MSC Divina Upgrade to YC

daff0dil

1 hour ago, sverigecruiser said:

I finally found this old thread, on page 157!

Well done, SC!  I tried a search for it when Nikki got upgraded because I remembered there were reports from some who'd been refused the perks.  There's no way I would have waded thru' 157 pages to find it, though!

• Like 1

On 6/28/2019 at 1:40 AM, sverigecruiser said:

The thread inform us that it's possible to be upgraded to the YC without getting all the perks.

This thread informs us that only ONE person reports an upgrade to YC without all perks while multiple others contradict the same claim. Unfortunately  Kodie64, has minimal- if any credibility. With only 5 total posts on cruise critic all related to the YC upgrade topic. Doesn’t pass the smell test for me. 

3 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Unfortunately  Kodie64, has minimal- if any credibility. With only 5 total posts on cruise critic all related to the YC upgrade topic. Doesn’t pass the smell test for me.

You're coming off as a little elitist.  I've seen more significant/breaking news posted by CC newcomers than 90 percent of the "Club" members.  Take Valkyrie, new poster and only in one thread yet has provided more information on the new bid process than anyone else here.

20 minutes ago, Até said:

You're coming off as a little elitist.  I've seen more significant/breaking news posted by CC newcomers than 90 percent of the "Club" members.  Take Valkyrie, new poster and only in one thread yet has provided more information on the new bid process than anyone else here.

I can understand how you could describe it as elitist. I tend to think “suspicious” is the better adjective.  In my perspective, there isn’t a single reliable posting that contradicts YC perks coming with YC upgrade. 

7 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

This thread informs us that only ONE person reports an upgrade to YC without all perks while multiple others contradict the same claim. Unfortunately  Kodie64, has minimal- if any credibility. With only 5 total posts on cruise critic all related to the YC upgrade topic. Doesn’t pass the smell test for me. 

But one person is enough to show us that it can be done and has been done.

We have no reason to assume that Kodie64 wasn't telling the truth.

• Like 1

It would have been interesting a couple of days in if they had asked to see our card! Th first couple of days we had the Yacht Club card but when we had problems getting a drink in other parts of the ship because of the drink code being incorrect we were changed to a regular black card showing the deluxe drink code.

2 hours ago, nikkiw60 said:

It would have been interesting a couple of days in if they had asked to see our card! Th first couple of days we had the Yacht Club card but when we had problems getting a drink in other parts of the ship because of the drink code being incorrect we were changed to a regular black card showing the deluxe drink code.

We've upgraded to Prem+ for our next 2 YC sailings.  I'm wondering if we'll be in the same situation with them adding the relevant codes to a YC card.

On our New year Divina sailing the Black cards had an issue with the metal strip and refused to work, new ones issues did the same so they issued classic cards to people with the word Black printed on them.

3 minutes ago, sidari said:

On our New year Divina sailing the Black cards had an issue with the metal strip and refused to work, new ones issues did the same so they issued classic cards to people with the word Black printed on them.

I wonder what colour the new 'Diamond' cards will be - white???  🙄  🙁

42 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

We've upgraded to Prem+ for our next 2 YC sailings.  I'm wondering if we'll be in the same situation with them adding the relevant codes to a YC card.

If you remember our card only showed the water package code!

4 minutes ago, nikkiw60 said:

If you remember our card only showed the water package code!

You were in a unique situation, too, as you'd paid for the Deluxe package, whereas YC only includes Premium now (even if it was booked when Deluxe was included).  The system onboard may still not be set up to add a drinks code to a YC card as it's only been possible to upgrade since the introduction of the new packages.

(Odd that the water package code was showing lol).

On 6/30/2019 at 8:19 AM, sverigecruiser said:

But one person is enough to show us that it can be done and has been done.

We have no reason to assume that Kodie64 wasn't telling the truth.

Thank you for trusting me. I really don't see why I should be lying about the situation. The reason that I am not a frequent poster on these boards is that I don't consider myself an expert in cruising. Only in this case I thought I could contribute.  Maybe I wasn't clear enough that the initial upgrade was free of charge.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Kodie64 said:

Thank you for trusting me. I really don't see why I should be lying about the situation. The reason that I am not a frequent poster on these boards is that I don't consider myself an expert in cruising. Only in this case I thought I could contribute.  Maybe I wasn't clear enough that the initial upgrade was free of charge.

