Princess Removed OM Designation on Website ...

pms4104

I am now booked on the Regal for January 21. I did not book because of the Ocean Medallion. I did book because the Inside Cabin was $99.

I received an upgrade to Category 1B and now have a Cabin assignment. How do I know if it is an Ocean Medallion room?

Thanks

We’re (2 couples) on the Regal leaving 4/15 on a 25 day TA which includes the Baltic! Booked a year out and were so excited about the *****..... we’re on deck 15....is ***** working anywhere? Haven’t heard a word from Princess....looking for Big OBC since this was to be up and running in November (?)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Assuming your wife frequently checks her phone frequently for any new princess-at-sea messages,

as there are no notifications...

I don't think most people would want to be bothered to do that.

My wife turns off her volume to play her card games so it wouldn't make much difference anyhow. :rolleyes:

Supposedly with the ***** I'll be able to find her.

We’re (2 couples) on the Regal leaving 4/15 on a 25 day TA which includes the Baltic! Booked a year out and were so excited about the *****..... we’re on deck 15....is ***** working anywhere?

It's working in some cabins/public areas but slow progress. The initial set of cabins in the trial did include Marina deck (15) forward cabins 201-238. If more progress made then could be extended to more cabins by your TA.

Sandra

It's working in some cabins/public areas but slow progress. The initial set of cabins in the trial did include Marina deck (15) forward cabins 201-238. If more progress made then could be extended to more cabins by your TA.

Sandra

Lol.....we’re in 209! Thanks a lot for the info!!

We’re (2 couples) on the Regal leaving 4/15 on a 25 day TA which includes the Baltic! Booked a year out and were so excited about the *****..... we’re on deck 15....is ***** working anywhere? Haven’t heard a word from Princess....looking for Big OBC since this was to be up and running in November (?)

I believe that the Regal is the only ship that has the Medallion working at this time. They had 110 cabins using the system and to the best of my knowledge, that is still the number that are working. Forget about "Big OBC" as I believe that the Medallion Cruise heading has been taken off of all the cruises now and they only show "Medallion Preview." and not Medallion Cruise.

Tom

I just looked, andvout cruise says Ocean Medallion Vacation.....maybe since the Regal is the first to be *****, they’re concentrating on getting just that one shipbup and running!! Since our cabin is one that’s using the *****, I know there’ll be no ONC...lol! Thanks for responding.

• 1 month later...

It would seem that as long as even one cabin on a ship has a functioning ***** device, they consider it to be an Ocean Medallion Voyage. They don’t care how many don’t have it as long as one does.

An Ocean Medallion Voyage does not mean you get it.

Princess announced a month or so ago that the ***** rollout was going slower than expected. They are installing it on SOME Regal cabins and areas and have delayed all Royal ***** rollouts until they get things worked out on the Regal. As far as I know, no further ***** rollouts have been scheduled.

Princess announced a month or so ago that the ***** rollout was going slower than expected. They are installing it on SOME Regal cabins and areas and have delayed all Royal ***** rollouts until they get things worked out on the Regal. As far as I know, no further ***** rollouts have been scheduled.

Yeah they removed the timeline of deployment for each ship that was on their site previously. They might have been a bit hasty in that regard.

I'm booked on the March 18 Circle Caribbean on Caribbean Princess. I just looked at the cruise (did a regular search for cruises on the Princess site) and it is still showing the blue "Ocean Medallion Vacation" banner. I certainly hope that doesn't change as I am looking forward to trying the new system.

I also notice that the cheapest balcony is now $1,100 more per person than the price we booked. We also booked under the Sip and Sail promo so not only is our balcony costing $2,200 less we also have the PBP. Holy cow!

We're on the March 18 cruise on Caribbean. No *****, no mention, no emblem. It's a complete delete as far as the Caribbean Princess is concerned. It would have been fun trying it, but the elimination of Happy Hour is more disappointing to us! :cool:

When I read something like this I always wonder who and how said announcement(s) are made. They have certainly not made any such announcement to the people sailing 18/04/15, a sailing still being promoted and sold as an “Ocean Medallion Vacation”, and not a “Preview” on the Princess website.