Tinsel Garland Used on Balcony Railing as Holiday Decoration?

julesbeara

For the record, we had our lights on our balcony at first, but were asked to bring them inside.

In all fairness, we were in one of the center deck 10 aft junior suites (Navigator of the Seas), which is like a cave, with almost no wind, and numerous decks of balconies that progessively stick out further below. Would be nearly impossible for something to fall into the water from this balcony.

Dan.a71656f02f1bba96611097107bdc3edb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Forums mobile app

Safety concern. At night the cruise ships turn off all the lights to hide from the pirates!

Wind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wind what? You've obviously never been in one of those two junior suites. They are like a cave with zero wind. They are very inset in the back of the ship.

Regardless, we moved them inside along the ceiling of our cabin and enjoyed them much more there anyway.

Dan.

Cute about the tree! ;)

I do the same thing. Gel stickers on inside of balcony door, outside cabin door decorations, and LED lights up in one area inside the cabin. Already have them packed. :cool:

Would never...ever...ever...leave anything out on the balcony during

sailing. I have hung a poster inside the railing while we are docked

at some ports however. Our "Loyal Royals" poster to annoy the other

cruise line passengers we are docked next to. ;p:D

The LED lights...do they plug in? Are they battery operated? Can you post a picture! I have very small light that are battery operated but would love more ideas on lights! Love the idea of the peel off stickers from a previous poster! I sail Norwegian dawn over Christmas and it’s our first Christmas away from home! Thanks for great tips! I also got a small tree and ornaments that is cute!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Safety concern. At night the cruise ships turn off all the lights to hide from the pirates!
Seriously? In the Caribbean? You've never been on your balcony at night and seen all the cruise ships you pass at night fully lit up? I can assure you that Royal Caribbean (at least in the Caribbean) does not shut all exterior lights off at night. [emoji12]

Dan.

Seriously? In the Caribbean? You've never been on your balcony at night and seen all the cruise ships you pass at night fully lit up? I can assure you that Royal Caribbean (at least in the Caribbean) does not shut all exterior lights off at night. [emoji12]

Dan.

You´ve never heard about Pirates of the Caribbean? ;p;p;p

The LED lights...do they plug in? Are they battery operated? Can you post a picture! I have very small light that are battery operated but would love more ideas on lights! Love the idea of the peel off stickers from a previous poster! I sail Norwegian dawn over Christmas and it’s our first Christmas away from home! Thanks for great tips! I also got a small tree and ornaments that is cute!

Unfortunately I still have not figured out how to post pics on CC...but have one member that has offered to show me some day.

Yes, the LED lights we have plug in. Was told by one cabin attendant we could not have them, until I asked her to touch the lights. They don't heat up. She approved and enjoyed them also. I run them over the desk area inside the cabin, and have them packed right now for our upcoming cruise.

Dan.

Maybe I am the only one that realized that post was a joke. ;) Arrggg...me mateys! :D

Unfortunately I still have not figured out how to post pics on CC...but have one member that has offered to show me some day.

Yes, the LED lights we have plug in. Was told by one cabin attendant we could not have them, until I asked her to touch the lights. They don't heat up. She approved and enjoyed them also. I run them over the desk area inside the cabin, and have them packed right now for our upcoming cruise.

Thank you!!!! Anything else you think of please share!!! Great advice!!

I have used solar power lights for years - zip tie to railing - never a problem - just remember to bring scissors to cut them off at the end of the cruise

Thank you!!!! Anything else you think of please share!!! Great advice!!

OK...here is one:

Did you know that not just the entry door and ceiling, but all the walls are metal, which means you can use magnets on them? I love using those magnets we pick up on the islands and in the ship's gift store to hold invitations, notes, pictures etc. ;)

I have used solar power lights for years - zip tie to railing - never a problem - just remember to bring scissors to cut them off at the end of the cruise

May want to read through this whole thread about hanging things on the railing or anything left on the balcony?

May want to read through this whole thread about hanging things on the railing or anything left on the balcony?

What's your point? Have you ever looked at the balconies when coming back from a day on the islands - you see lights various country flags - all kinds of fun items

What's your point? Have you ever looked at the balconies when coming back from a day on the islands - you see lights various country flags - all kinds of fun items

My point is...have you read this whole thread?

