First Night Done Right + Samba = Awful

Not in Texas!

Indeed.

Brisket is a specific cut from the lower chest of the cow. A "roast" can be one of many cuts.

If you oversteam a brisket, it tastes like a pot roast. Somehow I don't think they have a smoker on board the ship. :)

If you want to get into the science of BBQ, Camp Brisket is pretty awesome. https://bbq.tamu.edu/camp-brisket/

Indeed.

Brisket is a specific cut from the lower chest of the cow. A "roast" can be one of many cuts.

If you oversteam a brisket, it tastes like a pot roast. Somehow I don't think they have a smoker on board the ship. :)

If you want to get into the science of BBQ, Camp Brisket is pretty awesome. https://bbq.tamu.edu/camp-brisket/

Absolutely correct, there are several types of roasts. The one that was specifically mentioned was a pot roast. I believe it is often called a Yankee Pot Roast.

Brisket6d32326ad863c457a0b9764166ae6add.jpg

Okay, you go to the store, buy this piece of meat, take it home, put it in my great grandmother's cast iron Dutch oven, sear it on all sides, add potatoes, carrots and onions, pour on Secret Liquid Ingredients, and cook for several hours.

TELL EVERYONE TO COME TO THE DINNER TABLE FOR POT ROAST.

Maybe it's a Philly thing?

Okay, you go to the store, buy this piece of meat, take it home, put it in my great grandmother's cast iron Dutch oven, sear it on all sides, add potatoes, carrots and onions, pour on Secret Liquid Ingredients, and cook for several hours.

Why would you do something like that to brisket? It is akin to having a gold medal bronzed.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy Samba on the Allure. I have not tried it there, but I ate multiple times at Samba on the Radiance and enjoyed it each time.

It is true that some of the meats are better than others. I stick to the filet mignon and the lamb. The sausage is good, too, but I would rather fill up on the other two.

Radiance's Samba, and every land-based churrascaria that I have been to in the U.S., has a salad bar set up for salads and appetizers. I liked them.

It is a shame that Allure has restricted FNDR to just two restaurants. That would not make me happy.

I agree about the meat at Samba (I also went while on Radiance). If I go again, I’ll wait for the lamb and filet. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree it's a Philly thing. I don't think I have ever served "brisket", but I served "pot roast" often.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

We hated Samba on Allure.

Since the hot tubs are only a few feet away, we got to sit and “enjoy” our meal by watching a pile of drunk people laughing, being loud and crawling in and out of the water. The best part was the drunk woman wearing a thong that kept coming inside to ask questions and talk to a crew member while the staff just stood there and did nothing about it.

I’m all for a good time, but Samba sells itself as a specialty / better dining experience. They could hang some curtains or something in the evenings to help block all the nonsense, plus get a restaurant a manager with the balls to toss out someone that shouldn’t be in there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk