Crown docking location upon return 11/26

sherman931

Does anyone know which berth the Crown will be returning to on her 11/18 - 11/26 cruise. I know she is leaving from Terminal 2.

Thanks

My don't believe it will be pier 2. The Regal Princess will be there with it's new medallion service. It could be pier 4 or one of the mid-port piers. Actual pier assignments are posted 7 days in advance on the Port Everglades web site, but this may not help you.

Thanks Sknight,

Aware of the Port Everglades web sight. And, as you said only goes out 7 Days. I had called Princess and they told me pier 2. I agree with you that's not likely due to Regal. Trying to decide to drive to the port or take car service and avoid hassle of having car at different garage.

Can you walk between 2 and 4, or is a shuttle needed?

Its an easy walk - they are right next door to each other. My concern would be that you will be at terminal 21 like we were last week when we arrived on the Royal Princess and another time on the Emerald Princess and the Regal was at terminal 2. Last week another cruise line had a ship at terminal 4; I don't remember if there was ship at terminal 4 on the Emerald Princess cruise.

On another cruise (can't remember which ship) we left from terminal 21 and returned to terminal 2. In that case, Princess ran a free shuttle back to the midport parking garage. Check with the passenger service desk during the cruise if 1) a shuttle will be offered and 2) if it requires disembarkation at a certain time (in our case it didn't; the shuttle was just making the round trip continuously and we only waited about 5 minutes).

Like you, we drive to the port and have traditionally parked at the port. The last several cruises, we have used the park and go lot...it is only $9/day if you pay in advance (compared to $15 at the port), and their operation is incredibly efficient. We drive to the port, drop our luggage off, and then go to the Park and Go lot. Depending on how busy the port is, they have dedicated shuttles to each ship. When your cruise returns, you call them to meet you at a set time, and they drop you off right at your car and help with your luggage. I was so impressed the first time we used them, we always use them now. The website is bookparkngo dot com. Hope this helps.

Its an easy walk - they are right next door to each other. My concern would be that you will be at terminal 21 like we were last week when we arrived on the Royal Princess and another time on the Emerald Princess and the Regal was at terminal 2. Last week another cruise line had a ship at terminal 4; I don't remember if there was ship at terminal 4 on the Emerald Princess cruise.

On another cruise (can't remember which ship) we left from terminal 21 and returned to terminal 2. In that case, Princess ran a free shuttle back to the midport parking garage. Check with the passenger service desk during the cruise if 1) a shuttle will be offered and 2) if it requires disembarkation at a certain time (in our case it didn't; the shuttle was just making the round trip continuously and we only waited about 5 minutes).

When we boarded the Crown early this year, 3 of 7 ships docked at PE were Princess. Regal at Terminal 2, while the CB and Crown where in other terminals.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums