What should I book ahead of time on the Oasis

gus617

The only thing I would book in advance would be the comedy show. Even though we saw people in the standby line get in when we went. Otherwise, it's vacation I never plan that far in advance and after three cruises (Oasis - Allure - Oasis) I don't think we missed out.

Do not understand...have to book entertainment each night???? Other cruise lines you just go to the event.

What else do you have to plan?

Some events are first come, first served. But for the very popular events, show reservations are the price for sailing with 6000 of your closest friends. If the theater can only hold 1800 guests, they need more than the traditional 2 performances per evening to allow all the guests to see that show. The comedy venue is much smaller, so has many more performances of the same two comedians.

Are you by chance in a Grand Suite or higher? If so, you don't need to book anything as there is a suite section at each show.

Otherwise, I alway book all shows. You can show up at a different show if you want, but if you book them, you can get a good seat. IMHO the Comedy show is a must to book. Very small venue.

Are you by chance in a Grand Suite or higher? If so, you don't need to book anything as there is a suite section at each show.

Otherwise, I alway book all shows. You can show up at a different show if you want, but if you book them, you can get a good seat. IMHO the Comedy show is a must to book. Very small venue.

Even in a Grand Suites, I'd reserve the comedy show ahead of time. I believe the only people that can have reserved seats at the comedy show are in Star Class suites.

I book all the shows and plan my evenings around these bookings once on board the ship. I don't have to stick to the bookings but at least there are guaranteed slots when I don't have to line up in stand by.

I don't tend to book anything else like dinning ahead of time but here I am prepared to be flexible. If I can't get a slot in MDR then I go and eat somewhere else.

Book everything you can, then plan your meals around it.

Or do MDR and don't worry about it. Other than the Comedy Club.

JC

That's the tough part since the entertainment is usually not available for booking until well after the dining room reservations can be made.

In the end it's all good.:)

Bill

You can still show up to the events. Book the shows when you think you are likely to want to go. If you don't use your reservation, it doesn't matter. No charge or anything. You can also show up stand by. But you'll be let in after all the reservations.

As others said, you'll almost certainly need a reservation for the comedy, but otherwise you are likely to get a seat in stand by.

But simply, if you would rather wait in standby and get whatever seat you can like other ships - you can certainly do that. Why you wouldn't book a free reservation and get hassle free excellent seating... I have no idea. I book via cruise planner before we go. You can also book using your TV in your stateroom if you prefer to wait.