Norwegian Dawn 3 bedroom garden villa - noise from pool area

Jruns

Can anyone tell me if the garden villa (especially the living room / dining room is noisy? I was watching a video and I could clearly hear the outdoor band playing at the Oasis pool as the video was being taken? I read rave reviews and have never read a complaint on noise but the windows all look down on the pool......is it soundproof?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For the DAWN:

I have visited the tenants of these quarters but never while the band played on.

The location is two decks above the pool area and semi sheltered/buffered by the

jogging track on deck 13. Never heard anything out of the ordinary.

Now to be fair this was on a New England Canada cruise while at sea and where

the pool area is not a prime attraction like the hot tubs.

On these northern cruises there is not a lot of band activity except for the sail-away

party and any other such activity would be in daylight hours.

Take a cruise to the southern or western Caribbean and there would be more outdoor

deck activity - Alaska would be the same as Canada New England.

Virtually any where on any ship if the music is cranked up the noise can be a problem

especially the closer to the source.

In any event you no like the music - you do have your own player piano to chart a new

course and theme direction to march to a different drummer.

I don't think you are going to have a problem - enjoy the finest accommodations that

can be provided in your Garden Villa stateroom.

We have stayed in the GV on the Star, which is the sister ship to the Dawn. We never heard anything from the living room in the day, but did hear the music one night from the master bedroom. I believe it was the white hot party night out at the pool. You could feel the boom of the base. It was not a huge deal, but you could definitely hear it.

We also stayed in the GV on the Dawn. We could hear the music from the pool deck when the band was playing. Truth be told, it was fun to watch the sun worshippers and beer-by-the-bucket partiers on the pool deck from the serenity of our living room. While we could hear the music, it was not a distraction because we spent the majority of our time on our own hot tub deck and sun deck. The hot tub/outdoor dining deck is usually quiet. You can hear people playing basketball on the sports court sometimes. The upper sun deck can be noisy if there is a party on the pool deck, but it's relatively quiet if you move to the aft portion of the sundeck. Since the sundeck is huge, this was quite easy to do. We did not consider the pool deck parties to be a distraction. You will have an amazing time in this gorgeous suite. Enjoy.

We were on the port side GV on the Dawn the week of Thanksgiving 2017. The windows facing the pool are not soundproof. When the band is playing or during the outside White Hot party, you will hear all of the music, not just the bass beat while you are inside the living room. It caused us NO issues. Great space for our party of 16 people.

"If you had just a few people in the GV would that change your opinion for any reason? It would be a warm weather cruise".

If we had only 2 or up to 16 friends (BTW we had only me and hubby. 18 y.o. son and 14 y.o. son in the GV on the Pearl in 2010) the Dawn wins for amount of outdoor space. We seldom used the Haven on the Pearl or the Jewel ( we had a total of 6 on that cruse in 2014) so that access to us went unused. If it would have been a bad weather cruise, having the enclosed Haven may be better. But only if every one else booked with Haven access would not be using it all at once. The space is small. Don't even get me going on the whole "but we want to invite 2 friends to visit the Haven even though they only booked an inside , what's the harm" drama.

"If you had just a few people in the GV would that change your opinion for any reason? It would be a warm weather cruise."

We stayed in the GV on Dawn in May 2017. The most surprising thing regarding noise was that you can hear the guests in the other GV. The wall is just a partition and not sealed. We kept it in mind and tried to be respectful but I am sure our neighbors heard us sometimes. We also heard them. As others have stated, the views, and sounds, from the pool deck are one of the best bits of entertainment. The show is a hoot at times!

So the pool deck part I get but so perplexing that you hear the next door guests! I know it’s so you can open it should two groups purchase thar are together but I bet that does not happen often. I do find that annoying......

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What's perplexing is why you started this thread. Your video gives you the closest thing to what it would actually be like. If you can hear the music in the video why even ask if it is soundproof? You are on a ship of 2,300 people... there is going to be noise.

Because I have never been in one and didn’t know if maybe in that video a door to outdoors could be open!! YOU ARE RUDE - if you have nothing to say then hush!!

We have always sailed with six in the GV, one couple for each suite. I always felt it would get a little lonesome with just us two rattling around in all that space, especially the GVs on the Dawn and Star. I probably wouldn't mind it on a Jewel class ship.

i wish we knew two other couples who would spring for this with us! we'd do it in a heartbeat!

We have stayed in the GV on every ship that has one available except the Pearl. Outside noise has never been a problem with any of them. As was previously stated the Star and Dawn only have a partition separating them. Only once was it an issue for us when there were children in the other villa who banged on the piano all the time. It didn't ruin our trip. We would just turn our music up a little louder. And the views on the pool deck are some of the best entertainment you will have on the ship. Do be aware that at night if your curtains are open and the lights on you can see into the living room of the villa from the pool deck.

So the pool deck part I get but so perplexing that you hear the next door guests! I know it’s so you can open it should two groups purchase thar are together but I bet that does not happen often. I do find that annoying......

The OS and DOS on the BA/GA are like that too. Movable wall that opens. Wall leaks noise between the two rooms.

At least on Escape they didn't make that mistake again.

The piano tuner was in the living room when we first arrived. It was when he moved to the other GV and started playing their piano that we realized we could hear what was going on over there.

It was mostly the piano that we heard. We did hear every time Leah, the fabulous Concierge, was over there because she was so enthusiastic and bubbly when she talked.

As far as the outside "noise", I would suggest you take the back stateroom with the sliding door to the Sun Deck. It is the BEST room and far away from any noise at night. Have a wonderful time!