Just what I thought, why should you lie about it? I also felt that there were no room for missunderstandings in what you wrote.

It's not relevant if your upgrade was free. I only said that restrictions can be done and that they have restricted access to for example the Top Sail Lounge for upgraded guests before, as you confirmed both then and now.

I still think that the OP in the other thread will get the whole experience.

On 7/1/2019 at 6:42 AM, Kodie64 said:

Thank you for revisiting this thread and please accept my sincere apologies. Clearly my suspicion was unwarranted in this case.

In this thread, we now have one confirmed where MSC upgraded passengers to YC and did not offering the perks free. We have an additional confirmation in the 'beware' thread. That makes two. Both cruises were med sailings way back in 2017. Both cases asked passengers to pay an additional 35 pp/pd for YC perks. Still a fantastic 'deal' imo. 

On 6/30/2019 at 10:45 AM, Beamafar said:

You were in a unique situation, too, as you'd paid for the Deluxe package, whereas YC only includes Premium now (even if it was booked when Deluxe was included).  The system onboard may still not be set up to add a drinks code to a YC card as it's only been possible to upgrade since the introduction of the new packages.

(Odd that the water package code was showing lol).

Bea, how did you manage to upgrade your drinks package to premium plus in YC.  Having asked our TA to see if they could get a price for the upgrade to premium plus on Seaview the same week you are on was told it couldn't be upgraded as YC had the highest package!

Hi Simon!  I began a thread because of this.  See what the OP states:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2652145-what-drinks-package-is-included-in-yc/

Here was the response from the German TA we booked with for our Seaview sailing when I had requested the upgrade:

Dear Ms Bea, dear Mr. Bea,

we would like to inform you, that we have add the Upgrade from the All 
Inclusive Beverage Package Premium to the All Inclusive Beverage Package 
Premium Plus to your booking.

We're paying €112 pp for the upgrade.  Here's what's showing on the MSC booking confirmation (which our German TA kindly sent):

1157664585_ScreenShot2019-07-04at12_24_44.png.562009a2e9f02f4fb2393edcde65f154.png

Here was the original response to the request to upgrade on Meraviglia later in the year from MSC for our direct booking with MSC UK:

Good Afternoon,
Thank you for your email.
Please be advised that the cost to upgrade to Premium Plus drinks package would be £1702.00 in total for 2

The quote from the UK office was based on the difference in price between Easy and PremiumPlus so I queried this and got the following reply from a different person:

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your email.

The Yacht Club does not include a specific drink package, but it offers a premium F&B experience, within and outside of the Yacht Club area. Guests can enjoy complimentary drinks with premium brands included, while the top-shelf connoisseurs’ selection is on
 payment within and outside of the Yacht Club. A complimentary premium beverage selection is offered in all onboard bars and restaurants, according to the drink selections available in the different venues.

Should you like to benefit of the connoisseurs selection of spirits, then a upgrade to our Premium Plus Package is required:

- 14.00 EUROs per person/day = 322.00 EUROs per person/day x 2 = 644.00 EUROs total.

The price difference in the above reflects the difference between Premium and PremiumPlus! (That's for a 23 night cruise).  They really don't have a clue!

Feel free to quote either or both of those responses when following up with your TA.

Edited by Beamafar

On 7/3/2019 at 5:03 PM, BermudaBound2014 said:

Thank you for revisiting this thread and please accept my sincere apologies. Clearly my suspicion was unwarranted in this case.

In this thread, we now have one confirmed where MSC upgraded passengers to YC and did not offering the perks free. We have an additional confirmation in the 'beware' thread. That makes two. Both cruises were med sailings way back in 2017. Both cases asked passengers to pay an additional 35 pp/pd for YC perks. Still a fantastic 'deal' imo. 

Thank you, apologies accepted. I agree that it was a fantastic deal😊.

• Like 1