Princess Removed OM Designation on Website ...

pms4104

Like I said, obtuse. Nothing in the hype indicates its use as a passenger to passenger locator. Would your wife's position show up your phone like on Harry Potter's magic map or what?

And wouldn't your wrongly being charged for a drink be the waiter's fault or else a glitch in the simpler present technology? What would the ***** do to remedy that?

I've been reading several threads regarding the ***** fiasco, here's my opinion: Enjoy your cruise, if you booked it just because of the ***** program and you're butt hurt now too bad so sad, we've booked a couple of cruises that are designated as ***** but we could care less about the program, when it works it will still not influence our decision on which cruise we take. We book cruises for the itinerary vs technology.

OK, maybe I'm just plain obtuse, but I still don't understand the appeal of the *****. Sure, maybe you won't have to tell the bartender you want a G&T, but is still having to do that a reason to cancel a cruise? Really?

:confused:I am with you, I don't understand the appeal either. I wish Princess had finished the installation of the interactive/on-demand TV's instead.

we've booked a couple of cruises that are designated as ***** but we could care less about the program.

But you're reading and replying to a thread about Ocean Medallion?

So, technically, you're right "you could care less", as you are not at your lowest possible

level of caring.

:confused:I am with you, I don't understand the appeal either. I wish Princess had finished the installation of the interactive/on-demand TV's instead.

I just wish they'd reprogram the hellishly frustrating elevators.

I looked and Princess indeed mentions locating other pax with the *****, but a majority of the features just expedite spending more money. (Like that's a surprise.) Couldn't they have spent a teensy bit of the millions spent on ***** to bring back the parmesan bowl?

Hi all...just a further update...I spoke with someone in Customer Relations, and it was explained to me in a way that made sense, that the Royal was the next one due for the roll out, so all dates were pulled. This was done so as not to create some of the disappointment that has been caused by the technical difficulties with rollout. If the next ship in line is not ready...then they may pull it's dates as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Thank you for the update vclst! Maybe there’s hope they might have the ***** issues resolved by our sailing.

Sailing the Royal/Transatlantic in mid April. I received an email from Princess yesterday regarding the *****:

The creation of Ocean Medallion Vacations is an all-encompassing project that is currently being activated onboard another Princess ship. We had hoped to have it launched in time for your cruise aboard Royal Princess. However, we have identified refinements and enhancements that require more time for us to fully realize our aspirations to elevate the guest experience by way of this new technology. We hope you’ll experience Ocean Medallion on a future cruise with Princess. We apologize for any disappointment this news may cause for you.

So is Princess giving pax booked on ***** advertised cruises, i.e. Royal - ***** rollout from January 2018, compensation - obc? Due to ***** not available.:halo:

Surely not, as if they give compo to one, they have to give it to everyone.

BTW the ***** does not excite me, load of baloney.

So is Princess giving pax booked on ***** advertised cruises, i.e. Royal - ***** rollout from January 2018, compensation - obc? Due to ***** not available.:halo:

Surely not, as if they give compo to one, they have to give it to everyone.

BTW the ***** does not excite me, load of baloney.

Whether I was super-disappointed or just ambivalent, I'd certainly want to act disappointed if it got me OBC. :hearteyes:

Nope. The first Medallion cruise for Caribbean Princess was always scheduled for March 18, 2018. I knew we were taking our chances as far as the crew and ship being ready for the Medallion but we (or at least "I") have been really looking forward to trying it out.

Good luck Thrak!!! Play the Lottery I think you will have a better chance.

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

We are sailing on the Royal for 20 days this February 2018. We have yet to receive an email about the ***** being removed from our sailing. We made final payment on December 5. Only discovered the removal of the ***** after reading here on CC. I phoned Princess today and advised them that we were very disappointed that the ***** has been removed from our sailing and it would appear it was removed around our final payment date and that we have not received any notice of the removal. What we are most disappointed about it that the ***** was removed around final payment date whiteout notice and that now we will lose the higher speed unlimited WiFi that came with the *****. My hubby has to have the ability to do some work while away so the unlimited faster WiFi has a huge advance to this cruise. After a bit of time on hold the agent offered $150.00 per passenger OBC which appeared in my booking immediately. It pays to follow along on CC. Thanks.

