier this month:

Greetings xxxxxx,

So far nothing official, just some rumors that it might be implemented in February. I will keep you posted on official news when I do get them :)

Best Regards

Vanja Lukic

Steakhouse Manager ,Carnival Glory

Carnival Cruise Line |