What Area For Hotels Near Miami Cruise Port

bwelborn

We are flying in late evening to Miami and figured that we would head north on 95 towards the port and get a hotel for the night. Can't figure out what would be the best area as I'm not familiar with Miami at all. I don't want to end up a rough part of town. We will have to do dinner somewhere so it would be nice to have good options close by.

Ok, maybe this is the problem. I google mapped "miami cruise port" and it shows halfway between FLL and MIA. I couldn't figure out why I was seeing everyone recommending staying near downtown MIA for easy access to the cruise port. I apparently am looking at the wrong "cruise port" on the map.

I stayed at the InterVontinental Hotel in Miami and it was very nice. The room was clean and very large. Rooms on the bay side have a view of the cruise port. It is within walking distance of several restaurants, a marketplace, and stores. If you stay there and are interested in their buffet breakfast, it is a lot cheaper to book the breakfast as a special add on when booking the room. I have AAA and got a great deal.

If you stay in this area, then you may want to look into any events at the same time. There was a nearby concert the night we stayed at the hotel and the music was very load. It didn't bother us, but it's something to keep in mind. Also, I have read about other events where the streets could be blocked during certain hours for an event. I really liked the area and enjoyed staying there.

We are staying at South Beach for two nights for our Feb cruise. It’s pricey but on the ocean.

For a late night one night stay you might be better getting a hotel out by the airport. Better bang for your buck for an 10-12 hour stay. 10-15 minute cab or Uber ride to the port.

Ok, maybe this is the problem. I google mapped "miami cruise port" and it shows halfway between FLL and MIA. I couldn't figure out why I was seeing everyone recommending staying near downtown MIA for easy access to the cruise port. I apparently am looking at the wrong "cruise port" on the map.

Still confused. If you are flying to Miami Airport you are very close to Downtown Miami.

I would just get a hotel in downtown Miami.

There are lots of hotels and not knowing your price point here are some:

Intercontinental

Marriott Marquis

Hampton Inn (nice breakfast but not a full service hotel)

JW Marriott

Higher Prices.

Four Seasons

Epic Hotel.

Keith

We are staying at South Beach for two nights for our Feb cruise. It’s pricey but on the ocean.

For a late night one night stay you might be better getting a hotel out by the airport. Better bang for your buck for an 10-12 hour stay. 10-15 minute cab or Uber ride to the port.

South Beach for an "interesting" experience. Try the Blue Moon Hotel (a Marriott "Autograph Collection" hotel) there. If you want Miami proper and close to the port, try the Intercontinental.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

South Beach for an "interesting" experience. Try the Blue Moon Hotel (a Marriott "Autograph Collection" hotel) there. If you want Miami proper and close to the port, try the Intercontinental.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Staying at Stanton Marriott. Booked for two nights a year ago. It’s way pricey, but finally able to put rewards points to use.

So cruising our of Port of Miami and now I do see where it is located! So I guess a downtown hotel?

What time do you arrive ?

That may have some bearing on the hotel location

We have a late arrival 9:30 pm ( thanks AA) so no need to go out for a meal just crash for the night

If you need to get a meal I would stay downtown if not maybe a hotel near the airport will work for you

JMO

Arriving late and just want a room? Check out hotels in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA -- Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, etc. All offer free airport shuttles and there is a local strip mall nearby (across the street from the Hampton Inn) with shopping options for last minute cruise supplies - grocery, drug and liquor store :cool:

If a shuttle to POM is not included a taxi will run about $30 or you can Uber/Lyft for under $20