We are sailing on the Royal for 20 days this February 2018. We have yet to receive an email about the ***** being removed from our sailing. We made final payment on December 5. Only discovered the removal of the ***** after reading here on CC. I phoned Princess today and advised them that we were very disappointed that the ***** has been removed from our sailing and it would appear it was removed around our final payment date and that we have not received any notice of the removal. What we are most disappointed about it that the ***** was removed around final payment date whiteout notice and that now we will lose the higher speed unlimited WiFi that came with the *****. My hubby has to have the ability to do some work while away so the unlimited faster WiFi has a huge advance to this cruise. After a bit of time on hold the agent offered $150.00 per passenger OBC which appeared in my booking immediately. It pays to follow along on CC. Thanks.

We are also sailing again on the Royal, 18 Feb, 10 days. Had our TA make the call to Princess to get 100 pp OBC for no *****. I don’t like the fact that it takes a call to Princess, because it should be automatic. On the other hand I will chase $200 in total OBC.

We are also sailing again on the Royal, 18 Feb, 10 days. Had our TA make the call to Princess to get 100 pp OBC for no *****. I don’t like the fact that it takes a call to Princess, because it should be automatic. On the other hand I will chase $200 in total OBC.

I don't think it should be automatic. If there is a lower fare out there, should you automatically get that lower fare without asking? And FWIW, I've read numerous posts by people that have no interest in *****. Should they automatically get an OBC? Now if the fare was boosted for ***** costs, there may be a point, but from what I have seen on fares, this was not the case.

I am now booked on the Regal for January 21. I did not book because of the Ocean Medallion. I did book because the Inside Cabin was $99.

I received an upgrade to Category 1B and now have a Cabin assignment. How do I know if it is an Ocean Medallion room?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

The Royal also got the screens installed outside each cabin during that dry dock too. A gold plate covered it up, and it is still a gold plate.

I am on royal now.

This is the second cabin I have had on caribe deck since November.

There are no screens outside any cabins on caribe that I have walked by.

No cover plates. Nada.

There is something that looks like an access point in the cabin, but it is non functional.

I still have to open the cabin door to get useable wifi.

I suppose for completeness, I could check other decks, but it's Ocean not ready,

despite your blog.

I just made the final payment on my Circle Caribbean cruise on the Carribbean Princess on 18 March 2018. According to the Princess website, it is still listed as "Ocean Medallion Vacation", so they have not changed the schedule on that ship yet.

The designation is no longer on the website. (We're on the same cruise.) ***** will not be on that cruise. However, no email from Princess regarding that, as it isn't one of the first ships. I think they are just quietly dropping it for now. (If not permanently.)

This is a small example of the things I look forward to with the Medallion. On a recent 28 day cruise there were several times when I went up to Adagio to find my wife. She had gone to the Knitters and Natters meeting. As I was heading up there she was on her way back to the cabin. With the Medallion I wouldn't have wasted my time checking the place she had recently vacated. I also went to find her at the aft pool and she had just left so, again, we crossed paths. It's not a huge deal but there would have been no issue at all had I been able to check if she was still in a certain location or had already left.

Several times in the Princess Theater we were waiting for the show while reading. I tried (and only sometimes succeeded) to flag down a waiter for a drink. The few times I was successful I ended up having to go to passenger services to have the charge remove as I had the beverage package and shouldn't have been charged. In theory, with the Medallion I could have simply ordered the drink from my seat without having to stand up and wildly wave my arms in an attempt to attract the attention of the wait staff. Also, theoretically, I wouldn't have been charged which would have avoided the trips to passenger services to have the improper charge removed.

As for finding your wife, you can easily do that with the princess at sea app. Just send a fast text and you found her. I used it a lot. I’m not sure that ***** has the ability to track. There was some discussion about privacy issues. But I’m not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As for finding your wife, you can easily do that with the princess at sea app.

Assuming your wife frequently checks her phone frequently for any new princess-at-sea messages,

as there are no notifications...

I don't think most people would want to be bothered to do that.