I myself like to hang a poster on our balcony inside of the railing while we are docked, but when we push off the dock and are at sea....you are required to keep things off your balcony due to winds that can come up suddenly. Enough litter is floating around in our sea. :rolleyes:

And have I ever looked....oh gosh...no...I rarely ever cruise. :D

My point is...have you read this whole thread?

I myself like to hang a poster on our balcony inside of the railing while we are docked, but when we push off the dock and are at sea....you are required to keep things off your balcony due to winds that can come up suddenly. Enough litter is floating around in our sea. :rolleyes:

And have I ever looked....oh gosh...no...I rarely ever cruise. :D

Agreed. Tying stuff to the balcony railing is not a good plan. I'll bring a strand of LED lights for our cabin too.

OK...here is one:

Did you know that not just the entry door and ceiling, but all the walls are metal, which means you can use magnets on them? I love using those magnets we pick up on the islands and in the ship's gift store to hold invitations, notes, pictures etc. ;)

That’s awesome!! Can you tell me where I would buy magnets? Like the idea of hanging garland in our suite!! Like can you get hook magnets? For 20 plus years we have had a glass refrigerator so I don’t even have magnets on my fridge! But such a silly question but where do you get those type of magnets?

And what part of don't leave anything on the balcony do you feel doesn't apply to you? What makes you so special? As for others who persist in hanging things - well, as my mother used to say when I'd tell her all the other kids were doing something - if they all jumped off a cliff, would you follow?

I have read threads here about hammocks and was considering getting one for my next cruise. I don't want to break the rules though, would a hammock be considered in the same category as something hanging on the balcony? Has anyone been told to take it down?

That’s awesome!! Can you tell me where I would buy magnets? Like the idea of hanging garland in our suite!! Like can you get hook magnets? For 20 plus years we have had a glass refrigerator so I don’t even have magnets on my fridge! But such a silly question but where do you get those type of magnets?

I would check the dollar store first, then Amazon. Dollar tree carries really cute large fridge door magnets for cabin doors. I have to dig out the magnetic Christmas tree for our cruise in a few weeks.

Agreed. Tying stuff to the balcony railing is not a good plan. I'll bring a strand of LED lights for our cabin too.

I like the idea one poster had (and the great photo shared) of the ceiling magnet hooks to run the lights out on. I have some packed now. :)

I love collecting "fridge magnets" from the various islands we visit. Each one has the name of the island or port. I also buy the magnets in the ship's gift shop that has the ship's name and some are great that have clips on them to hold notes.

For the ceiling, I have large hook magnets for hanging misc. things to dry, and smaller ones for light things. Those I buy on Amazon.

I have a large collection of little "fish" magnets that I put on the exterior of our door....putting out one for each sea day. ;) Always sad to see fish #7 go out on a week long cruise. :(

And what part of don't leave anything on the balcony do you feel doesn't apply to you? What makes you so special? As for others who persist in hanging things - well, as my mother used to say when I'd tell her all the other kids were doing something - if they all jumped off a cliff, would you follow?

Thank you...very well said. ;)

I have read threads here about hammocks and was considering getting one for my next cruise. I don't want to break the rules though, would a hammock be considered in the same category as something hanging on the balcony? Has anyone been told to take it down?

I don't use them, but I do see those on hanging on the really large and deep aft balconies, far from the railing.

I think they allow those. I wouldn't use one on a shallow balcony though of course.

I would check the dollar store first, then Amazon. Dollar tree carries really cute large fridge door magnets for cabin doors. I have to dig out the magnetic Christmas tree for our cruise in a few weeks.

I have found those hook magnets in Walmart also, but not the large ones

I was looking for. They seem pretty popular lately.

I have found those hook magnets in Walmart also, but not the large ones

I was looking for. They seem pretty popular lately.

I seriously can't thank you all enough!! Amazon - dollar store and Walmart!!!!! Yayyyyyyyy!! My search begins[emoji319][emoji319][emoji319][emoji319][emoji319]

Sent from my iPad using Forums